Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm taking course work for the superintendent program this semester.  I was asked to complete the orientation prior classes beginning on Jan. 13 however, when I get to the module page and I click module, nothing happens.  What am I missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once a student submits an assignment, can they re-submit it if it hasn't been graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i find out my username and password to long in to my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a course from my dashboard?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What if the video will not play?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Issue: Canvas applies a "max-width" attribute to an image shrinking an image to a width of 100 pixels.This issue is very inconsistent but confirmed in the HTML inspector on Google Chrome (F12). When I attempt to manually override this attribute with ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good Afternoon,I am unable to access the e-text, and have payed for the service. Pleas help me access it.Thank you for your time,Vasti A. Montero

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download assignment to word so I can edit

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to replicate the function of SmartAmp in our curriculum - providing a free flowing whiteboard space that a specified group of students can use as their assignment submission. That way, all students can contribute, and the finished Jam woul...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm on Week one --DRAFTING YOUR LEARNING NARRATIVE INTRODUCTION--I am unclear if it is to be SPECIFIC intro regarding the target course I am seeking credits from --or a more general one to...practice the format and be assessed.anyone know the possibl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I embed a pic into my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to export a CANVAS course into a new CANVAS shell course. It keeps failing and says that it's an unsupported package. I don't get it because I'm exporting as a CANVAS course copy and then trying to import as a CANVAS copy. Any help would b...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view previous classes taught?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When can I star my courses? When I attempt to star, a message pops up stating that they can't be added at this time. Is that due to courses not starting until Monday? Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have imported my class from an earlier year to the Spring 2020 session.How do I ensure that students cannot see the course while I am updating it? I find the publish/unpublish sign confusing.Is there a simple way to change dates than going through ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why does it say  "recipients invalid" when I try to sent an email from the inbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

THERE WAS A MESSAGE ON CANVAS IF MY CLASSES WERE NOT SHOWING UP, TO DOWN LOAD SOMETHING. MY MESSAGE IS GONE. CAN YOU SEND ME THINK LINK TO DOWN LOAD & INSTRUCTIONS?THANKS

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to upload my dissertation but it is not allowing me to submit. It says 'Excused' by the submission button. What does this mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create a new music appreciation course. I am just bored with mine. Would anyone be willing to share their so I could get inspiration?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to change the titles of grade status? I know how to change the colors, but would like something different besides dropped or excused. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I access previous semester's courses?How do I copy material from a previous semester to my current semester?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I look on my profile I do not see any enrollments from the New Student Orientation Graduation or the last class that I have completed.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

gg

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working on grading. When I select the Grades tab, nothing pops up. The circle keeps spinning. I am able to access the rest of canvas but not grades.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to I import assignments from another semester to this semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download Canvas on my Windows 10 Laptop.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-13-2021 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

writing canvas quiz

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiIs it possible to duplicate an item bank? Since item banks belong to teachers, there are times that I don't want to share a bank in which a teacher might delete questions or modify the items. Instead, it would be nice to duplicate the bank and shar...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I size an image for the course card on the dash board?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,My students will be working in groups the entire semester producing multimedia content for 20 separate sections of a digital manual. I currently have the Canvas modules identified by the week in which I will be explaining the needed deliver...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies