Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A professor is having an issue. She can see a student viewing a class but isn't listed in the class. Trying to figure out what is going wrong. Doesn't list the student as being in the class, but might be.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI have a instructor account. In that in one course i have set some parameters and values in Custom Fields which is available in course -> settings -> apps -> view app configurations -> In that page i have chosen my item -> edit.Is there any courses...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a project that lasts all semester.  I have a different due date for each student and I want to randomly assign a peer review in advance so that those doing a review will know that it is their week to do the review.  Do I have to manually assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a test set up as a Graded Survey. The students took the test and saved their responses. Can I convert this test over to Graded Quiz without losing/affecting any of the responses the students entered? As a Graded Survey, it looks like it tallies...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have to use lock down browser but when i go to canvas my courses are just a white screen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I change someone's grade on a graded survey?  Right now everyone gets full credit if they log in to give their feedback on a speaker (no right or wrong answers) but I'd like to manually change to 0 the folks who log in and fill out the survey to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

thought I knew how but the new gradebook seems different

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a long Word document for my students, and, for ease of navigation, I created internal hyperlinks (which are called "Bookmarks" in Word) so that my students can easily and quickly navigate to different parts of the document by clicking the h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I delete or edit picture on dashboard after the course is published?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log into Canvas I go to the dashboard and I can't view my courses on the dashboard tab. I couldn't see the modules or any writings so I'm confused on why I can't work from my computer because I have to work on my homework through my phone ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am struggling with responding to discussion posts.  Anyone else?  And how do you handle this?  Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I gave a test under assignments with a closure date of 1:15 pm today and the test is still available for the students to view.  When they click on the gradebook, it shows the whole test. How can I delete their ability to view this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, a teacher is looking to create class participation grades in Canvas (I would imagine as an assignment).  Please see her email below.  FYI - I am new to Canvas - so I figured I would ask you all here for a good answer.  Please see below.Hi.I want ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I did a search for all "Question bank" related questions and could not find my this question, so it may be that I'm missing something fundamental. I am in the process of cleaning up question banks in my courses. Due to the need to import from other c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you set up gradebook for a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What do I need to do to get canvas to work on Mac computer? unable to see classes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Folks, After reading the Canvas API documentation and not finding what I was looking for, I figured I would ask. I am looking for a way to download a list of classes at my school that use a 3rd party integration. We have over a 1000 classes and ra...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello i would like to know why when i log into canvas to look at my quizzes and dashboard nothing shows up. I use a macbook pro but i logged in on my iPhone and saw all the quizzes and dashboard no problem. Does canvas not support MacBooks?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where and when can I expect to receive my course invitation ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add a parent to my school info release. How do I do that

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you set peer review to automatically assign peer reviews in an assignment, set it to 1 peer review, and you have an odd number of students? What does Canvas do?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, is there a way to get user_id(1.1) through custom claims of the developer key. I tried $vnd.instructure.User.uuid and $vnd.instructure.User.current_uuid but the id returned was different. May I know if there is a way to get 1.1 user_id?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post my course outline to canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#HOW TO MAKE A QUIZ SO THAT ANSWERS HAVE TO BE ENTERED ALL AT ONCEI am very new to Canvas as an instructor, the students have had homework assignments and we have greatly appreciated that they are able to say out of a 50 question assignment, get in a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between been enrolled in as unit as a Convenor versus a Teacher? Can a Teacher role edit the module as easily or not at all?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an Instructor, I am doing an independent study for 2 to 3 students. Should I use ZOOM or SKYPE for F2F interactions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I turn on notifications for announcements and grade entries for my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some of my student averages are different in PS Pro than in the Canvas gradebook. It looks like there is something going on decimals, but that is a guess. The scores with decimals (77.5, 88.5, etc) are showing in PS but the overall average in PS is s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I sent an invitation to my Canvas course to a new participant using her email address and name. She received an email with a "Get Access" or "Start Here" button. However, when she clicked the button it sends her to a page that indicates Canvas no lon...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i can't see the quiz. the prof says i am in the class. but the quiz are not showing. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies