Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

One of my students can't see my course anywhere (Dashboard, All Courses, Etc) but she can see my assignments on her "To-Do" list. How can we fix this? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I stop Canvas from pushing emails and notifications to my University email?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-07-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school is interested in using either PearDeck or NearPod. In researching which would be better for teachers and students, I thought the Canvas Community could share some insight on pros and cons. Our school serves students in K-12th grades. We are...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-30-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Can you unpublish an entire course that you used last semester so that students cannot access it anymore?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I see with the new gradebook , we have the option to automatically assign a late penalty to assignments. However, it seems that we can only assign one deduction of let's say, 10%/day. Is there a way to apply deductions on a scale; for example: Day 1 ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm investigating New Analytics in our Beta environment prior to enabling in production and have spotted some inconsistencies in the All Resources views/participations via the Message students who... functionality.When I click on the Message students...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Video is not on module for me to watch?Do I need to install something?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My instructor account does not have the assignments showing up in my or student calenders.  How do I get them to show?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I find how to do APA for journal article obtained from Chamberlain online library?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My teacher is allowing me to makeup exams that i missed from the previous semester, but the course isn't showing up at all.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I cannot post any comments in the discussion section. There is no such option. Also, I cannot see anyone posting anything there. I was recently enrolled into the course while other students were all connected earlier. Also, there are no instruc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the image in the dashboard for a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-06-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I go or find the online resources to watch the video(s) when prompted to?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm creating a math quiz and can get equations and math symbols in the body of the question, but I can't figure out how to put equations or math symbols in the answer choices, using fill in the blank question.  I was trying to put in the infinity sym...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone know if Canvas has a function that allows students a "free pass" for turning an assignment in late without being penalized? (I can easily imagine how to do this manually--by keeping track of the first late assignment for each student, but...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently using google chrome, I already tried the troubleshooting it stated under the other question about magnified, my zoom is regular and I already cleared out the cache, browsing history etc. I also tried in another browser and it still sho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

on the home page, the calendar shows upcoming events/assignment due dates. How long out does the calendar look for upcoming activities or assignments and can this be adjusted to look further out for reporting upcoming work?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I no longer have access to my courses from last semester. How do I get this access back or get my grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, After clicking the links in each module, nothing has loaded. I cannot see anything. I have brought this issue up to Canvas Admin (Beverley  Riddell) and she cannot replicate the issue while "masquerading" as me. She is able to see the modules ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i can't find my class anywhere

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My name is Wesley Crowe and I am a Junior Year student at Western Washington University. I logged into canvas to figure out if I have any stuff I need to get done before courses start, and I found that I am currently enrolled in the wrong course and ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not seeing a class that I registered for on Canvas. The class is Psych 60. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, i enrolled into 4 courses that last semester showed up when I went to the “my courses” tab and I saw all four. I still am taking those classes but when I logged onto canvas they aren’t in the course tab anymore. Is it because it says it’s not pub...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Greetings!I'm one of two LMS admins at a brand new Canvas school, and one of our first instructors set up her quiz for the wrong number of points. After some students took the quiz, she changed the point value of all questions in the group from 10 to...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This semester I noticed a change to the discussion forums for both of the classes that I'm enrolled in. After 3-4 lines of text, it truncates the rest of the post and leaves a "Read More" link for every single post. I really do not want to have to go...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am trying to get onto Canvas on my labtop. I can log in on my phone but when I input the same information for my laptop it says invalid username or password. Please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

whenever I open canvas and goes to the dashboard none of my classes are shown and whenever I go to courses and I click on one of my classes and try to start one of my assignments it would not let me start it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my canvas, its not showing my courses that i need to have so i am unable to get my notes from one of my courses which i need by tomorrow.It says that i either have to join a class or something but why? Can anyone help quickly please? Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am having trouble seeing the modules. The course says, "published." Whichever link I click on, in the Modules section, nothing happens. Thank you Erica Mastricola 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies