Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can any one help explain Programming Logic to me or send me a link that will help me to understand how to do the basics of programming like varibles and how to write psuedocode and how to make flow charts. I'm just not understanding my material so if...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-26-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

need to knowHow do I get or download the syllabus of my sping course?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community, I currently work in online education at my institution and we have a homegrown quality assurance (QA) rubric that we use to evaluate our online courses. I have been pondering ways to aid our faculty more in improving their cou...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had accidentally deleted a comment from one of my students and I want to retrieve it. Is it possible to undelete a comment? if yes, then let me know how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to restrict access to a module or assignment until a minimum number of outcomes have been mastered or until certain outcomes have been mastered?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create an quiz with multiple attempts, and only require students to retry on the problems they missed and not have to enter all the answer again...kind of like a quick retake?  If they got it right the first time, they won't have to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to merge Modified Mastering into Canvas

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone! Do you know how, or if it is possible for me to change the "Modules" Tab to a different title? Also, is it possible for me to add 3 separate folders within that tab? Thank you for your help! Allison 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-20-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download a the Canvas Instructor application for my Kindle file from the Google Play store. It tells me that it will not work with the silk browser. Any suggestions or insight on how I can get this to work for my Kindle fire.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing a report for accreditation purposes. yeah.  The KPI requires documentation from Canvas rubrics.  (80% of students will receive a "satisfactory" on assignment x in course y.)    Is it possible to download in a spreadsheet all of the stude...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I am attempting to automatically grade a certain assignment without submissions, and found that this can be achieved with the Submissions - Grading Multiple Submissions  request, using the command:POST /api/v1/courses/:course_id/assignments/:assignme...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have calculated the grades for my undergraduate class without using Gradebook. Can I possibly submit the grades I have generated without using the Gradebook format? If so, how?Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an ivy tech professor on loan.  I am trying to enter final grades - one letter by one name.  There is an exclamation mark and wants me to import or export the grades.  All I want to do is type a letter in and the program is not allowing this. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I already submitted a math quiz attempt, but I thought I had made a mistake and started another attempt. When re-doing the problem, I found that I had gotten it correct the first time. I want to cancel this attempt, but all it does is exit the page. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to import a Maple TA/Mobius quiz into Canvas?If so, how can this be done?Thanks so much!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a slightly different issue from prior discussions I could find where people enter letter grades for assignments but cannot export those letter grades.I use a proposed letter grade column (a zero weight 100 point assignment) to show students t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I often manipulate grades in Excel. If I sort the columns by score then work on the grades there is no way to get them back into the original order since in Canvas the names are alphabetized by last name, but are given first-name first. The names sho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can students still see their grades, rubrics, my comments when a class is concluded?  (I have not checked the box below the date of conclusion but want some way to make sure).

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can the comments I type in Canvas transfer into Power School?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A possible bug/limitation:If I export the Gradebook, it appears I cannot change a value in it and then simply re-import. I get CSV error feedback. This is for University of Michigan.I have to delete some columns as a workaround. I deleted the Infrast...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I accidentally deleted a quiz and students' quiz for one section and their submissions are gone. Not able to see these in the deleted / restore section. How do I undo this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some grades have a ! next to them. What does this mean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Who do I email my referall form to?ThanksDonna

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post final grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove unwanted or unused navigation links in my dashboard. This is related to the Tech Task in Module 4 of Online Course Design class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enlarge the screen view from small back to normal?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm teaching Introduction to Sociology SOCI 111.  When I click on the Org to get the Proctored Assessment Scores, it shows students from the first Fall 8 week session.  I can't find the students from this second 8 week session.  How do I access my cu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I convert a file to a page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would you do a mass export of student assessments for printing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add an extra credit assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies