Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Greetings!I'm one of two LMS admins at a brand new Canvas school, and one of our first instructors set up her quiz for the wrong number of points. After some students took the quiz, she changed the point value of all questions in the group from 10 to...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This semester I noticed a change to the discussion forums for both of the classes that I'm enrolled in. After 3-4 lines of text, it truncates the rest of the post and leaves a "Read More" link for every single post. I really do not want to have to go...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to get onto Canvas on my labtop. I can log in on my phone but when I input the same information for my laptop it says invalid username or password. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

whenever I open canvas and goes to the dashboard none of my classes are shown and whenever I go to courses and I click on one of my classes and try to start one of my assignments it would not let me start it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my canvas, its not showing my courses that i need to have so i am unable to get my notes from one of my courses which i need by tomorrow.It says that i either have to join a class or something but why? Can anyone help quickly please? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am having trouble seeing the modules. The course says, "published." Whichever link I click on, in the Modules section, nothing happens. Thank you Erica Mastricola 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I love using the delay postings feature within Canvas Announcements. While I can create multiple, separate announcements or copies of previous announcements and simply delay these posts... I do sometimes wish I could have the option for multiple dela...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-08-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I clicked on Modules to view Course Overview and Week 1 Roadmap but there is nothing shown on the page... What should I do?Please adviseThanksEmma

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have typed my simple syllabus and submitted it. Now, I would like to know how to bring it to my syllabus page. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I receive a notification when I send announcements to my students? How do I know that the students have received the announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I see the textbooks for this spring semester for each of my classes? I need to know the book/s for each class. I might get them in amazon so I need to know the name of the book and see the front cover.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a returning student. I noticed that when I try to log into canvas to check for class information for upcoming classes, I keep getting the page that ask me to update my browser... I believe that my Windows 10 browser is up to date. Please he...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I share a module with another teacher in my building?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally imported an entire course rather than just an assignment.  Is there any way to undo this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to add assignments into my canvas courses (both semester courses linked as a full year course) and it's saying cannot add assignments after course end date. How do I fix this?Thanks,Jenn Whitmore

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Question regarding the functionality of the names and role provisioning services.If a student who is already a member of a school / class in an LTI 1.3 integrated environment moves to a different school (same district) during the school year, does th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Can you help me figure out how to add my syllabus on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All! I'm uploading a SCORM package as assignment, and marking it as an ungraded assignment. But when I add it to the module, it automatically comes up as a graded assignment with 0 pts. I' afraid the "0 pts" will confuse students. Is there a way t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 17 Replies

When using the Scheduling tool, will the instructor/appointment holder be notified once a student signs up for an appointment? For example, if a student signs up to meet tomorrow at 4:45PM will the instructor receive a notification via email or at al...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor setting up courses for the new semester.  I accidentally deleted a completed course from last semester.  Can I restore it and if so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I retrieve feedback from assignments that have been graded

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally clicked the "x" button on an assignment created for a course on my To-Do list on the right-hand side of my home page (Student, desktop view). How do I undo this action to put the assignment back into To-Do? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using the free version of Canvas. How would I add a course as a student, or view a course added by an Instructor. I'm new to this and I'm not completely sure how this works yet.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community,I wonder if anyone here could give me a quick answer here - Can a general discussion board, e.g. Q&A of the course be accessed by different student groups within the course, which means students can not only access their own group discus...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I click on tabs on my canvas and nothing is showing up, I feel like something is blocked on my Mac so I can't access anything. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a new course for spring, however even though all dates were updated, old dates are still showing under the course syllabus section?  How do I go about getting rid of these?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With the style sheet deprecated (Canvas LMS) how are individual teachers adding styles to their documents?  I read a post where we can use H5P to add interactive items but it costs a lot of money.  Do we get a free account if we use Canvas on a corpo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I have logged into my canvas, I can not find where to complete the spring 2020 online oreintation. Can you please be specific as to where it is located?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I made a group I do not need.  How do I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have an external provider of content who gives us content based on our server domain (links from our server go to the content and not a paywall).  Basically, our content provider will allow our students access to the 'Toolkit' content we buy  if s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies