Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can I remove the download button or option to download from modules/assignments/pages and so forth?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2020 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do i build a histogram in Lean Six Sigma Green belt class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When conducting a quiz on Canvas, is it possible to prevent students from switching to different tab or window on browsers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I a Teacher who is also a Student in a professional development course using Canvas. Any way to separate Notifications so that I may manage the Notifications I would like to receive as a Student (in my professional development course) and the Notific...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do i email my professor? Where do I find his email address? There does not seem to be a tab on the cabrillo webpage. ...thanks in advance....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In How do I create a question bank in an account? , Canvas says:"You can create questions banks for your institution or subaccount. Question banks are quiz question repositories that admins and instructors can access when creating a quiz. They make i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attach a picture into a discussion? A picture that is not on the internet but that is on my computer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas icon is showing next to my course name.  However, when I click on the icon, a page pops up that says:Woops...Looks like nothing is here!We couldn't find that page!PAGE NOT FOUNDCan you help me?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All my classes from the previous semester (Fall 2019) are still on my main page.  In the past, they have gone away automatically when the new semester starts but not this time.  How do I make them go away so I just have my current courses there?  Tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, Could you tell me if I would be able to restore my students' video submissions (and my comments and grades) on Canvas?I deleted my original due date (assigned all) when I added a new due date for students. I should have not done that as I now ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I've followed the Canvas guide for configuring Azure (SAML) and Canvas Authentication. When I attempt to log in using my O365 credentials, I receive error "AADSTS650056: Misconfigured Application" with 3 possible causes: Client hasn't listed permissi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-05-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If you fail a unit test do you have to start over the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to enroll in the sing Pictures to Engage: A Guide to Creating Infographics -- SPRING 2020 course and every time I click enroll it gives me an error message. Please help. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a graded survey I would like students to take 12 times over the course of the term.I know I can essentially "copy and paste" the ungraded survey into the course 12 times  but the most elegant (easiest!) way would be to allow the student to tak...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher who made an assignment that isn't due for another week. It's set to be submitted online as a text entry or a file upload. As soon as she posted the assignment, it automatically entered 0's in the gradebook for every student. In her g...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello.I am supposed to do a video discussion post for my class. I do not seem to have a camera on my computer and am also unable to view classmates video posts. What can I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to select all the question in the Move/Copy feature of the Question Bank.  Canvas only seems to allow the individual selection of questions in Move/Copy.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know much about the respondus lockdown browser and the test log that you can use via Canvas? I am concerned that a parent is accessing my tests take on lockdown. I noticed on the log that the test will say session started and then about 3...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know the class average, as well as high and low scores on an assignment.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I have a student that claims is unable to login to Canvas from a computer but has no issue logging in with their phone.  As I was trying to troubleshoot the issues she sends me an email that says they can now login with their tablet bu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I submit an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does my student's submission show as an attachment? I want to view it in the gradebook preview so that I can use the Canvas tools for feedback. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to make the closed captioning font size larger on videos? The text runs across the top of the video and is very small. This makes it hard for those who need the captions to understand and participate, especially when the video is sho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot hide grades the same way I did last year. The function doesn't seem to be available until I enter a grade (tells me there are no grade to hide). Once I enter a grade I can "hide grades", but I move to the next student and the process seems t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have 1 student when they joined my course it shows up as a long number on my roster. Is there a way for me or the student to change this on the free version of Canvas? The student does not have another email to use otherwise I would just have them ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,I have a faculty who has a course that seems to be showing final grades as show unsubmitted assignments as 0, but that option is not selected. I'm wondering if it has to do with one of the assignment weighted groups, which has only unpublished ass...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to create my first module. The district says we have access to an external tool titled CK-12. But how do I access it in order to assign content from the tool?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the new gradebook, how do I separate different sections of the same course like I used to be able to?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone tell me why Canvas is recording grades for assignments that I have not begun to grade?  And assigning full credit to everyone who did not submit?  I have spent hours trying to figure this out and am nowhere near understanding why.Thank you...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I get the link emailed to me to access my course link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies