Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Why do only a few students have the "not graded" icon in the gradebook and not other students?  None of them is graded yet--the grading deadline is days away.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I'm looking for a way to control if/when students receive the automated course invitation from Canvas.Question 1: Is there a way to turn off the automatic invitation when I enroll a student? I would prefer to send them an email with my own text and a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I gave a module exam in Mindtap and can view the scores. However the scores do not show up on Canvasfor students to see. How do I Synchronize???Gary Bergreen, Chaffey College

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using Canvas to manage professional development content across an entire division of professional staff and graduate assistant, and I'm trying to reduce the need to create overly long pages of content and/or loads of individual pages.I've tried t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-01-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Instead of having students email me weekly journals, I would like to have them submit to a drop box. How do I addone?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you use the canvas math equation editor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where is the code to sign in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What's the difference between copying a course vs. exporting and importing its contents? When would I do one or the other?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to enter my MyMathLab access code for my course. I cannot figure out how/where to do this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, is there any way to edit Roll Call Attendance to allow a specified number of absences before reducing a student's grade? I allow three absences, but the mechanism deducts points from the first missed absence. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The student had an emergency during the quiz and did not finish it within the allotted time. Can I reset the quiz for her only so she can retake it?I found the answer searching through the Canvas guided under "Once I publish a quiz, how can I give my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to send an email or message to all our teachers through CANVAS?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to download the roster as a .csv or .xlxs file.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are having trouble uploading videos to canvas from imovie and other iphone apps. Any suggestions on a particular app that works?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My students need to complete a placement outside the classroom and one of the evaluation methods is an on-line discussion forum with weekly topics. What is my best option on Canvas for this type of assignment?Many thanks,Mirela

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I answer to my classmates on the discussion group?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am able to edit a number of settings on my account but when I go to edit my display name I am unable to. Currently it is displaying my full legal name. Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How come some of the grades from the grades panel (teacher view) link to the speedgrader while others don't (they just have a check or x to mark them completed)?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When submitting an assignment in a text entry box, how do you add a picture or screenshot?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you have your dashboard on "list view" can you sort it by time and not A-Z

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using ann external tool which provides adaptive course material for a chapter. There are 3 topics and 2 assessments in that chapter which are bundled as a single assignment and deployed in my LMS. Now I need to grade students for the 2 assessment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

when i got to my canvas, my assignments are popping up but they are not letting open them, as well as the materials i need to purchase, and my dashboard has nothing popping up. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!What am I doing wrong?I used to be able to click on a box in the grade book and be taken right to what needed grading.  Further, the top columns on the grade book were all filled in with the modules.  Now, the top column is all dots; I have to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having a problem with certain things like equations and characters not showing up when I am looking at assignments and descriptions of assignments on canvas. I have had this problem before but I just used a different computer but now I don't hav...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Macbook Pro that has been updated to OX Yosemite and Safari to 10.1.2. Whenever I use Canvas though I cannot see the files that my instructor adds to the assignments board. Do I need another software to see these attached files? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have published content under Pages and Assignments (an on-line discussion) and I can't make it visible to students. The eye is still there. Mirela 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I create a group assignment for 45 students, with 3 separate topics, 3 groups for each topic, and only one student can self select what topic and group they want to join?If I set up 3 different groups it appears there are 3 separate assignment...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I add the classes I am enrolled I  to my profile?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had to duplicate a test for 4 students so there are 2 tests in grade book.  The test is out of 45 points.  For some reason, in speed grader for test 2 but not test 1, in the right hand section it shows "grade out of 0" but to the left there is a sc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All, We can't see the students' profiles on the gradebook. Does anyone know if that is a glitch? #WheresWaldoTracie @nzingo ‌stefaniesanders‌

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2020 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies