Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

This semester I noticed a change to the discussion forums for both of the classes that I'm enrolled in. After 3-4 lines of text, it truncates the rest of the post and leaves a "Read More" link for every single post. I really do not want to have to go...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to get onto Canvas on my labtop. I can log in on my phone but when I input the same information for my laptop it says invalid username or password. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

whenever I open canvas and goes to the dashboard none of my classes are shown and whenever I go to courses and I click on one of my classes and try to start one of my assignments it would not let me start it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my canvas, its not showing my courses that i need to have so i am unable to get my notes from one of my courses which i need by tomorrow.It says that i either have to join a class or something but why? Can anyone help quickly please? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am having trouble seeing the modules. The course says, "published." Whichever link I click on, in the Modules section, nothing happens. Thank you Erica Mastricola 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love using the delay postings feature within Canvas Announcements. While I can create multiple, separate announcements or copies of previous announcements and simply delay these posts... I do sometimes wish I could have the option for multiple dela...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I clicked on Modules to view Course Overview and Week 1 Roadmap but there is nothing shown on the page... What should I do?Please adviseThanksEmma

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have typed my simple syllabus and submitted it. Now, I would like to know how to bring it to my syllabus page. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I receive a notification when I send announcements to my students? How do I know that the students have received the announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I see the textbooks for this spring semester for each of my classes? I need to know the book/s for each class. I might get them in amazon so I need to know the name of the book and see the front cover.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a returning student. I noticed that when I try to log into canvas to check for class information for upcoming classes, I keep getting the page that ask me to update my browser... I believe that my Windows 10 browser is up to date. Please he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share a module with another teacher in my building?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally imported an entire course rather than just an assignment.  Is there any way to undo this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to add assignments into my canvas courses (both semester courses linked as a full year course) and it's saying cannot add assignments after course end date. How do I fix this?Thanks,Jenn Whitmore

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Question regarding the functionality of the names and role provisioning services.If a student who is already a member of a school / class in an LTI 1.3 integrated environment moves to a different school (same district) during the school year, does th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Can you help me figure out how to add my syllabus on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All! I'm uploading a SCORM package as assignment, and marking it as an ungraded assignment. But when I add it to the module, it automatically comes up as a graded assignment with 0 pts. I' afraid the "0 pts" will confuse students. Is there a way t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 17 Replies

When using the Scheduling tool, will the instructor/appointment holder be notified once a student signs up for an appointment? For example, if a student signs up to meet tomorrow at 4:45PM will the instructor receive a notification via email or at al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor setting up courses for the new semester.  I accidentally deleted a completed course from last semester.  Can I restore it and if so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I retrieve feedback from assignments that have been graded

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally clicked the "x" button on an assignment created for a course on my To-Do list on the right-hand side of my home page (Student, desktop view). How do I undo this action to put the assignment back into To-Do? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the free version of Canvas. How would I add a course as a student, or view a course added by an Instructor. I'm new to this and I'm not completely sure how this works yet.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community,I wonder if anyone here could give me a quick answer here - Can a general discussion board, e.g. Q&A of the course be accessed by different student groups within the course, which means students can not only access their own group discus...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I click on tabs on my canvas and nothing is showing up, I feel like something is blocked on my Mac so I can't access anything. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a new course for spring, however even though all dates were updated, old dates are still showing under the course syllabus section?  How do I go about getting rid of these?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the style sheet deprecated (Canvas LMS) how are individual teachers adding styles to their documents?  I read a post where we can use H5P to add interactive items but it costs a lot of money.  Do we get a free account if we use Canvas on a corpo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I have logged into my canvas, I can not find where to complete the spring 2020 online oreintation. Can you please be specific as to where it is located?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a group I do not need.  How do I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an external provider of content who gives us content based on our server domain (links from our server go to the content and not a paywall).  Basically, our content provider will allow our students access to the 'Toolkit' content we buy  if s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to start the On-boarding Quiz for my CS-6035-O01https://gatech.instructure.com/courses/106056 course. When I request my Access Code I get a "page not found massage". I need to get this code to do the quiz.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies