Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I engage in an online class. I am registered to an online digital media class added I just don't know how to view the class and actually participate in it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Several of my canvas icons have the closed eye over them. I keep clicking on the closed eye to make certain parts of Canvas visible to students, but I still cannot make some content visible. Can you please help thanks?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access my digital textbook?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Onliine course of HLHS Medical Terminology that is tied in with McGrawHill Connect. Assignments from Connect automatically graded and goes to gradebook - no problem.Problem: one assignment in Connect is a Pronunciation Assignment that I have to go in...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So I am a librarian, I have a course in Canvas that is campus-wide. I want to create an ungraded assignment where students can submit work for a creative writing contest. My issue is that there is no grading or speed grader so I can't access the uplo...

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Can I import a Question Pool from SAKAI into my Canvas course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create Outcomes and Rubrics at the Account level, I usually export the Outcome Report in to analyze them. Those are the rubric criteria that contain the bullseye. Do those rows also end up in the Canvas Data Portal files or are they only in Ou...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to add a student to my class.When I enter his email address, I see my name linked to his email address.  Obviously I screwed up but I don't know how to undo my mistake and get him enrolled.I'm desperate.  Please help me!

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I created an assignment in one course and the same assignment needs to be posted in another course.  As an admin, is it possible to import the assignment from the course to another one?  Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have Mindtap synced to my course, and grades are coming through, but when I use Message Students Who, students who have a grade are still showing up as if they did not submit. Anyone know if this is on Mindtap's end or a feature not meshing up righ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I get help adding an SIS ID and Login ID for new class members?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our school, Georgia Cyber Academy, is a fully online virtual public school serving students K-12. This year is our first year using Canvas as our LMS and we are using all new curriculum as well. We would like to explore options for our high school st...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone seen or reported issues trying to embed images into discussions using the new RCE? The images appear fine for me (admin), but when I masquerade as the instructor all I see is the Alt Text. No images.

• 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

I want to put grammar rules and exercises into a module so my students can find them. When I open a module, it looks like the only place I can link to or import from is assignments, but I don't want these things graded. Can I import or link to materi...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do you stop auto fill when typing a quiz bank?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make features on task bar visible to students as some say (Pages, for example)'not visible to students."

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to you copy a test from one course to another?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are having an issue with red "invalid-markup" boxes showing next to equations created using the built-in Canvas math equation tool.  These boxes only appear when using Firefox.  They do not appear in Chrome.  I have included screenshots of the iss...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once upon a time, not too long ago, Canvas grading program allowed the instructor to assign points to an assignment but change them to percentages automatically if that was the chosen setting. Now, an instructor can assign points, but he/she has to m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My student has turned in his assignments via Google Drive on Canvas (he already updated his sharing settings) but they are still not showing up on my end. It just says that Canvas refused to connect. Is there anything else the student can do to make ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a module and want to share it with gradelevel teacher. Is this possible?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the new RCE we no longer have the option of pressing ctrl+k which allowed us to choose between the link opening on the same tab or in a new window/tab - it seems the default is now new window/tab and there is no option to open the external URL in ...

• 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am currently working on a project to use canvas as a marketing tool to inform students of events and other services offered by the university. I was wondering if somebody has worked on  similar project before and if so have you got any advice for m...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

When an announcement is sent to a class it is currently set up so they all receive a notification email of the new announcement. However, I have noticed that the notification email's formatting does not follow the formatting of the original announcem...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Eu estou gostando dos vídeos, porém, existe algo que eu não compreendo, é a velocidade dos vídeos, por que não tem a opção de 1,25 ou 1,5?Esta mensagem foi traduzida usando o Google Translate.Subject:Speed for videosMessage:I'm enjoying the videos, h...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access into any courses(previous and presents) on my laptop. All it's showed on canvas is blank. What can I do to solve this problem? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher, I would like to know about the option which is present in the Canvas LMS training video but while I'm creating a course it is not appearing.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies