Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support.  You guys are great.I begin a new semester this coming week.I have a great Canvas curriculum planned.But, when I look at my dashboard, my course "logo" looks faded.This is happened before; however...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

my canvas dashboard of my classes won't load, how do i get it to where it will allow me to go into my classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the column widths for the Gradebook all be changed at once?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an assignment to turn in by Monday. The assignment page does not load on my laptop or on my tablet, however it does load on the app in my phone. Why might this be happening? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get to my 2019 Electronic 1098-T?  Received an email stating, "Please log in to http://www.tamuct.edu/index.php and enter your username and password for your online student account to view and print your 1098-T."  Frustrating that I could no...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are experiencing a weird anomaly in one of our courses.  The media comment videos are showing up in the Files section under the "unfiled" folder. This quickly ate up the course upload quota. In all of our other courses, the Record/Upload Media opt...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to see my course schedule and assignment information on my CCP Canvas on my laptop (Microsoft 10). I can't even enter any exams that are on the Canvas. When I tried it on my Android, I was able to see my course work, modules, and was able...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to click on the start quiz tab for my Nutrition class and nothing happens, the quiz doesn't open. I was able to do the quiz on Respondous...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access and view my last semester's submitted assignments and grades?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've downloaded assignments and supplemental documents to the assignment section and pages section in the instructor view, but the student view doesn't show these documents, nor is there a listing for pages in the menu bar.  What do I need to do?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So, for about 1.5 hrs I have been trying to figure out how to see the names of my 10 groups. Yes, I manually, manipulated the names into the groups (note: not efficient). Then, I logged onto this site and there was this really nice data set with all ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach digital imaging classes and frequently require my students to submit image files with sidecars.  The problem I am having on Canvas is the the "download all submissions" function automatically renames all the files, making the sidecar files to...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, nothing is loading on my computer regarding each of my canvas courses.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A faculty asks:"I want to set up ONE discussion forum for Module 2, but want to group my students in THREE groups giving them THREE different questions. The tricky part is, I want all their grades to appear in ONE column in Grade Center (not 3 differ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed a course. It was graded and I passed. There was no PDF attachment to the email with the certificate of completion. I do not have any proof that I did the course such as transcript or certificate or an AA number. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i have an assignment to do for my Chicano Studies class. Every time i click the PDF link it shows that it's locked. Why is locked? i already spoke to my professor and she said that the PDF isn't locked for her.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a faculty who cross-list two sections (graduate & undergrad) in one class, and she created two discussions for each section. Her question is about the grade book that she does not want to have two columns for each discussion.Is there is ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I click "move/copy question to another bank", the dialog box has a check box so I can "Keep a copy in this question bank as well".If I click "Move Multiple Questions", there is no copy option available.  The dialog box is entitled "Move/Copy Quest...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to print my transcript with grades from last semester. How do I do that?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student in college, and in a particular class I worked ahead. I did 5 Assignments that are due a month from now. They are already graded on canvas. But, I want to see what my grade would be if I did NOT work ahead. So my goal is making the gra...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the status of a person in CANVAS from student to participant? A student in my class has decided (and has received permission) to drop the class as a student but wishes to continue to audit the course.  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you hide the percentages?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I want to download the contact emails for all of the students in my class so that I can add them to a group for access to a specific Google Doc. Where can I find the email addresses, and is there an easy way to download the email addresses for th...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I copied a 2-week course that I created last semester.  This semester, I copied the course into a new shell and then I added modules 11-20, but when I click on the class I do not see the new modules (11-20).  If I click modules then I am able to see ...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have read some past postings on Best Practices for subaccounts and managing LMS permissions.  I thought I might post again a question about how other schools are managing permissions.Our school requires all faculty to use the Canvas Gradebook and S...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to download the transcript from a video that the instructor posted. On the video it says to To download a transcript of this video, click "CC" and then the download arrow.However, when I click on the "CC", it refers to captions and subtitl...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I added extra time to a student's quiz using the moderate this quiz feature and added 30 minutes but it shows up as a grade of 0 which is confusing, since the quiz isn't openb yet and no one has taken it. Did I do something wrong? Why is the grade sh...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My instructor says that there is a link to take the survey but on my end there is no link and is not letting me click on the "take the survey" button. I have emailed here the problem and she said to ask for help here. I do not know what is going on. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to change "Notification" on Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies