Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Many of my students are seeing "Missing" in grades for assignments that I've graded and given them points for.  None reported this in previous courses.  Why are they seeing "Missing"?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve students' assignment submission across multiple classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a teacher I know that I can enlarge text (for visually impaired students), but how can I also enlarge the text of multiple choice answer options in quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As the instructor, can I change the name of the Test Student to an actual name?  

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello - I want to create a master course that I copy from semester to semester. I would like to use deep links with Pearson's MyMathLab. Will I have to re-create the deep links each time I copy the course, or is there a way to connect the deep links ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in the process of using speedgrader to review submitted papers. I'd like to mute the assignment until I've finished reading through all of the papers. In the past I have been able to easily do that, but now I cannot find where I can mute the ass...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach several different classes and use a lot of graphics for assignments and tests.  I ran out of data space for my images and files.  How can I request an increase? Does an individual user need to subscribe to the service?  I am worried when I se...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are you able to create a Collaboration on Canvas with multiple Google Drive components (more than one document, spreadsheet, presentation...)?  More like a folder than a single file?  

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I share my portfolio with my instructor and class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student does not hit submit on a test there is not way to see there test then is there.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anybody have any experience with Canvas and braille readers?  In particular, getting Humanware braille readers to work on Canvas pages?  Thanks so much in advance!

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love Canvas, but I am definitely not enjoying the update to the Inbox.  Is it me, or is it very difficult to scroll down and select a course from Favorite Courses?  I have a long list of course sections, and it now takes me 3-4 tries to get to the ...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to save a draft for a discussion for later? It is annoying how whenever the page refreshes, it deletes any text in the reply box.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create an exam average column in the grade book that calculates based off the weight and their exam grades and not count toward final grades?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I noticed some auto paragraph indenting happening on one of our pages and I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions? I would like the "Outcomes" section to be in line with the "Resources in This Module" and "Additional Resources" section. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work? We're getting errors when the student attempts to submit a Spark video through Canvas. Right now we're only in Test and using fake students.Integrate Adobe Creative Cloud and Spark with Canvas LMS 

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get notified when students reply to a course announcement I have sent?  Right now I only see them if I happen to get back to the announcement, which I rarely do so I miss student replies.  I couldn't find the option under notifications.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make the homework section larger so I may view the entire document I am filling in for credit?  The current working pane is too small to work on financial statements, etc.  The view of all numbers is needed.  Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students submit  an assignment using a canvas  voice to text tool?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I will soon be doing grade exports for non-senior students (grades 9-11) and then just for seniors (grade 12).  Most of the Course Names in Canvas have the grade in which students are enrolled. So by using the "Text to Columns" feature in Excel, I ca...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Just wondering when training events will be posted to Instructure Events?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can you download a completed rubric into a file, such as a pdf?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to run a report that shows me the student and each of their course grades from their time in our program.  Like a master grade book.  I see how I can run the report by semester, but that isn't broken down so I can look at one student and...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The old gradebook would export grades in the same order as the groups were listed in the Assignments.  The new gradebook doesn't do this.  How can I export to Excel the gradedbook in the same order as the assignment groups in Assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues with my canvas. I am a second year student in UCC. I don't think I set up my canvas correctly as the 'dashboard' section on canvas appears blank for me. I cannot access any of my assignments. The layout of my canvas is also differe...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I unlock an assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Help! I wasn’t really late!I thought I had submitted an assignment a day early (February 23rd). I didn’t notice any error, but I got a message from my professor saying that it was late (and so I lost 30 out of 100 points) I can prove that the assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Each time I create a rubric, when I add a criterion to the rubric, a stupid popup menu asks me if I want a new criterion or if I want to duplicate the last one. This didn't used to happen in previous versions of canvas so apparently someone thinks th...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies