Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I transfer files for the same course semester to semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-03-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It h...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a number of quizzes which draw a selection of questions randomly from question banks. If I want to edit them I can get a full display for each questions with the options and correct answers. However for some of my question banks the check box ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Up until this evening, I had a chat function on my canvas account.  I wrote to my class and advised them all to introduce themselves on chat.  I returned tonight to find that the chat function was was missing from my canvas.  I have searched througho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems to me that I used to be able to re-set the dashboard view for all users, back to using the Course Cards.For some reason I cannot locate that setting now.  Any idea where it is located?Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Wondering if I can use Canvas as a simple tracker for student progress through a syllabus? Although I would like the students to be able to view their status and progress, I don't require them to complete anything. Rather, as they complete a particul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

every time I try to go to my canvas page for my classes it says I need to allow cookies to be used to open it but my computer says that my cookies are open and can be used but it still doesn't let me get to and load my classes. I really need help bef...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to set up progressive tests?  I have semi-weekly quizzes that all add up to one category grade.\These are mini quizzes.  Quiz one 10 points, quiz 2 10 points, etc.  All adding up to 100 points total.Rather than treating each little qui...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The Canvas Administrator made certain sections (files, announcements, quizzes, etc) visible to teachers but not students.  I would like to make these sections visible to students. How do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I send a group email to the students enrolled in a course I am teaching?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

STILL NOT ABLE TO VIEW COURSE ON CANVAS? ENROLLED.COURSE SCHDEULED TO BEGIN TODAY??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add students to my course. However, "Student" is not listed as one of the roles in the add users window (see attached image). Does anyone know how to add the "Student" role to the options?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ho do I delete a course in MyLab and Mastering that I copied from a previous course?The dates are off and I'd like to adjust the dates for the Spring 2020 semester.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can I print a hard copy of a quiz I created online

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support.  You guys are great.Today, I seek to upload quizzes into Canvas that I have stored in a Blackboard file.For your convenience, I'm attaching three different versions of the same quiz.a. Notepad for...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I update my Canvas shell, it sends a notification to the enrolled students. Is there a way to stop that?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you restore a class that has been deleted. I deleted my Sandbox accidentally trying to delete the content inside of it. Thank you!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just completed the course, Breathing Under Water. I work in a recovery facility.Although I understand there are no CEU's is there any other credit. Also I wonderedif I could get a certificate or a statement saying I completed the course for my plac...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is there a page explaining how students can leave comments on their own assignments?I found this: How do I make a comment about an assignment in the Student app on my iOS device? [DOC-17604] but I am looking for the equivalent information for a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an issue with graded Assignments? Right now a majority of my assignments in one class show as Late.  They were all submitted on time, with some even showing submission on the following day.  The grades show full credit as they were not late ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the font?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How long before the course starts, it becomes published/visible on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have trimester courses and at the start of the second trimester I can no longer see assignments in grades section, even though they are created as assignments.  How do I set the secondtrimester dates so I can grade these assignments I've put in pl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A Teacher for several years has lost the EDIT button, top right side, on Syllabus. Nothing is displayed on Pages. All Courses in the Dashboard are greyed out.When I Act as User, I see the EDIT button, all items on Pages, and all Courses are displayed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-03-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

FYI using Macbook and Firefox.  Thanks B

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Speed Grader is no longer working for me in Chrome. If you look at the attached image I have 'lost' the panel on the right hand side. I have no idea how to restore it and I have to switch to Firefox to actually mark assignments...There doesn't seem t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can I find the syllabus for my class?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to display the winter course on the canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello folks, I am both designer and instructor for a Canvas course. I noticed that our Account>Settings>Profile does NOT include BIO section. Why is this? I am seeing video instructions for creating instructor and student bios, but we do not seem to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I establish a video conference with my students using canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies