Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How would you do a mass export of student assessments for printing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to add an extra credit assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-20-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I import a course from another university where I teach?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my classes "Principals of Marketing" won't show on Canvas's platform. The start of the home page it won't pop up for no odd reason I'm just looking for my final grade is and I can't see it over canvas homepage, if the customer service support ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-19-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

#Merging QuizzesI would like to merge questions from 2 different quizzes.  It seems that there is no easy way to do this other than retyping in the questions.Thanks in advance for your help.##

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-18-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas, I am an instructor with Sacramento State U. In the next semester, one of instructors and I will be creating one Canvas classroom for the two sections we are teaching, respectively. With that being said, how to create one Canvas for the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to learn more about what different schools are using to verify student identity in online courses throughout the course experience (not only in testing and assignment submissions). 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does an assignment score 'T' mean?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

keep getting Access Denied with a Lock icon when I try to access 2 of my child's classes - happens when I click on the Coursework & on the Resources button. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I omit items from the Course Syllabus listing (besides just deleting them)?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,Is there any way to check a previous Canvas course? My grades have not been posted for several assignments, but when I logged in to Canvas, the course was gone from my account. I checked my University's portal, and the grades weren't posted the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In desperate need of assistance  and my university's tech support is "busy."  I was in the middle of reading a paper in speed grader and I must have clicked on something because the entire right section, where we write comments and enter a grade, is ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

what is the recommended browser.  problems occurring with grading

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does an instructor need to add zeros in the gradebook to accurately reflect missing assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Canvas Fam!Yet another random question.  EBS Tracker has the ability for you to make notes on individual student's circumstances (none-safeguarding related) and tie them to the student accounts.  This can then easily be accessed by the staff who n...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an assignment be placed into more than one assignment group? For example- a reading and response to both Geography and History can they be scored in both groups under the same assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Community, this came in from a faculty member. (Attached.) I don't have a ready answer as to what is going on.

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I viewed a quiz but did not complete it.  However, the status shows that it took me 775 minutes with 1 attempt and no questions answered.I cannot retake the quiz and when I contacted Tech Support, they said they couldn't help and I should contact my ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a faster way to get the last day of attendance recorded besides running the attendance report?  Participation and viewing are not attending.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a glossary in a Canvas course.  I indicated the panel (there are five) that I want the defined words to go to.  However, the html code only goes to the first panel.<a href="https://umd.instructure.com/courses/1147977/pages/glossary-of-terms...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We recently had a participant join a BigBlueButton conference via telephone using the call-in number provided. They then received a $20 long distance charge on their phone bill.We understand that this is a California area code (we are using this from...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I add a grading letter to the final  (total) grade?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if you can download the data generated by the +quiz/test feature in the assignments page?  There is a treasure trove of standards-based data that my colleagues and I could pull, but I just cannot seem to find a way to do so. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Importing rubrics to Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The instructors want to be able to have interactions among students that are enrolled in different courses. Is that possible? And in that case, How?Ex: Math and Biology would like to have a cooperation about a theme and students that are enrolled in ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As feedback to an assigment I have uploaded a pdf file as feedback. I included my feedback using speedgrader. It is clearly visible for me, but my students  have difficulty finding the document.As I have noticed from screenshots, it is really not vis...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

why is my canvas telling me i dont have access to see my grade.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi canvasfam,I'm trying to set up a course with 3 linked quizzes.  We'll call quiz 1 a, quiz 2 b and quiz 3 c.How do I make it that failing a takes you to b, then passing b takes you to c, whilst at the same time passing  a takes you straight to c?Th...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I get on my Canvas page? I let someone use canvas and they signed in and I tried logging that person out and now I can get back into mine.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dont know what to do now because im not a teacher and I meed access to my free student canvas account as a student at ashford university! What do I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies