Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how can i make a 2nd attempt to a graded quiz after failing on the 1st attempt?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why am I not getting Canvas email notifications anymore (I did last semester)?I checked my Google email - nothing was in spam.I checked my Canvas notifications preferences - everything was checked to "Notify me right away"I checked my email in Canvas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm taking a course but my Canvas page says "you are not enrolled to any courses"I need to get to my homework asap. How do I do it? Thanks. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to delete the summary below the syllabus?How do I delete the course summary below the syllabus since it always showing the previous course date. It is really annoying.Thank you! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Working with the previous gradebook version, I would click on one submission to download it, then move to the next farther down, etc.  The new gradebook does not seem to work that way.  Am I just failing to notice the method?  I recognize that a zip-...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Who can enable the The Attendance (Roll Call) tool for my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning! In my canvas account, I am able to see the modules for each of my courses. However, for my CSI 505 class, nothing shows up on my laptop when I click of the powerpoint under modules. It does show up on the canvas app on my phone. How do ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't see a link to access the new gradebook.  What I can find online doesn't seem to exist in Cisco Netacad.  Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support.  You guys are great.I begin a new semester this coming week.I have a great Canvas curriculum planned.But, when I look at my dashboard, my course "logo" looks faded.This is happened before; however...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

my canvas dashboard of my classes won't load, how do i get it to where it will allow me to go into my classes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the column widths for the Gradebook all be changed at once?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an assignment to turn in by Monday. The assignment page does not load on my laptop or on my tablet, however it does load on the app in my phone. Why might this be happening? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get to my 2019 Electronic 1098-T?  Received an email stating, "Please log in to http://www.tamuct.edu/index.php and enter your username and password for your online student account to view and print your 1098-T."  Frustrating that I could no...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are experiencing a weird anomaly in one of our courses.  The media comment videos are showing up in the Files section under the "unfiled" folder. This quickly ate up the course upload quota. In all of our other courses, the Record/Upload Media opt...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to see my course schedule and assignment information on my CCP Canvas on my laptop (Microsoft 10). I can't even enter any exams that are on the Canvas. When I tried it on my Android, I was able to see my course work, modules, and was able...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to click on the start quiz tab for my Nutrition class and nothing happens, the quiz doesn't open. I was able to do the quiz on Respondous...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access and view my last semester's submitted assignments and grades?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've downloaded assignments and supplemental documents to the assignment section and pages section in the instructor view, but the student view doesn't show these documents, nor is there a listing for pages in the menu bar.  What do I need to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So, for about 1.5 hrs I have been trying to figure out how to see the names of my 10 groups. Yes, I manually, manipulated the names into the groups (note: not efficient). Then, I logged onto this site and there was this really nice data set with all ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach digital imaging classes and frequently require my students to submit image files with sidecars.  The problem I am having on Canvas is the the "download all submissions" function automatically renames all the files, making the sidecar files to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, nothing is loading on my computer regarding each of my canvas courses.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A faculty asks:"I want to set up ONE discussion forum for Module 2, but want to group my students in THREE groups giving them THREE different questions. The tricky part is, I want all their grades to appear in ONE column in Grade Center (not 3 differ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed a course. It was graded and I passed. There was no PDF attachment to the email with the certificate of completion. I do not have any proof that I did the course such as transcript or certificate or an AA number. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have an assignment to do for my Chicano Studies class. Every time i click the PDF link it shows that it's locked. Why is locked? i already spoke to my professor and she said that the PDF isn't locked for her.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any help is appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a faculty who cross-list two sections (graduate & undergrad) in one class, and she created two discussions for each section. Her question is about the grade book that she does not want to have two columns for each discussion.Is there is ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I click "move/copy question to another bank", the dialog box has a check box so I can "Keep a copy in this question bank as well".If I click "Move Multiple Questions", there is no copy option available.  The dialog box is entitled "Move/Copy Quest...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to print my transcript with grades from last semester. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student in college, and in a particular class I worked ahead. I did 5 Assignments that are due a month from now. They are already graded on canvas. But, I want to see what my grade would be if I did NOT work ahead. So my goal is making the gra...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the status of a person in CANVAS from student to participant? A student in my class has decided (and has received permission) to drop the class as a student but wishes to continue to audit the course.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies