Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Our school is slowly moving toward online submission through canvas of assessment tasks.Our current system requires students to sign a form with the time they submitted and an acknowledgement that what they are submitting is their own work.When submi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

why is my dash board, home, announcement pages and others not showing content?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone else had the problem that Gradebook severely truncates the titles of each assignment, making it impossible to tell which assignment is which?Like most instructors, I give my assignments names like "Homework 01" and "Homework 02," or "Parti...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanna to ask a question about my class and I took a class of English 88B night class with Nathan Wirth from 6:10pm -9pm and I just wanna to know is that was trying to look it up at Canvas text book to print it out and it sayRequired Texts & Materia...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, When I use the Canvas link through my coast portal and clicked on the courses, nothing shows up. It shows as a white screen even if I use Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The only file I can access is the syllabus from word document. Please advise.Tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When the instructor is using the speed grader for discussion posts, it isn't auto populating the score to the grade book. I set up the discussion boards to all use the same rubric. Did I miss something that is making it so when the instructor uses th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you add 2 rubrics to 1 discussion post? Each rubric with a different point value? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we still download Microsoft Office and where and how do you do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hi i was looking over my discussion submission and would like to fix it, can i delete it and resubmit?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way I can enrol students to a course without having to use their email address. For example sending them a link to the course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

¿Cómo puedo dar extensión de entrega a un alumno en particular? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently changed my laptop to a Mac Apple computer. When I try to read my assignment, the page is blank. Does anyone know why this is happenings?]

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make the dashboard be my opening screen when I sign on to Canvas.  I must have changed it at some point, but I'm not sure why it opens to an old course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I wanted to use Respondus with my Canvas and I upload a survey via respondus to canvas.  I can see it and interact with it on my account but my students are saying they couldn't access it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create an arc using LaTex in my quizzes like:but can only get one that looks like:Any ideas?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to have a checkbox with lectures so you can check the box after viewing the lecture. It would help when you have a long list of material to cover.See attachment. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are attempting to implement a software that uses many data points to help improve student retention, one of these data points is attendance. We are currently using the RollCall Attendance tool to enter and get reports on this data. We are able to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In Canvas when I click on the dashboard it is completely white, I have tried to customize it but it continues to do this. And when I click on my inbox to try and send or view a message the page is also completely white. This is also happening with my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a discussion board where people can post job openings that are relevant to the group. I delete posts after the application deadline has passed, but the replies on page 2 don't get bumped up to page 1 when that happens. At this point, all of th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I try to delete a question from a quiz, it gets deleted from its test bank as well.  How do I delete it from the quiz while KEEPING it in the question bank?  The quiz has pre-determined questions, it is not randomly pulling questions from ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all,Now that New Quizzes is moving along, how are faculty doing surveys? Graded and ungraded surveys are not available in New Quizzes. Has anyone found a favorite survey tool?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Trying to open Dashboard in my computer and can't do it for some reason.Do i need a special programing for that?Thank you,Maria

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I import a quiz from sandbox into my real canvas page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

HOW CAN I CHANGE MY PASSWORD IN CANVAS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an add-on, extension, or 3rd party solution that can be integrated with Canvas to enable 2-way texting for course discussions?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have several faculty members, including myself, using a one page whole course format.  This was taken from a Canvas webinar several years ago.  (see picture below) We turned on the new rich content editor for the whole school.  Now when we go to e...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Gradebook not showing up!I have posted and published three assignments but the grade book for the course isn't showing up. Hereis a screen shot of the assignments:

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

non-editing teacher role privileges?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,When I press the link to open up my homework, a blank screen comes up, instead of the screen with questions. How can I get it to pull up?Thanks,Leigh Henderson

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I get a tax credit for taking the HUC course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies