Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you change the "Course Summary" detailed list of assignments and due dates?This appears under the "Syllabus" section in the left column.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had my grade book for each course all set up before the new grade book took effect. Now, none of the assignments I posted are on the new grade book.How do I transfer assignments from the old to the new grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot find the submit assignment buttons on either of my courses.  One course says it's a blue SUBMIT button at the top of the page and the other course says it is a red SUMBIT button at the bottom of the page.  I do not see either one.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For some odd reason, a person's name appears as somebody else's in the roster and gradebook.  My guess is that I accidentally had a name associated with the wrong email when I sent the course invitations.  How can I change it?  I see the correct pers...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If that is even possible.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Don't know how it happened, but grades entered are now listed as deleted & not being counted toward total. How do I undelete?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My class, GER 102 at 5:45, is not yet published this semester.  How do I remedy?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have a CTE-630BT Wacom Pen Tablet. I am on High Sierra and it seems impossible to get it worked with BigBlueButton. Any thoughts please?Regards,CS

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I put a graphic on the course card?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to have it accessible again, as I am taking the class this semester. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We noticed that some users who graduated are still able to receive Canvas Inbox messages. Can anyone share a process used to deactivate them that can trigger from CAMS upon CAMS classification change?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way to embed a video into canvas to make it accessible and increase student usability? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students can't see my Syllabus and some of my other course files. How do I unlock them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

the home page is not showing up correctly

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here's the scenario:Students enrolled in Literature course section 11111 and have submitted work. A week into the term, enrollment services creates a new section Literature 99999 and moves all enrollments from 11111 to 99999. My SIS import dutifully ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can see my discussions or assignments in canvas. it works on my  phone but not my laptop which is a MacBook Air 2011 with the Mac OS Sierra 10.12 update. I need this to work help please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the course, Foundations of Business Analysis SCS 2379-192, the interactive section is blank when i click on this. There is supposed to be an e-learning course, which is 10% of my overall grade.I appreciate any help.Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't view everything on canvas. I can only see the titles( grades, announcements, etc.)  and when I click on them it comes up blank. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to grade. How do I mute an assignment in the new Canvas grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are the grades suddenly not showing up in grade book? When I click on the speed grader they are there, but not in the grade book.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason my students cannot view a pdf that is in a module that I created.  I did not have this problem last semester.  Is this because it is a new semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does Canvas when creating a numerical question create 4 possible numerical answers instead of just one?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I make the course available to a student after it is over

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a TA for a class. I've been asked to look into trying to change the background of modules to a non-white color. This includes possibly setting images as a background. I'm assuming she might be meaning a watermark since text wouldn't show too well...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

@ help me My page got big on it's own and know the courses and other things don't work except for help it worked ok so please tell me why.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the new Canvas, I don't see Speed Grader.  I seem to only be able to grade from the Moderate screen, which is quite cumbersome.  Am I missing something?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that attempted a quiz twice. On attempt one, she was given a quiz with 10 questions (as I set the quiz up to do) but on attempt two, she was given only 8 questions. I have checked and other students have had ten questions for both of...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Only 3 of 4 registered classes are showing up in Canvas.  They're all Spring classes with consecutive dates.  Is it because the professor hasn't made it available yet?Thanks,Renae

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i.e. Can I set a weekly deadline for submissions to the graded discussion?I am using graded discussions as a way for my students to write reflective journals, but I would like to create a weekly due date/reminder about submissions.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi allSome of our tutors when accessing the Gradebook in Canvas have problems  when viewing sections.They select the view option and then filters but the sections option has disappeared.We have tried logging in again and tried refreshing the browser ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies