Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi, I want to make sure my students get their peers' comments in time to revise their drafts and submit a final draft. I also want to count "completing a peer review" towards the final grade. I realize that I have to create a "no submission assignmen...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to use the new quizzes format but I can not seem to be able to import my NGSS outcomes or Test Banks over from the older versions of quizzes.  I like the features of the new format but I have already put together a lot of banks that are a...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where do i find preceptor's evaluation form?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Canvas gradebook is it still possible to show the total grade as points? I seem to be missing that option.

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I autograde an essay question in a Graded Survey?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm currently trying to figure out what my attendance is for this school year so far, but I don't know how find attendance.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What happened to the "All Grading Periods" Feature? I allow my students to resubmit work from a previous quarter even though my organization sets the grades by quarter. I need to get back the "All Grading Periods" feature so that when the quarter cha...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add headings within a text box in an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas keeps flashing a "Failed to create new item" message when I try to create a new assignment. It's not an issue with file size because I'm not adding a file, so what is the problem here?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where can I find info and date on my next assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting an "internal error" message when trying to sync grades with the grade book. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On the new quizzes, the students can only access them under the quizzes or assignments tab. Whenever they try to access New Quizzes by clicking on it from their upcoming assignments/to do list on the homepage, it will come up and say no preview avail...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there an API call that allows you to sort if a user has logged in since a certain date? We are doing some spring cleaning and are trying to sort out current staff from staff that has transitioned. Thanks

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I delete a student's quiz score and attempt?  The student submitted without finishing the quiz.  I need to delete his attempt and score and have him retake it.

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

From a teacher:"Students have been telling me that my canvas course hides he grades of assignments, unless they individually open them. this, i understood, is not the same as hiding the average. I would like to change that, how can I do that, please?...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In student view I am seeing a big lock and "access denied" when I click on individual assignments. These are assignments that have proper dates selected and are published. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Course Progress, you can set up Canvas to automatically reduce late assignments a certain percentage for each day something is late down to a certain percentage. It's a wonderful feature. However, the late deduction does not come off of the overal...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I typed a multiple choice question under Quiz. After typing one question, I saved it. I wanted to view it but I can't. It's like I didnt type anything at all. Please help me how to view the typed question.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have question banks in both quizzes and new quizzes.   Is there a way to copy question banks from one platform to the other?   Specifically, I would like to copy the question bank from new quizzes to quizzes because of the lack of outcome interface...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Buenos días, hay algún modo de ver la sesión de formación de mañana, CAMINOS DE DOMINIO - Herramienta de Instrucción y Aprendizaje Personalizado, Diferenciado  y Adaptativo de Canva, pero no se si lo puedo ver desde otro equipo, yo accedo a canvas co...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I copy assignments from a previous course to an existing course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How Can I re arrange student order to group for different classes of students. Canvas puts them all together and in otherwords I want to keep groups of students from different semesters separate?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I use the bigbluebutton conferences option in free canvas account? I created a conference as an instructor, but it does not appear for students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are creating a new Induction course and want the homepage to be designed well (we have the images) just need to see how others have been creative with home pages. We want our new employees to feel engaged as a learner and excited to explore the In...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

To in class, we had a warm-up that was due so I was doing my assignment in class and I didn't get finish it so I didn't exit out I just left than the wifi went out and the page refresh ad when I opened the assignment again al the work that I had type...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If an instructor asks for a five page paper where the title page, abstract and reference pages don't count against the total, does that mean that the introduction, definitions and conclusion paragraph remain withing the 5 page count?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was working with a teacher yesterday and she was showing me her assignment in Canvas and how she was marking this using Speed Grader. She queried that, as there were two marks required, 1 was the formative mark and the other is the school-wide lear...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one student in my class who required time and a half for quizzes. How do assign this one particular student more time? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who keeps getting marked as "inactive" in my class. I am able to go into his profile and restore him, but he's been booted 3 times this month. Is there a way to keep this from continuing to happen?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to provide a pdf answer key for my students.  The content is copyright sensitive so I do not want to post it on my web page.  I figured I would put it on my canvas page.  I put QR codes on my work book pages or on practice tests that wou...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies