Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I've looked through the documentation and discussions, but I'm not finding a good answer.I created a grading rubric intended for the TA's, but it's showing up in the student view.   It nicely shows up in speed grader, which is the intent.  And, that'...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There are good answers for importing a rubric from excel, but is there any way to do the reverse?Cutting and pasting from my browser is something I'm trying to avoid.Thanks.   MikePS: I apologize if this is a duplicate post - I did try to find it...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I've been having some problems with accessing homework on Canvas. The course modules tab says that there are two quizzes and readings due by the next class, however, I cannot open the quizzes or the course readings. I tried clicking on the "tak...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My text box on my canvas will not pop up when trying to submit an assignment...why wont it pop up??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed that students with an Excused grade for an assignment still have it pop up in their calendar and To Do list. Is there a setting where this can be changed? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas wont let me post a video to a discussion board.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im enrolled to an online spanish class but it won't show on canva

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently trying to cross-list my Forensic Science courses. As I'm going through the motions ((Settings... Section... click on the home course section)) the "Cross-List" button literally disappears. I have absolutely no idea what is going on and...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, Hive Mind!I have an instructor who is trying to add presenter files to her course.  They were exported in HTML5.  They play correctly when launched from the desktop. However, when launching the index.htm from within Canvas files, we get weird ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, a teacher told me that he is able to stop his students from opening a new tab/window when completing a quiz in Quizzes Next.  Is this true?  I never heard about that.  I know that this is something that can be done while creating a quiz in Google...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi: I am sending my class an announcement. I would like to embed a link to a questionnaire that I developed in google. When I insert the link it does not seem to work.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to find uniform info on a class and it said that it is located in canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to see all scoring rubrics for the class, update them and have them update in the assignment without clicking on the assignments individually? This would be helpful when an external tool is already uploaded and you can't see the scorin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the questions attached to a stimulus in an item bank? I have created several stimulus questions, each with 3 different attached questions. When I created them, I added them to an item bank.  I would like to have a quiz pull one stimulus...

• 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Could I change my major? Now I am student of business management but I want to study family and marriage. Next semester could I change that? 

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are a small Univ. seeking some help with a Custom Certificate CSS/JS that got overwritten and lost due to the Instructure Catalog update on 12/21/2019.  Please drop me a line.Sincerely,Scott

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

SurveysCan you build a survey in Canvas to push to your students?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot remove an embedded document from a module? Help!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I print an assessment from last year? And how do I see the results of my former students?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have uploaded my syllabus but don't see the "published" tab.  Where is it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I recently logged in to the Canvas app but only by using a numbered code (that was already there and predetermined, and it would not allow me to enter anything on my own) as my email. Now I am no longer able to log in, using "forgot password" doe...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i add a picture on the dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI am having trouble with holidays showing over the year end. I could see the winter holiday 19/20 in the December calendar and the first days after new years, but in the january calendar everything was gone, i bit difficult to explain but you can s...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can insert math type/equations in the body of the text in the questions for quizzes but I cannot figure out how to insert math type/equations in the answer choices?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently made the switch from MOODLE to Canvas and I have been learning the capabilities of the Formula question type. MOODLE has the capability of calculating parts of the question using the variables. For example, if I wanted to multiply two...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All,I've tried to import selected files from a previous course without success (see attached image). Any Advice? The selected files are under 2.0 GB. Thank you for any advice. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, our higher education staff need to run module evaluations for each module in each of their courses. I have set up a survey for them to use, but it seems that it is not possible to run multiple versions of the same survey in one course. Will we ha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, One of my students is receiving duplicate 'Push Notifications'. Is there a fix to this?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I mute student scores in Speedgrader once a quiz is published? There used to be a mute function to mute quiz grades until after the quiz closed.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit stuff like discussions and assignments to my teachers this is first time doing all online classes, is there a certain program i need to be using.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Solved: 2020-01-09
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies