Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I hide the average class score for graded assignments?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am submitting an assignment by using a text entry box.  How do I indent the first line of each paragraph to meet the instructor's indent requirement?  I have not been successful in completing this task and have tried everything.  Thank you for your...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can i find my e-book for mt art class?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Have confirmed that my chrome version is Version 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit), but still get the not compatible message.Any idea? Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the NEW Rich Content Editor. Is there a way to disable inline previews for a YouTube video? I know how to do it with the old RCE, but when I click to modify the link with the new RCE, I don't see the "Disable inline preview" checkbox.Sorry ...

• 17 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How can I remove the download button or option to download from modules/assignments/pages and so forth?

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do i build a histogram in Lean Six Sigma Green belt class?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When conducting a quiz on Canvas, is it possible to prevent students from switching to different tab or window on browsers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I a Teacher who is also a Student in a professional development course using Canvas. Any way to separate Notifications so that I may manage the Notifications I would like to receive as a Student (in my professional development course) and the Notific...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do i email my professor? Where do I find his email address? There does not seem to be a tab on the cabrillo webpage. ...thanks in advance....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In How do I create a question bank in an account? , Canvas says:"You can create questions banks for your institution or subaccount. Question banks are quiz question repositories that admins and instructors can access when creating a quiz. They make i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I attach a picture into a discussion? A picture that is not on the internet but that is on my computer?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas icon is showing next to my course name.  However, when I click on the icon, a page pops up that says:Woops...Looks like nothing is here!We couldn't find that page!PAGE NOT FOUNDCan you help me?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

All my classes from the previous semester (Fall 2019) are still on my main page.  In the past, they have gone away automatically when the new semester starts but not this time.  How do I make them go away so I just have my current courses there?  Tha...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, Could you tell me if I would be able to restore my students' video submissions (and my comments and grades) on Canvas?I deleted my original due date (assigned all) when I added a new due date for students. I should have not done that as I now ...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I've followed the Canvas guide for configuring Azure (SAML) and Canvas Authentication. When I attempt to log in using my O365 credentials, I receive error "AADSTS650056: Misconfigured Application" with 3 possible causes: Client hasn't listed permissi...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

If you fail a unit test do you have to start over the course?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to enroll in the sing Pictures to Engage: A Guide to Creating Infographics -- SPRING 2020 course and every time I click enroll it gives me an error message. Please help. 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a graded survey I would like students to take 12 times over the course of the term.I know I can essentially "copy and paste" the ungraded survey into the course 12 times  but the most elegant (easiest!) way would be to allow the student to tak...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a teacher who made an assignment that isn't due for another week. It's set to be submitted online as a text entry or a file upload. As soon as she posted the assignment, it automatically entered 0's in the gradebook for every student. In her g...

• 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello.I am supposed to do a video discussion post for my class. I do not seem to have a camera on my computer and am also unable to view classmates video posts. What can I do?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to select all the question in the Move/Copy feature of the Question Bank.  Canvas only seems to allow the individual selection of questions in Move/Copy.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know much about the respondus lockdown browser and the test log that you can use via Canvas? I am concerned that a parent is accessing my tests take on lockdown. I noticed on the log that the test will say session started and then about 3...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know the class average, as well as high and low scores on an assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I have a student that claims is unable to login to Canvas from a computer but has no issue logging in with their phone.  As I was trying to troubleshoot the issues she sends me an email that says they can now login with their tablet bu...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I submit an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does my student's submission show as an attachment? I want to view it in the gradebook preview so that I can use the Canvas tools for feedback. 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to make the closed captioning font size larger on videos? The text runs across the top of the video and is very small. This makes it hard for those who need the captions to understand and participate, especially when the video is sho...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies