Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I submitted an assignment and submitted a comment with it. How do i delete that comment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-04-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, was wondering if it was possible to have a graded discussion assigned to only a section of the class but make it available to all regardless if they are part of the section? The discussion groups we have include people from two different sections...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need help with the New Rich Content Editor. Each of the following I was able to do in the previous Rich Content Editor, but I cannot determine how to do the same thing in the New RCE, am I missing something or has the ability been removed?1) Create a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When in speedgrader and clicking on the Vericite percentage, the window that populates is a Vericite report for another document the student submitted. I have been able to view the correct Vericite report for some students, but for other students I r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a quiz and for some reason Canvas is duplicating the questions automatically so when my students sign in to take the quiz they are being offered 8 or 16 choices as answers when there should only be four choices. I have tried editing the qui...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to edit the theme and style of my courses. How can I do this and how much range to explore do I have with a free account and also a company account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get credit for a day when this module has not placed in Canvas, and you have been waiting for two days. I don't think that it is fair that you been told that it was done and it is not there. So what can be done to correct the matter?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'd like to have my students "vote" on their top 5 choices out of ten options. Is there an easy way to do this inside Canvas?Many thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In the old Canvas system, resubmissions were peach. In the new system, they are green. However, if a student turned in the original submission late, it shows up blue in the gradebook. After reaching out to the help desk, I understand that the color w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does Canvas keep allowing me to access my inbox sometimes, and other times only shows a blank screen? Is this issue on my end with my computer, or is it Canvas having issues?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students have submitted essays in doc to canvas, but I cannot figure out how to make comments on their submitted drafts.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone run into any anomalies with the MANUAL grade post policy. I have a situation in which the manual policy is set at the course level, but it is applied erratically to the actual assignments. The user swears she did NOT change these individua...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

In the new grade book, how to adjust the total grade column to calculate unsubmitted and/or ungraded assignments as zero (and not have to wait until past the due date)?  AKA Calculate the total grade based on all assignments, not only on the graded a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to correct one incorrect answer on my  running anatomy course.  I cannot seem to successfully tap in the correct answer.  Everythin seems frozen..  How do I correct an answer??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Dwight Global Online School is looking to hire someone who can create a set of templates and design tools for our online school.   We would be doing this work over the next month and are looking to get started quickly.  If you are interested, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I initially thought that submissions' posted_at timestamps would either be the same as the graded_at values, or some later date, identical for all submissions linked to the same assignment, representing the date-time when all grades are released to s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I add a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I engage in an online class. I am registered to an online digital media class added I just don't know how to view the class and actually participate in it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Several of my canvas icons have the closed eye over them. I keep clicking on the closed eye to make certain parts of Canvas visible to students, but I still cannot make some content visible. Can you please help thanks?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access my digital textbook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Onliine course of HLHS Medical Terminology that is tied in with McGrawHill Connect. Assignments from Connect automatically graded and goes to gradebook - no problem.Problem: one assignment in Connect is a Pronunciation Assignment that I have to go in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I am a librarian, I have a course in Canvas that is campus-wide. I want to create an ungraded assignment where students can submit work for a creative writing contest. My issue is that there is no grading or speed grader so I can't access the uplo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Can I import a Question Pool from SAKAI into my Canvas course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create Outcomes and Rubrics at the Account level, I usually export the Outcome Report in to analyze them. Those are the rubric criteria that contain the bullseye. Do those rows also end up in the Canvas Data Portal files or are they only in Ou...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to add a student to my class.When I enter his email address, I see my name linked to his email address.  Obviously I screwed up but I don't know how to undo my mistake and get him enrolled.I'm desperate.  Please help me!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I created an assignment in one course and the same assignment needs to be posted in another course.  As an admin, is it possible to import the assignment from the course to another one?  Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have Mindtap synced to my course, and grades are coming through, but when I use Message Students Who, students who have a grade are still showing up as if they did not submit. Anyone know if this is on Mindtap's end or a feature not meshing up righ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get help adding an SIS ID and Login ID for new class members?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our school, Georgia Cyber Academy, is a fully online virtual public school serving students K-12. This year is our first year using Canvas as our LMS and we are using all new curriculum as well. We would like to explore options for our high school st...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies