Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was reviewing a teacher's course materials and came across a PowerPoint she uploaded that was displayed by the document viewer. Some of the slides feature an unusual artifact in having the drop-shadow of the PPT text being displaced from the actual...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all,We built an LTI which in turn uses OAuth to get the currently logged in user's info.  We use this user's OAuth access and refresh tokens to pull info about the user from the /api/v1/users/self/profile endpoint.  Our clients are requesting u...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do students access TurningPoint in a course?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Following the instructions for exporting from Blackboard/importing course content to Canvas; got to clicking on Import Course Content; why don't I see a "Content Type dropdown" as stated in the instructions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students who created an account and the next day they were not able to sign into the account.  Any suggestions of ways to prevent this from happening?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I determine which students have NOT answered an anonymous quiz/survey?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am working to create a question bank for department wide common assessment questions.  My colleagues and I teach our units/concepts at different times throughout the year.  How can we share the question bank so these questions can be used when they...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the new Canvas gradebook give the instructor the ability to completely suppress selected columns from the student view? It seems the existing gradebook does not. I've created an assignment group that holds all of my non-graded assignments but, d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Can I share a rubric with a partner teacher?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How type an answer in scientific notation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Previously announcements included a "Posted on" date to the right on the main announcement page. Now there is no "Posted on" date. I tried signing on with different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) - all have the same display (no "posted on:" dates o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Previously announcements included a "Posted on" date to the right on the main announcement page. Now there is no "Posted on" date. I tried signing on with different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) - all have the same display (no "posted on:" dates o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I do not see any of my work saved in the "Writer's Corner". Are there issues with the site? Also some of my assignments I completed have not been graded. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My use case is that I need to create an LTI app which would fetch the score from an external platform. The launch URL in the LTI app would be the API endpoint to fetch score. The API Endpoint is provided with an x-api-keyMy problem is that how do I a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,Wondering if I can import Quiz Question into a Question Bank, but the question bank will be at the account level, not in the course level. What I need is to take Questions from the course into a Question Bank at the account.#question banks‌ #a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I have changed the title of a question in a quiz to "2.1", but still shows as "Question 2"!?This is my title:This is what it looks like in Preview:And when I go back to editing the quiz, it still says "2.1".Thanks in advanceJeppe

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hejsan !Jag vill återta ett meddelande.Skickade till hela klassen, och klicket för individuella meddelanden tog inte i en av årskurserna.Så-jag vill återta det meddelandet.Har nu klickat runt i canvas men det finns ingen knapp för att återta/återkall...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to find the answer in Canvas, but I don't think I am using the correct search terms.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have completed the course Teaching citizenship. But a red dash insie a circle is appearing in the last module alone. What does that mean? In the feedback there is a green tick showing "course completion". I don't know what is the issue. Please expl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.I have enabled pop up window but when I click on the link it does not open. What can I do to correct it?'Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New - now when any of my youtube video lectures end, they show a bunch of end cards (popup) seeking to redirect students to other videos unrelated to the course.  I have enough problems trying to keep students on track without youtube trying to grab ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I'm new here, I have registered to 3 subjects but only 1 is showing/published, do I need to do something about it? I'm just really anxious because the class is about to start and I feel like my stuff is all over the place, I'm not sure what to do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to see or reply to group discussions on Canvas/

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I upload a quiz into Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get into Vid Grid to send a message?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add greek letters (alpha, beta, etc) in canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor in the process of updating course content modules, and appear to have lost an entire page of a course Module. The Revision History I can find by clicking that icon shows a blank page and the unpublished version of the page is also ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!One of my colleagues accidentally changed the submission type on one of her assignments from external tool to online submission after she had already graded 60 papers in Feedback Studio.  When she set the assignment back to external tool, she d...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

What is the difference between a pinned discussion and other discussions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies