Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The response of my students to Week 1 and Week 2 Assignments and ALSO my Assignment Comments are missing in the SpeedGrader.   Please see the following screenshots comparing the Discussion and Assignment responses on SpeedGrader.   I have posted all ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I make sub modules, or modules within modules, or use modules like a folder system? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi All, I recently started working on LTI 1.3 with Canvas, created a student, assigned a course, paired with an observer. Once logged in as the observer, looked into id_token claims and wondering what value does this claim "https://purl.imsglobal.org...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hello, please when I click my drop-down menu for the statement of financial position i don't see non- current assets and total non-current assets 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’ve added the external app ASSISTments to my canvas courses and have started using it in my math courses. When you create an assignment using this external tool, it makes the assignment open right in the Canvas screen so students don’t have to have ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I format a Reference list section using a hanging indent in the discussion board if it calls for APA format for discussion?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I contact my professor on Blackboard or canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I use APA

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i change the dashboard picture?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having problems with it counting my answers that are written in as wrong. When it shows me the right answer, it is exactly what I typed. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just need a hard copy of a blank roster with grids to record grades. Any help?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

You mean to tell ME that I'm using Microsoft for my student email yet Canvas does not support Internet Explorer...rrrrriiiigghht.... well played, well played... NOT! XD hahahahahahaha

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an orientation quiz with:four multiple choice questions, 1 point eachfour essay questions, 0 points each. Those were just feedback opportunities that can't be right or wrong, which is why I assigned 0 points to each.I would like to post the gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can someone explain how a student can achieve a quota that looks like the attached? I can't find anything about how Canvas calculates such 'overages'. The student said that's not mathematically possible. She's right. It's not. What's going on?

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i reopen a quiz for 1 student after it closes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Why can't my students see their total grade.  (It's hidden) . How can I change this?  I can't find the menu item for this anywhere.  

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload an essay to Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you edit and upload to Canvas? I am a professor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It shows the boxes to where the classes should appear but they won't show what they are and i can't submit any of my assignments. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to remove the "eyeball" icon next to announcements and I can't seem to recall how to do this.  Can someone help me? Please and thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to upload and embed an image into a discussion. I have been able to do it before, but this semester it is just giving me error message:  File Upload failed. I have tried about 20 times with no success. My professor requires that th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is no "button" to upload the assignment on my Assignment?  It shows up on the same assignment from the previous semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I access a spread sheet so I can sign up for a project?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can graders see assignments from students?     What are the default actions/permissions that graders have.   How do I set them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a picture from my class tile?  I have uploaded a picture but it appears upside down, I need to rotate it to the correct position.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the new "Speed Grader", question point values do not reliably update properly.  Sometimes manually-entered point values for a question from one student's exam are carried over to the same question in the next student's exam.  This requires an ad...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you add a link onto modules.  Trying to add short stories onto my courses.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not find the text entry box to submit my project

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using speed grader and grading an assignment when I entered the grade it shows "Hidden" in red. How do I remove it.  I checked in the grade book and it is showing. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I finished setting up my spring classes in canvas yesterday, I have answer keys that are present but not published with in the modules. They look fine in student view on the computer but when I checked the canvas student app on my phone, everything i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies