Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

it is not letting me see any information on the course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to copy and paste a schedule in Calendar or does one have to fill out every event separately and tediously?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are using organizational pages with Canvas for some non-credit courses. Is there a way to put a link to a page/assignment in another organizational course? Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I get the login info for the my.hrw.com for Spanish 2?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I email students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to install attendance

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am seeing double Mastering Anatomy and Physiology Homework assignments in my Canvas grade book, but not my Mastering Anatomy and Physiology gradebook. I am wondering how to fix that. The grade book is set to sync and syncs into one assignment in Ca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to add a rubric to an existing published assignment however the +rubric option is missing. Students have already submitted the task (in December). Is there a way to add a marking rubric at this stage rather than when the assignment was in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What is the join code?I tried to get a canvas student account. On the sign up step, ıt asks me a "join code".How can ı get a join code, what is it? I'm about to get crazy........

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I set the assignment due date and time, canvas displays local time and course time which disturbs me. How can I get rid of that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing a discussion for our community. As a team of people own the material, I don't want my name to appear as the author. Can I opt to hide it somehow? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does the notation "Not visible in student files" and I do I make it visible?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The DocViewer toolbar for Speedgrader is not showing up in my updated Canvas. It worked fine last quarter but has now disappeared. See attached photo. How do I annotate student files?  Lane 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Right now I have my instructor's ELMS page (I'm the Teacher Assistant) set up to automatically apply a deduction to late submissions.He has asked me to disable this for a few assignments. Is there a way to turn this feature off for certain assignment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been happening since last semester to me. Everytime I click on any file it does not load in my browser. Same thing with FireFox and they are both up to date. I have a Surface Book so I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it. It works pe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not able to find any information about homework, quizzes, and rubrics that I need to do homework.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have lodged multiple 'tickets' ranging from 'i can work around it' to 'critical emergency' and have had no response. Currently changes i am making to courses are not being saved overnight. i need help immediately. Thanks,Emily

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It is only showing the syllabus portion of the class on my computer, but on my phone I am able to see all everything. Is there a fix to this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who keep getting access denied in their attempt to access course material.  I my end it says her acceptance is pending and she is green.  What am I doing wrong?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I unsubscribe from email notifications? I already have push notifications set up and don’t need anything to go to my email. I have tried unsubscribing by clicking the link on my email as well as updating notification settings in the app. The i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've written a script to generate and download reports for all quizzes in a course, but it turns out that reports generated this way do not include the sis_id for the students.  If the report is generated manually, this appears as the third column, b...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the schedule for summer and fall semesters, 2020?  Is there somewhere online that I can see that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have the students submit more than 1 TEXT submission to the same assignment?I am wanting to have the students submit a journal each day and be able to see "Sam" uploaded 27 journal text entries during a specific date frame. If not, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've looked through the documentation and discussions, but I'm not finding a good answer.I created a grading rubric intended for the TA's, but it's showing up in the student view.   It nicely shows up in speed grader, which is the intent.  And, that'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There are good answers for importing a rubric from excel, but is there any way to do the reverse?Cutting and pasting from my browser is something I'm trying to avoid.Thanks.   MikePS: I apologize if this is a duplicate post - I did try to find it...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I've been having some problems with accessing homework on Canvas. The course modules tab says that there are two quizzes and readings due by the next class, however, I cannot open the quizzes or the course readings. I tried clicking on the "tak...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My text box on my canvas will not pop up when trying to submit an assignment...why wont it pop up??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed that students with an Excused grade for an assignment still have it pop up in their calendar and To Do list. Is there a setting where this can be changed? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas wont let me post a video to a discussion board.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im enrolled to an online spanish class but it won't show on canva

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies