Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a student who cannot see their second semester math courses in Canvas?His settings are correct.What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-14-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm using the canvas-data-sdk to download canvas data.  When I download data from various dumps via```canvas-data -c config.yml unpack-dump-files```I don't ever see the "requests" table.  Is this table not part of the daily dump?  How do I go abou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm using the canvas-data-sdk package to download Canvas data via its API in Python.  I've been using the following commands:```canvas-data -c config.yml list-dumps # lists the daily dumpscanvas-data -c config.yml unpack-dump-files # download the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I use the syllabus feature? Why can't I just upload my syllabus under "syllabus"?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

students say they have not received any of my emails or announcements. how do I fix this? how do I publish a class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the bigbluebutton to join a chat?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have to take an orientation quiz with 10 questions/1st orientation module. When I look at those questions I don`t know answers on many of them I understand I miss information somewhere but I dont know where to look up for that info. I am lost and c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students can't see their course even though I have the dates correct and have a green published check showing published.  Please advise.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that when I enrolled in the class her name shows as her email address instead of the students actual name. This messes up the grade book. how do I fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I need to adjust anything in my settings on my MAC computer in order to view all the course content in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Taking course online and overseas, could the internet network I am on in South Korea be preventing me from viewing items in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

why does student view of assignments have a different order than instructor view?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My organization makes external pages to supplement online courses on canvas. We are thinking of making an LTI to inject these static sites into the courses and be able to pass back a grade for completion. That would be an average of 8 static sites pe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,my Canvas calendar feed into Google Calendar displays correctly, but any subsequent update (say, due date of an assignment) does NOT update on Google. i've tried more than one browser, computer, cleared cache (none of these ought to be an issue...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-28-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can i enroll into a course or get registered for a course. in my ladok account, my course is coming as upcoming but not letting me select or register it. in my canvas account, it says not courses registered yet. I have attached screen shot for yo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My courses are not visible in the Dashboard? please help 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need help with my Meet the Instructor page (on the home page), It shows my photo and mini bio, But my photo doesn't show on the student's view when they click to meet the instructor, ???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When will the schedule pop up in canvas for returning students, or will we have to do the canvas student resources again? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a Quizlet link from a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have logged into my canvas ,Trying to read my syllabus for the class that I was supposed to be able to access on 1/11/2020 and I have not been able to access it .I did select course then all courses and the class showing up black and not blue.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble submitting assignments for class. My school is new to canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I insert a picture into the canvas discussion board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My students have said that my course is not published and accessible to them.  Here is a screenshot showing that "Published" is checked and green.  I am wondering if there is a step I am missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello my name is Veronica. Please advise why when I'm login on my macbook pro I am unable to see the option on the right however when I use my husband laptop pc the option are listed.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My LMS (Cengage) Link inclusive access link has suddenly become invisible in the student view.I did not hide it. I checked my view (it shows) and made sure that I somehow didn't mess with it in settingswhile sleepwalking or otherwise under the influe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Pearson myLab issues. I can't access the myLab on canvas. I have tried coordinating with Pearson support, but they can't help. I just want to purchase codes, access it, and start my class. But I can't access anything on myLab 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've already entered some grades into my assignments in "all grading periods" and really need them moved to "semester 1"  How can I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies