Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Good morning I created a 4-week course in Canvas.  I received an email that stated that "Day 5 - Discussion 1 to content that has been removed in my course Homepage, but when I click on modules and go to Day 5 - Discussion 1 it's there.I would like D...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Word documents with markups are not viewable by students. Markups are visible to teachers.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We manage course Outcomes by importing a CSV to our account. That way, any instructor for that course across the district can pull from the same set of Outcomes.The problem we run into from time to time is conflicting GUIDs. We try to create them wit...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I know that this has been a topic of discussion in the past but I could not easily find the thread.  Is the inability to copy questions in Canvas question banks some kind of sick joke? It has been the only frustrating part for me as a Canvas user for...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Can i make a module for specific staff members - no students? ThanksAaron

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I work in vocational education and we are looking at opportunities for students across different courses/disciplines to collaborate on projects to enhance work readiness skills. Is there a way to create a group formed from students who are enrolled i...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hej! Jag har gjort en uppgift i min kurs där jag vill att, efter studentens arbete är godkänt av mig, det ska vara möjligt för de studenter som är godkända att läsa varandras arbeten. Jag vill också kunna lägga till studenter efterhand som de blir go...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My teacher has uploaded the document, but it says the file 'has been locked'. What can I do to deal this problem? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If there is a course on Canvas that all students are supposed to do at least once e.g (Wits Orientation) in our instance. Is it possible on the other courses to make attending this one a prerequisite? I have seen modules being a prerequisite but not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Sir/Madam,I am a student will be taking a Graduate Diploma in Migration Law and Practice course at UTS from this month and I found there is an issue on using Canvas's calendar section.I can check all schedules on the UTS Canvas website including...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I dropped a class on Feb 28 but it is still showing up on my Canvas dashboard. I am still listed as an enrolled student. I have confirmed my enrollment record online and it does not show me as an enrolled student.Does anyone have any idea why this is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why I can not open and play lecture video in canvas on Microsoft edge of windows 10?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I go to print out my Canvas training certification?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students can't see their grades.  I've never had this happen before.  How do I disable that crossed out eyeball thing? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I generate apairing code for parent, what screen?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to implement the authentication flow for my software, the problem is when I submit my request: https://my_company_url/login/oauth2/auth?client_id=131550000000000006&response_type=code&redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oobMy problem is my ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I open the form the create a LTI Developer key for my application, there are 3 methods to select Manual Entry, Paste JSON, Enter URL and I cannot find anywhere an explanation about what the fields means or what values to enter.Can someone provid...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

please advise percentages for A, B etc

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, how do I add a student to a subject please? I am the coordinator, and under 'people' I can only add a staff member.Thanks, Bree

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The links to all my assignments will not open. When I open modules, assignments, grades and even try to inbox my instructor the microlinks will not open and the page is simply blank. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have this for a bonus question and can't seem to find something it will not accept!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I open up the attendance tab and all I see is a relatively blank screen (image attached below). How do I take attendance? The course is published, the students are enrolled. What next? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to review my grades that were posted, but I cannot.  I am receiving a message from Waypoint to Log On with my username and password.  I have already done this, but this is what I see.  This is a new issue.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I enter in my immunizations onto Canvas?I am a new student please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - Does anyone know of a way to run Canvas Provisioning report through API, and/or get the enrollments data from Canvas to a csv or database?We want to send enrollment data to a third party vendor, and we are doing that from our SIS today, but we r...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not getting notifications through email when my students resubmit an assignment. How can I get those notifications?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way for instructors to receive a notification when a student updates their pronouns mid-course?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students use an application while they are at school in the Resource setting called Snap and Read, which allows them to hear the content read aloud.  Is there accessible applications where Canvas is automatically read aloud for students who cannot...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I find all of the courses offered by Canvas?  I've tried clicking on "All Courses" and it just shows me the 3 courses I have finished.  I would like to find courses ie. Microsoft Excel, Word etc.  Also, I am not a student, I am a UW Madison St...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created a discussion and published it. I also placed it in the student to-do list. But my students still cannot see it. When under "student view" it says its unpublished. How can I fix this? Help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies