Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My students are having trouble downloading their video assignments. I have the correct media file type selected in the edit options. Is there a limit to the video size? I don't see any user options to change it.Thanks! - DF

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In looking at the Faculty Center info on my dashboard for Agronomy 500, under the "grading" type, it says "student option".  I had assumed that the capstone course used an A-F grading system, but does "student option" mean it's to be graded on a Pass...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have my first extension school class this evening but I have not received a zoom invitation to login.  Will there be a link posted to the class online plateform?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to download the comments and replies from discussions?I read a few people had this question a few years ago and wondered if it had been resolved. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an interactive presentation platform that is free with a Canvas purchase?  I would love something like Nearpod, Peardeck, or even Desmos that is user-friendly.  Thanks. #nearpod #peardeck app‌ 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

No puedo acceder a mi clase en linea y no me sale en el tablero como a los demás compañeros Este mensaje ha sido traducido usando Google Translate.Subject:Why can't I open my class online and it doesn't seem like it on my board either?Message:I can't...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why do I have a class from last semester on my course list still? It is not ongoing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is the Total column in the gradebook accessible by an api or is it available in the canvas data portal files. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i retrieve deleted messages from my inbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach at Mount Carmel College of Nursing. How do  I  put in a 3 point paper quiz under quizzes? I am not talking about the new quizzes under assignments but a paper quiz under the quiz section. I can not get the pts to show up hohandley@mccn.edu

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When the school year is up, in what way are we sending the chromeboooks back to the school?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a free account for teachers and I am being limited to 3 questions in a quiz that I am authoring. Why is this? Is there a setting I can change to author more questions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cannot find inbox-ing. Can you send a link? Regards, Viktor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I used to be able to look at metadata on submitted assignments in MS Word.(after downloading)The metadata seems to be missing now (cleaned).How do I view the MS Word Metadata on submitted assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So I wonder, we have a picture on the front side and some links bellow the picture. The problem is that the students miss the links and don't think about scrolling down the page. I would like to have the picture on the left and the links or other tex...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to install Intercom's chat feature onto my canvas site. The following link explains that I need to insert a small snippet of Javascript code: Install Intercom on your website (for logged-out visitors) | Help Center Is this possible to do withi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The dashboard on my canvas app on my phone works, but on my account, my courses doesn't show up on the dashboard. What can i do to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a small college in the East Midlands (UK) and are looking at broadcasting lessons either using big blue button or a more suitable piece of software.  Could anyone recommend any outside organisation who could suggest hardware/software (If big b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hej Jag är kursledare för L3MA11 på Pedagogen GU, och har en inlämningsuppgift som är anonym. Studenterna är indelade i tre seminariegrupper med ca 35 studenter/grupp. Lärare A ansvarar för seminariegrupp A, Lärare B för grupp B och lärare C för grup...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So we have a lot of individual plans for students in English. I wonder If I can lock modules to just one or two students to see in a course, as I can do with tasks. Also I wonder if there is any canvas courses that our school can attend to atm./Maria...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our university has gone to Ungraded assessment. I need to develop Rubrics that indicate if the student obtained a Satisfactory or Not Yet Satisfactory result in the various criteria of the rubric. I would like to give them feedback in a Feedback colu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i download Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016?  For school assinments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have created a continuing course (without students in it) to use as a Blueprint Course for a course for myself and another teacher. I do not have a checkable box under settings as indicated in the canvas guides. I have attached a snip of what i ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A professor is having an issue. She can see a student viewing a class but isn't listed in the class. Trying to figure out what is going wrong. Doesn't list the student as being in the class, but might be.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI have a instructor account. In that in one course i have set some parameters and values in Custom Fields which is available in course -> settings -> apps -> view app configurations -> In that page i have chosen my item -> edit.Is there any courses...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a project that lasts all semester.  I have a different due date for each student and I want to randomly assign a peer review in advance so that those doing a review will know that it is their week to do the review.  Do I have to manually assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a test set up as a Graded Survey. The students took the test and saved their responses. Can I convert this test over to Graded Quiz without losing/affecting any of the responses the students entered? As a Graded Survey, it looks like it tallies...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have to use lock down browser but when i go to canvas my courses are just a white screen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I change someone's grade on a graded survey?  Right now everyone gets full credit if they log in to give their feedback on a speaker (no right or wrong answers) but I'd like to manually change to 0 the folks who log in and fill out the survey to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

thought I knew how but the new gradebook seems different

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies