Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi!I don't see any courses on my canvas board. I get information that I have not registered at any course. What should I do to have access to the files of a given course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,We have been using the Canvas Plagiarism Framework for well over a year now with no issues. Our instance of Canvas is integrated with the PowerSchool SIS. But - the Plagiarism Framework is not available as an option with a manually-created cour...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

HiIs it possible to manually upload a student's file when it is past the deadline? Sometimes when a lot of students upload their assignment close the deadline, the speedgrader can crush not allowing anyone to upload. Then we receive emails from stude...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning!My online exam is scheduled today, but the screen doesn't have the option to go to the Start Quiz screen, can you please assist to resolve this issue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to   edit a quiz already taken I did not put in the point value to a quiz when I set it up,  and cannot figure out how to now put then point value in now?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to send out one email on Canvas to the entire class, how do I do this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I set up a Question bank for a quiz? It says I have to click on an Admin tab but I do not have that tab? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to change terms in grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to create an assessment in which students are to upload multiple files of specified types. I also need a placefor them to submit some text, preferable not as another file.I'm pretty sure I can only do this as a quiz, because assignments only l...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to move the Correct and Incorrect feedback in a Hotspot Question as a teacher or as a student so you can see more of the image? 

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In one of my courses on Canvas, I'm no longer able to see the Home view. The default view seems to be the Syllabus view (table-oriented view of course schedule and basics of course grading). When I click on Home, Canvas only displays the Syllabus vie...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When grading, I prefer to view students' work without having to download it to my computer or ipad. For some assignments, some student work is viewable in speed grader and some student work has to be downloaded and opened. What file types are viewabl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Based on data coming from the API only, how can one know whether an assignment was created using an old or a new gradebook? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create an organization in Canvas (announcements for my department)?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I searched the community and found a few threads on the subject but they are quite dated and maybe not focused on what I am curious about. So, at our university we are very focused on group work for assignments. In our old bespoke system we had...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My QTI zip files are not uploading.  Anyone else having this issue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How am I able to access my grades in my canvas account? it is still showing just zeros? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to assist an foreign language instructor so that students don't rely on services like Google Translate when they are writing their compositions and when he wants to grade them after the fact, he likes to make in-line annotations to show w...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Varför ser jag inte kursen FOU 2000? Jag ska vara angiven som student?Det här meddelandet har översatts med Google Translate.Subject:CoursesMessage:Why don't I see the course FOU 2000? Should I be listed as a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access the course Q&A?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school is slowly moving toward online submission through canvas of assessment tasks.Our current system requires students to sign a form with the time they submitted and an acknowledgement that what they are submitting is their own work.When submi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

why is my dash board, home, announcement pages and others not showing content?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone else had the problem that Gradebook severely truncates the titles of each assignment, making it impossible to tell which assignment is which?Like most instructors, I give my assignments names like "Homework 01" and "Homework 02," or "Parti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanna to ask a question about my class and I took a class of English 88B night class with Nathan Wirth from 6:10pm -9pm and I just wanna to know is that was trying to look it up at Canvas text book to print it out and it sayRequired Texts & Materia...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When I use the Canvas link through my coast portal and clicked on the courses, nothing shows up. It shows as a white screen even if I use Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The only file I can access is the syllabus from word document. Please advise.Tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When the instructor is using the speed grader for discussion posts, it isn't auto populating the score to the grade book. I set up the discussion boards to all use the same rubric. Did I miss something that is making it so when the instructor uses th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you add 2 rubrics to 1 discussion post? Each rubric with a different point value? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we still download Microsoft Office and where and how do you do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hi i was looking over my discussion submission and would like to fix it, can i delete it and resubmit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way I can enrol students to a course without having to use their email address. For example sending them a link to the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies