Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

In speed grader, is it possible to cut and paste into the text box for an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

What happened to the animated GIF function for each class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school uses a rubric to convert raw points to a proportional grade on a 4pt scale. I have figured out how to have CANVAS do this conversion for me using a "grading scheme" option in the assignment set up instead of points or percentage. The conver...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last semester our administrator told us that the function that automatically enters zeros in the gradebook was not working and we should not use it until further notice.  Has this been fixed?  Does the gradebook correctly enter zeros  when set up to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,We are currently piloting Canvas for our online course offerings and would like to contact schools that have automated  grade transfer from Canvas to Banner and who are NOT using the ILP Ellucian module.  One of the requirements from our Registrar...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just recently discovered the Teacher Activity Report and thought it was a great tool - until I started using it. The Teacher Activity Report is found when you go to the People  menu option and then select the Student Interactions Report from the Dr...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to build a home page for my course which includes a "roadmap" of the various modules. If a student has completed a given module, I would like to overlay a checkmark image over the bitmap representing that module.Is there some way to have...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We would like to create a rubric that includes both a ratings scale and a free form narrative comment section for each criterion.   As of now, it seems to be one or the other.  Is it possible to do this, and if not, can this change be incorporated in...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas - Inbox - Compose MessageMessage window opensSelect course - new layer - displays links to select either Favorite Courses or More coursesThis is an unnecessary level. How can I turn it off? 

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How can I allow a student to retake a quiz once she's been locked out?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't see my courses on my dash board, assignments, files and etc. How can I fix this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have multiple choice tests in Blackboard that I want to use in Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

While I'm enjoying many of the new Canvas features post-update, one important feature seems to be missing from the re-vamped version. You used to be able to click on an assignment in the grade book and see some statistics for the assignment (like the...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What WCAG level does the Canvas accessibility checker check for at present and if not WCAG 2.1 AA, will this be updated soon? Thanks!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi.  For my swimming class, I want to create a quiz that allows students to reflect on how well they are meeting stroke requirements, but I want them to get credit for entering a comment without me entering the point.  This is not something I will gr...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have rubrics for all my assignments.  Is there a way for students to self-assess by going through a rubric that I have created?  I want them to grade themselves first.

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I use a grading rubric, I assign a grade (score). Why doesn't that grade (score) get automatically transferred to the grading box? It sure would make grading faster! 

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello Team,  I am trying to view my grade book.  When I click on the Grade link I keep getting the wheel of death.  I have tried both courses and have waited for at least 10 minutes to see if the system just needs more time to upload.  Any suggestion...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I unlock a discussion that I posted?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi.I use Speed Grader, and it no longer is consistent about going to "needs grading".It frequently goes just to the next student or something.Do the students have to be in some particular order or is there some setting I don't know about?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I copy an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone help me with directions on how to enter my midpoint assessments?  I tried accessing the three-level rubric through Speedgrader, but unlike essay assignments, the student pages are empty.  Thanks!#MidpointFeedback

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i just recently bought a new laptop and when i log into my inside bc account i can not see any of my assignments in one of my classes ,but when i log into a different device  i can see all my assignments . what do i do ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload documents to my canvas? or for assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using #Turnitin Plagiarism Framework, is there a way (within Canvas) to sort all assignments based on the Turnitin Similarity Score (for example, to easily identify the higher scores among, say, 700 students)? When using the external tool, the Assign...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a question about my grade book. I have columns for my exam scores and I want to add columns for extra credit. I don't want students to be penalized if they didn't do it, so I put a zero in that column. How can I make sure the total score calcu...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In my class there are 15 equal point assignments but only ten at most can be counted.  These are optional assignments so some students will only complete one or two and some will try to complete more than then.  Is there a way for Canvas NOT to count...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We think we are seeing that students can see their completed New Quizzes quiz scores in the Canvas app when the assignment has a grade posting policy that hasnt released grades to students.  Images below.  Can anyone replicate the same issue?--

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, we are not seeing a way to add captions to video embedded in New Quizzes questions, or Studio as an option in its content editor toolbar.  Is this being addressed?--

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello,Is there a printable version of the course I am attending (Practicing Servant Leadership)? I attended an info session 2 weeks ago and this is what I understood from the presentation. Thank you,Mihaela

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies