Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

This is my first conference I recorded as practice. I ended the conference and it now listed as a concluded conference.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to access canvas through google chrome and it is not working.. it is just blinking.. but everything is working like when i look something up and my mobile app is working

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you edit a document that is already in a module or in Files?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A friend wants to add a scatter plot to a quiz and have students plot the regression line.  Is there any way to embed an image and have the students be able to draw on it?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put announcements on my home page?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am creating an assignment in Canvas and want to upload some pdfs to the assignment, don't see a way to do that.  How do I upload pdfs to an assignment?thanks,Fred Randolph

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I access the rich content editor feature

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My front page is set to modules and I would like to change that and just have a front page. When I clicked on change front page, I was unable to click front page because it said it had to be set. How do I set front page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a tool or app I can use in Canvas to Survey my students in a class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The "Save" button is greyed out in Grade Posting Policy in the grade book. I'm trying to select "Manually" to hide grades while I'm grading, but it won't allow me to save the setting.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to submit my essay final draft and my professor provided a turnitin option. When I open to click on the link to submit my essay it says, " This assignment hasn't been set up yet. Ask your intstructor to configure this assignment." I told ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I used CANVAS / CONFERENCE (Big Blue Button) for the first time to webcam a lecture with students.  I clicked the button to record the lecture...and I just received an email telling me that my recording is now available.  I clicked on CONFERENCES on ...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying to embed html in a page but it is not working. I'm not sure why and was wondering if there is something I need to change in settings. It works for my colleague and I'm following the same steps.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When making an exam on canvas, how do you format a select all that apply question so that students do not end up with partial credit?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a studio art teacher and VERY new to Canvas other than for grades.  What is the best way to have students submit written assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I did a practice session using the Conferences tool in Canvas today. There were two students in the session using webcams and I could see them, but they all said they could only see me. I thought they would be able to see each other. Is it possible f...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

What is a pinned discussion?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am checking student submissions and I'm getting this message: Any suggestions for a resolution is appreciated. Log InYou need to authorize this integration in order to use it.Please sign in to your Google account and authorize this integration.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Can you recover a discussion that was deleted?Stephanie

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you insert a PowerPoint slideshow with audio and an embedded video into an Assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why the error? There's no further info to correct the situation. I need to give some students additional time on examinations. Is my account not configured correctly?

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I press the "View Grades" button on the bottom of my Dashboard page, it shows me the four classes I am currently in, but also two classes I took in previous semesters.  I do not want those two on the page anymore, only my current classes.  How d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, for those of you who are using remote learning, are you using New Quizzes for assessment of students?  I finally spent time navigating New Quizzes and I like what I am seeing so far.  I noticed that in the quiz settings, there is an option to Fil...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to know if the assigned work is still valid with all the changes at out campus? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the best depository for student files, e.g. Word documents?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi- I'm one of those moving online because of school closures. I teach a lab and so there are a few issues with moving the content online. One of the big ones is how to transfer our assignments. We use tables in the lab packets, and right now we are ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, with the move to all online learning, our science teachers would like to edit the grade weight for Lab assignments from Qtr 3 to Qtr 4. I'm fairly certain changing weight on the group within the term will change for both quarters - am I wrong?If ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can record a conference but when it goes in the "concluded" box, I cannot replay it and there is not a way to review the content. Why so? During the session, it was recording. How can I access recorded sessions?Note: I didn't receive any email with...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies