Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,When taking attendance, one of our professors  has marked the students who are present – but did not mark the students who did not attend as absent. The attendance report shows 100% attendance which is not the case.  Is there a quick way to adj...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-11-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students find my inline comments in assignments? Some of them only seen the sidebar comments. I know there is a student guide about this but it seems to be all about sidebar comments. My students need to know: 1. how to find my annotations/co...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have successfully added the Data Services to my Canvas admin menu. However, when I click on it, the screen keeps refreshing and will not display the content. I'm using MacBook Pro running Mojave. Does anyone have any idea if there is some plug-in I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-02-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi Canvas brains trust,One of our teachers is experiencing a strange problem when they try to masquerade as a colleague. Perhaps someone can explain what's going wrong.The two teachers have identical account admin permissions (I have checked this man...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In Speedgrader, on some assignments, the comment tools will not appear; this seems to happen one out of every 20-30 uploaded assignments-- I can't find a way to remedy this.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to request some functionality be added to Canvas if it doesn't already do these things.1. When creating a quiz, which we use to automate some of our assessment tasks, we would love to be able to allocate each question to an outcome. So, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get an email notification when a participant posts a question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-10-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to make a users do a quiz before they can see other courses or content in Canvas? How to make a quiz a compulsory activity in a course before they see any other modules and pages, etc?We are looking to make our trainers do a quiz and pass it befo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to weight categories (Modules) Quiz = 20%, Assignments = 45%, etc.?Gary B

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make a review that contains all of the questions from the quizzes this semester. I started the semester making quizzes in the old format and then switched to the new format. Is there a way to put the quizzes from the old format into a ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make everything I set up in Canvas to publish visible to my students? How do I kill the eyeball w the slash?#disablevisablityeyeball

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-23-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do i extend the deadline for submission of an assignment for one student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On the 'grade' page, what does the symbol mean that, when you hover over it, it says "Click to test a different score"?? I don't want to click it and find out it zapped out my already completed assignment. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, How do i print the results of a quiz  with the graph charts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I have 3 sections of one course, and would like to hold a review session simultaneously. Is this possible in Canvas? I could use Zoom, but it limits me to 40 minutes for more than 3 participants.Thanks so much!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In your organization, are your Instructional Designers considered faculty or staff as their primary designation?  I know many IDs also teach, so I'm not considering that ancillary function in my question, but rather is the primary job function of an ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

prerequisite -- how to add

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi !  I will be traveling to South America and will have good internet connection. Will I be able to take a test while i am over there? I was just wondering if there are any geographic restrictions with canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

List of 5 choices with 3 correct answers

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm just starting to develop modules for a course, but it's still not clear to me as to the difference between a Page and an Assignment.   I realize that there are different types of "Assignments," but practically/pedagogically speaking how/why would...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have two questions.1. I use clicker questions in the class. This PRS is provided by Turning Technologies. I am not sure how to instruct the students for registration for using PRS in the class.2. I use Respondus to upload quizzes and homework assig...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to upload content from my computer?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a place to download counts of missing and late submissions for all students in a course? I've been relying on the course analytics, which weren't perfect, but they were better than nothing. Unless I've missed something -- and I hope I have! ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to only have in your to do list the marking for only the sections you teach as opposed to having everyone on every courses marking in your to do list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently I turned something into canvas and my teacher says no submission was given.  Now I can not show him that I turned it in because the assignment is locked now.  Is there any proof I can find that I turn it in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening, I'm a new Canvas user. I want to share courses and quizzes here with my students, and I'm still discovering how to use it step by step. So, I would like to have an idea about;How can I reach the student code, so I can share it with my s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where can I find sislt orientation activity?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you drop the lowest assignment grade for the semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I manually change the Final Grade in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies