Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I need to cross list course sections but cannot find the function that allows this.When I follow the instructions and click on settings, then the course I want to cross list, it only shows me the students enrolled in the course.  I do not get a cross...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Team,I have noticed an error message occurring when signing out of studynet. Attached is the screenshots.Please can you advise on the this error and whether my studynet hour have been lost? Would I need to contact anybody else?Many thanks for yo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have an updated state rules for grading. According to them if a student will have a grades for the final examination within 49-25 points (which is called FX, out of 100) s/he can pass the examination again. It is only about the examination not the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What type of web camera do you use regular or wide screen?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get my name updated in Canvas? Is there an admin support number or email I can contact?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-30-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Afternoon!I am having an I.T. issue.  On my phone and laptop my canvas works great but on my home MAC where I would like to get some work done, I can login but when I click a module, nothing loads...any ideas?  Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to be able to upload ( as an attachment) a new course Syllabus as a PDF.  I just don't see the Attachment tab when I select Syllabus.  Linda moved my old one over but I don't want to use that this term. I have a new one to upload.  Shoul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach at two different universities. Can I share a course created at one university with a different Canvas account at the other university?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow a 1-day grace period for late assignments before the new gradebook starts making automatic deductions? Or would I have to manually adjust the due date to be 1 day later for this to be allowed? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access my ebook for my class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Buenas tardes comunidad,Esperando que todos se encuentren bien mi duda es respecto a si voy a impartir un curso en un nuevo período, debo duplicarlo o existe una opción que al finalizar quede completamente limpio para volver a impartirlo sin tener qu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I assign certain modules to certain sections?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am interested in the asl folklore class. is it avaiable for ceus? how much does it cost?thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just registered for an online course that I have 30 days to complete. When I click on any of the modules or documents to view I get a blank, white screen. When I go to my course page it does say it is published. Anyone have any advice on how I can ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-01-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Experts.I am in Germany trying to see Assignments, and other entry ports, or else, and just get blank pages... for my Jan 2020 course that I teach from here. The formatting.ALSO and I contacted MU for help... Home... you see Module 0 Module 1 Mo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to take the training course for online classes via Canvas, but when I click on the modules nothing is appearing under each course; they're all just blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Beste,Als ik mij inlog op canvas kan ik inhoud van elke cursus niet zien. Bijvoorbeeld "Bestanden"  is helemaal leeg terwijl als ik mij via mijn gsm ga kan ik ze wel vinden. Ik gebruik een mac book. Hoe komt dit eigenlijk?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I create a quiz that students can do in part, then save, then come back and finish later? Or do they have to do all quizzes in one sitting?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-29-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm having trouble finding the Blackboard.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to use the lockdown browser for other canvas applications? It would be great if I could use it to restrict access to other webpages is a student is working on a module during classtime.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I switch from the old Gradebook to the New Gradebook?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The option to add a rubric to an assignment doesn't appear. I've tried recreating the assignment, and creating a dummy assignment, but the "add rubric" button isn't there. What am I doing wrong here? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-29-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I allow students two absences before I begin deducting points from the roll call assignment category. Is it possible to input this setting/exception in Canvas or do I need to continue making this adjustment manually at the end of the semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community, After every class, I want to give students a "Summary Exercise", a one-question survey which just prompts them to write down a couple of sentences summarizing what they learnt in this class. From what I understand, I should be...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I simply change my email in my profile will that change my login email?  Thanks. I

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a page with some images embedded in it. The page is text heavy and I've kept the images relatively small so the page is not too long. I'd like the user to be able to click on an image to open it so they can examine it more closely. If I link t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a substitute teacher, I feel shut out of whatever activity the students are working on in Canvas, if that is their only assignment. Short of walking behind their backs and peering over their individual Chromebook screens, I have no way of engaging...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It appears in course list, and I did not hide it on purpose

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-28-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the list of students.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want the students in my class to be able to work with each other in groups. I have figured out how to form groups, but cannot figure out how those in each group communicate with each other. There seems to be no way for them to e-mail each other or ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies