Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

A teacher at my school recorded himself using the Canvas recording feature in the RCE and uploaded it to Canvas.  The video (which was literally just him lecturing) was close to 22 minutes long, however the size of the file itself was approximately 4...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a Canvas rookie and my school is going virtual starting tomorrow.  I took a selfie in my work area at home and I want my students to do the same as their first check in assignment (I'm a student support teacher).  How do you insert a photo?  It l...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello All, I am so new at this considering this is my first class. For the Fast Facts Discussion assignment I was told to find a sub-topic with my peers but I am not sure how to join a group. I'd appreciate it if someone could please assist me. Thank...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello All, I am barely starting my first class so I am very new at this. To complete the Fast Facts Discussion assignment I was told I need to find a sub-topic with my peers but I'm not sure how to join the specific group needed for this assignment. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot submit a paper. Not sure why:/

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my file but I now need to know how I go about finding and gaining the dropbox accessibility... Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you import a quiz from one course to another?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear educators,As I have to change the way I do on-site exams and switch to online exams due to the corona virus, I try to deliver part of the exam as file upload questions providing students with a 4-day time period to submit. I plan to deliver the ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I use Zoom to have an interactive seminare with 28 students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Speech. How do my students give their speeches on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I use a drawing pad to draw on the whiteboard in Collaborate Ultra?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, Any speech therapists using Canvas? If so, how well does it work for remote learning?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz with a 60 minute time limit, and I want students to be able to access the quiz on a certain day from 3:30 to 6:50. If a student starts the quiz at 6:45, will they still have 60 minutes? Or do I need to set availability to 7:50 and tell ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to set up a small classroom (10 students + 1 instructor) on Canvas for video conferencing. Was told that Google Meet/Hangouts was available to link on Canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a dual class of Acting I and II that will need to meet synchronously online. How do I combine the two classes in one conference?In earnest,Dr. Tony E. MedlinProfessor of Theatre ArtsBaton Rouge Community Collegemedlint@mybrcc.eduwshkspr@hotmai...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the easiest way to present a powerpoint presentation with an audio? I want to present asynchronously my power points as close to an in class lecture. I have never made my own video.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I can email individual students no problem but where do I go to email the entire class at once?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access and reply to posts of other students on the discussion forum?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, just wondering if I am able to add Edpuzzle as an app to my free teacher account? I cannot seem to get the codes needed to do this as I do not have a valid link without a school  account. If this can't happen - what other ways can I use to ensure...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am working with the Canvas API to populate Canvas courses with data from a different LMS. We have been able to create the course, populate the membership, and pull in assignments.Where I'm stuck is in pushing over grade data. I am doing this by cre...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How can i give students online multiple choice questions ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've probably just missed this, but... When making a question in the 'multiple dropdown' format, is there a way to make sure the correct answer is not always the first one in the list of possible answer choices? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey - I am in the process of compiling my online final and I would like to structure it as a series of topic related quizzes each with their own time limit.  My question  - Is there a way to organize separate quizzes in a series so that the next in t...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A teacher of mine had this question.  My initial thought was to add a section to the class and modify the settings that way.  Thoughts?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Like many instructors, I'm trying to get the last 6 lectures of my spring class online in a hurry, with minimal previous experience. I have lots of PowerPoint slideshows, already loaded onto my Canvas page, but now I need to record my lectures too. I...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you record the lecture for students to look at on their own time?How do you invite students to a lecture?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does "GROUP QUESTION" button do under GQUIZ?  How is it different from QUIZ?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add more columns in the grade >

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone!All the professors in the university I am working on are asked to teach remotely from next Monday because of the recent federal policy change and they have been trying out the Canvas Conferences last two days. Since Friday (13/3), afte...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies