Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I posted a quiz for three of my sections. Two were fine, but one of them lists the correct question value in the quiz, but is treating the overall value of the quiz as out of 0. I cannot find a way to make the assignment value overall match the quest...

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do I grade the free response in canvas quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the first time online, I've divided the class into groups for a capstone exercise to encourage, hopefully, participation and engagement.  Any recommendations or insight?sg

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor trying to add some things to Canvas that are marked as "DIsabled". Help?#

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like just my instructional coach to see what I have accomplished so far.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I upload and share a pdf presentation in Panopto

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my assignments locked for editing?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Yes Hello-Does anyone know if students need a Zoom account first to 'see' the Zoom meetings built by faculty? I know that for faculty without yet getting a Zoom account and use the LTI Zoom tool...it will ask them "Do you want to allow Zoom and Canva...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to log in to canvas using a different computer. Although my ID and password are correct I receive a message "invalid token". What does this mean? 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

tried ti reset it and gave email address for reset instructions to be sent to but never received the email with reset link . yes the address is correct 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do a replace a syllabus file with a new syllabus file.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just used Chat for the first time with my students.  But I want my next period's class to not be able to see the chat I had with my last period's class.  How can I archive the chat from my last class and not make it visible to my next class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I turned on canvas notifications on my phone app and there is a graded discussions post but I get a notification to every single reply to the post and to replies to comments on the post. I need notifications on for other things in the app because I a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I link mintap to my canvas class

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to give comments to students' writing in speedgrader. Everytime I try to highlight one sentence ( to show a student which sentence I'm referring to) it highlights the entire text. Also I would like to know how I undo something I've highlig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made several youtube videos, which have been made public and I embedded in Canvas.  It will play for me in teacher and student view, but my students are saying that they are getting a message that the video is restricted.  I went into youtube and t...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

What are the steps for deleting a column from the gradebook?  Also, is there a way to change the point value of an assignment after a column has been created?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a matching quiz where the points were .5 for 10 vocabulary words for a total of 5 pts. When previewing the test, it only give me 4.5 points for the total. I can't figure how to fix this.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So I am new to Canvas as an IT person. I am not sure if this is where I should post this but I have an Instructor that Deleted a Quiz after it was graded and done. Is there a way to get the students grades back or get the quiz back as well?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi allWe have been configuring the SSO SAML configuration in Canvas to point to our AzureAD as per the guidance and instructions found here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1402-configuring-azure-saml-and-canvas-authentication The AzureAD ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to upload files and choose which students can see that file? I am a special education teacher who would like to provide modified work, but still have it come from their general education canvas page. I don't want all the students to se...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I mistakenly, and stupidly, deleted a group of assignments that already had grades attached. Is there anything I can do to recover those grades? Thanks,

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!There was a problem: I can 't send an invitation to students , they don 't get an email from Canvas with a link (the Spam folder was checked). How can I fix the problem?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created groups within my Canvas course, and I want to use these for group discussion. When my students access the site, however, they can see discussion threads from all of the groups. I want to restrict things so that students only see discus...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm trying to create an assignment whereby each individual student submits a short self-made video clip. Following this, ideally I'd like each student to have to watch and comment on THREE video clips from other students. I've tried setting this u...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz in the quizzes section, but because I've never used quizzes before, I wasn't thinking about the fact that it didn't appear in the "Assignments" section I'd created prior to online courses.I see now how I can create a quiz within assi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to resolve an issue in a Canvas course. I revised an old rubric in Outcomes. However, I do not know how to attach it to the actual exam. When I view an older exam, I do not see that exam's rubric that was created in Outcomes. I did not de...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a group set? How do I change the name of a group set?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you have an individual assignment with a rubric attached - the student submits the assignment, it is graded with the rubric.  Then we allow the student to have a second submission before the due date.  I know I can regrade this second attempt and ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies