Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, my name is Ana Baird, and I'm a student at San Joaquin Delta College. I'm trying to download the canvas student app on my iPhone version 11.4, but I can't find the app on the app store at all. How come? My teacher requires me to download that ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I accidentally reported a profile picture. I wanted to know if there was a way of removing it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to this. How do I find my username and password? is it my ID?is it my student email address?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can't see assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to canvas, was invited to online orientation.  I clicked on "start here" and all screens were blank.  On the left side of the screen were links  (account, dashboard, classes, etc) when clicking on each one a blank screen would appear.  Pleas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A deleted the Assignment - Roll Call Attendance and would like to get it back. How do I do that? Thank you Jill 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted my answer to a discussion question, i re-read it and submitted it. But my post on the discussion is completely blank. It would be awesome if there is anyway to fix it! Attached is a screenshot of it! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I added the Qualtrics app and made a survey.  How can I view student responses?  Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can log into canvas on my phone app and everything shows in my tabs, but when I access it from my laptop the only thing that load is the syllabus. Does anyone know why the other tabs won't load to the page when click on them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view annotated comments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would some assistance on how to move files from D2L to Canvas. I'm new to Canvas but there are course materials in D2L that I would like to carry over.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who has accepted the invite for a course, and has logged into the site but every time she leaves, the next time she logs in, it doesn't recognize her email and password and she has to start all over again.  As a result, she is over a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't get my calendar or dashboard to come up, do I need to change my settings? any help is greatly appreciated.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Fall 2019 semester I had to take a compassionate withdrawal from my class.I need my scores from that class, how do I get them?Because I am taking that same class this Spring 2020 semester.Can you please help me?Are my scores archived somewhere?Jill

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently graded an assignment that was in one of my modules. Everything went as it should - I used the rubric I had paired with the assignment, scoring worked correctly, etc. When I went to the grade book the assignment was not listed and there wer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When some students are accepting our invitation for the class on Canvas, sometimes their name is replaced with numbers. How do we fix that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've uploaded GIFs for the thumbnail images representing a couple of my courses on the Canvas dashboard. When using a computer, neither myself nor my students can see the gif move - it is simply a still image. If students log in using the Canvas app,...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Cual es el join code?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a few students as observers?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class involves a lot of video assignments, submitted as media recordings. This last week all student assignment submissions have also started appearing in an "unfiled" folder under Files. Not only is this quickly taking up all of the course site's...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday and today, random students are having an issue logging on to take a test on the Lockdown Browser. It lets them log in initially, but as soon as they start navigating within Canvas it pops up with a blank screen and they can't move on. The a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to audit cross-lists ?  things like who did the cross-list, when, parent course, child course(s)?  Having problems with bad cross-lists and would like to identify the source.Bruce HarrisonUT Martin

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My syllabus content (Method of Evaluation and Course Calendar) only show in edit view.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I copy a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can successfully login to my Canvas account through the app on my iPhone, yet when i try to login on my Mac, It says I have an invalid username/password. I have tried multiple times to reset my password with the "reset password" option below the lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone curious as to how migrating old quizzes to the new quiz engine will work? I am patiently waiting for Canvas to give some direction. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My dashboard won't load on my computer. I have full wifi connection and it will load perfectly fine on my iPad. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

student submissions seem to overide previous submissions. How do i see all submissions for an assignment

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unmerging sections

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies