Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello! Is it possible to 'force password change' when learners log in for the first time? (I know how to change passwords as both a teacher and user.) 

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a discussion that 5 people can talk in but the entire group can see it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added a weekly participation score.  I have entered in all of the scores and even when there is a score it is showing up as a missing assignment on the student end.  How can I fix this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I print my 1098-T form? From 2019?Olivia Osterbrink

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't figure out how to enter it

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Moodle, my students were able to flagged questions that were graded incorrectly and I was able to make a final decision on the grade. These flags would appear when opening the graded item from the gradebook and I could view all the items for the e...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to annotate a PDF file in an assignment from Browser in a PC as submit?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am taking the upcoming selection test, this Saturday, for Psychology. The problem is that my Modules won't open anymore and this way I can't prepare myself for the test. It would be great if I could get a quick response. Thank you in advance, D...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I edit/proof students' entries on Db just like I would in an assignment that they turn in?  My expectations for Db entries are high and it would be helpful for me to show them what they are doing wrong- or right!thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I get Canvas to let a student retake a quiz that ended prematurely?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I open MyEnglishLab in my Canvas class?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, when I want to move a question in a quizz and want to use the "move" option vs. the "drag" option, when I go to "move" and see the list of question, none of them have a question number so how am I supposed to indicate which question I want to mov...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I try to switch to another section in Speedgrader, this is what I get. The down arrow next to "Show all sections" just shows one section; there is no option to switch. Also, no student work is displayed, only the message shown in pink. What the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can't take any quizzes, won't let me click on anything, and my courses don't show.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Mastery Paths or conditional access for 4 streams ?I'm creating a course on communications styles, which include 4 options:DominantInfluencerConscientiousSteadyI have different content aligned to each of these modules.When I setup Mastery Paths and u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My instructor posted a lot of repeating events to the course calendar and since I did not create the event, I cannot delete them. Is there any way I can delete or hide these events from my calendar?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Increasing visibility and access to comments and annotationsI like to use the annotated comments feature when marking students documents.  I type in quick corrections, strike out words, and leave longer comments that show up in the margin of the docu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student in a class to which I have been assigned into a group.  I am supposed to email my fellow group members but cannot figure out how to do it.  Is there a button somewhere in the "groups."?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using chrome and even tried on internet explorer to see if it was just a chrome issue or not, but this issue is showing up on both the different browsers. I've tried a couple different things that were listed here to try and fix the issue but not...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I submit an assignment for review.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I have students submit word documents and .ai files?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I create a question in the new Quizzes with multiple drop down options or to fill in multiple blanks?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make student identities truly hidden in SpeedGrader, not just assigned a regular number that I eventually leanr to associate with the student? I posted this question last year when I noticed student names were consistently changed to the sam...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to see the content from previous courses. How can I do that? Is there a way to request it from my university if all courses (previous courses) are not listed under the courses tab?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I export a Canvas quiz to Word?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I edit a rubric in canvas?Is there a way to make it look like this..dogcatfishas opposed to this...dog,cat,fish

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My 5th grade team collaborates on student work in reading. We created different Google slide shows and house them in a team drive in our Google accounts. When trying to add those to the Canvas course, however, we cannot see or access the "Shared Driv...

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Am I going mad...?Assignments created with a SIS ID by API can be deleted by a teacher on the course? Shouldn't things that have been given a unique ID by an institution's Student Information System be protected from deletion by anything other than a...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can observers see a students emails/messages?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I accidentally deleted an assignment is there a way I can bring it back with the grades

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies