Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

For the past couple weeks, since January 3rd, the Canvas Gradebook hasn't been working on my MacBook or iMac with Safari. I cleared my cookies and cacheI restarted the computerSafari is updated to 13.05I have been using Canvas since June and it has b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I saw this update recently for those who use Google Suite for Education:G Suite Updates Blog: Originality reports and rubrics now generally available for Google Classroom users According to Google's page on How an originality report is created, stude...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I uploaded a testbank to canvas (*.imscc) but cant view it or utilize it. What am i missing

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignment groups from my imported content.  when I add a new assignment, it will not appear in the gradebook

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I imported all of my content from last semester.  I graded the first 3 assignments without a problem.  Now I am unable to grade any other assignment or quiz. it does not allow me to imput any value.  what's the problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello.I have saved my Canvas announcement (for adding contents later), but I cannot find where it is when I go to Announcement page.Where can I find the announcement I saved?Thank you!Regards,Aya

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

New student Mandy has a questionHow can i get a good understanding of canvas ? I need support is there any short cuts to learn how canvas works so I can better thrive in school?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

online tutoring?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use a Samsung Chromebook and have never had an issue before. Any reason why I'm seeing this message now?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I want to upload a movie to my course. I would like to make it so that I know which students have watched the movie. How do I upload a movie? Also, how do I go about ensuring they have watched the assigned film?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An instructor is asking me how to delete a video or image that is embedded in a discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student dropped a year long spanish class at the semester. Now the student is no longer showing up in the teacher's gradebook for 1st semester and she cannot complete her first semester report card for that student. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The link for students to click on in the grade book to view completed rubrics is so small that it seems to get overlooked. I had to show my students where it is and had to literally walk to each computer and point to it. Is there a way to make this m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My class at the University of Michigan has a split between assignments directed at individuals and assignments directed at teams.  My question concerns just the assignments directed at teams.  Last year, within Canvas I was able to setup Team Assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have 4 sections of the exact same class.  I want to be able to create groups within those individual sections and then create peer reviews from those individual sections.  How can I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want a picture that I choose, not the blank color.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all,I was looking at writing a program that would publish all my courses for me and I came upon several solutions. They all seems to go back to this one call.Courses - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation The problem is that it seems the id of the c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm giving a survey through the Quiz tool. Is there a way to design if-then options based on the answers provided by the user?For example:Question: Did you complete the research tutorial?Answers: IF the user answers Yes, then an additional question w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, The instructor for the course I am a TA in has not been able to add me into this course as a TA. When she tries to add me in, it says I am already added but I am not on the list and I do not see it on my canvas home screen. Can we get some ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I link my cengage/mind tap book to canvas if my professor did not provide a course key or registration link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor only wants to be contacted through Canvas.  He sent the entire class a group email informing us about how he would like to be contacted.  If I reply to that email is that the same thing as contacting him through Canvas, or is there anoth...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In a prior semester, after you SHOW INACTIVE ENROLLMENTS, how does one see the Outcome Data as well? The Outcome Data in Learning Mastery Gradebook does not pull over for prior semesters. Please tell me there is a workaround for this. Ideas?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi!I don't see any courses on my canvas board. I get information that I have not registered at any course. What should I do to have access to the files of a given course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,We have been using the Canvas Plagiarism Framework for well over a year now with no issues. Our instance of Canvas is integrated with the PowerSchool SIS. But - the Plagiarism Framework is not available as an option with a manually-created cour...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

HiIs it possible to manually upload a student's file when it is past the deadline? Sometimes when a lot of students upload their assignment close the deadline, the speedgrader can crush not allowing anyone to upload. Then we receive emails from stude...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning!My online exam is scheduled today, but the screen doesn't have the option to go to the Start Quiz screen, can you please assist to resolve this issue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to   edit a quiz already taken I did not put in the point value to a quiz when I set it up,  and cannot figure out how to now put then point value in now?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to send out one email on Canvas to the entire class, how do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I set up a Question bank for a quiz? It says I have to click on an Admin tab but I do not have that tab? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to change terms in grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies