Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

In Blackboard it was possible to create threads within each discussion. How do you do that on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find my email address?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am off to training tomorrow and have received email asking me to print off resources - what are they?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to collect quiz start and stop times?  I can collect the submission date, which includes the total time stamp, but is there a way to collect the quiz start timestamp as well?Thanks,David Millar,Midland University

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our college community currently uses Blackboard, but most faculty are dissatisfied with it.  A small group of professors would like to pilot Canvas for a semester for our courses and our faculty collaborations.  Is there a way for us to purchase a te...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the dedicated Chat area of Canvas, can I insert line breaks when I copy and paste blocks of text?  Here's why: When I teach writing, several of my exercises in class use chat rooms to send out revision exercises to students, then receive their att...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There seem to have been a number of discussions about posting grades as points and percentages.  An individual assignment can be changed from one to another, but is there a way to request all grades be percentages?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Assignments. I think that I need help submitting my assignments for my online class

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Moodle instance that will be moving to Canvas. The district would like to maintain their current home page look and functionality in Canvas. Is this possible within Canvas to set up a sort of common landing page? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is my plagiarism review? When I create an assignment in which students have to submit a doc their is no way to review for plagiarism. I don't even see it as an option. Can someone please explain this to me? #plagiarism review

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I will be taking my first online course this semester, so I was checking out pipeline and canvas, but when I went to click on courses in canvas, it said I have no courses. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When ever I try to open my course or any other assignments it just brings me a blank page. Also, when I open canvas it doesn't show me dash board and my courses.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add an image to my homepage, not just change the color?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't seem to open my announcements or discussions.  Any advice on this?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to change the profile picture for my account, but when I get to the point where I've uploaded a picture and I click 'Save' then nothing happens. The 'Save' button changes and is replaced with a non-clickable button that says selecting imag...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our HS uses weighting to terms for exampleMP1 20% of gradeMP2 20% of gradeMid Term 10% of gradeMP3 20% of gradeMP4 20% of gradeFinal Exam 10% of gradeIt does not seem to be set up correctly in Canvas - grades are correct in SkywardWhere do I go to se...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Starting around 1/14, my group has been seeing phantom new message notifications in Canvas - that is, the browser tab will display a blinking number, but there are no new or even unread messages in the inbox. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how to set -up or change percentages in the grade book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For Communication Applications, on the second chapter there is a TED talk we have to watch then make a chart on google docs. When we are done with the chart we have to upload it, but I can't figure out where to do that.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I manually add students to the course or they will be added at your end?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to rename or add tabs - as can be done in BlackBoard?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is Vericite found and how do we use it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I see my course that I registered for in Canvas under the courses tab?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where do I find the legend of all the symbols of the gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when i log onto canvas I'm unable to see the classes, it looks as if they are continuously loading. Also when i try to go onto the classes to upload homework I'm unable to see the import file section to actually upload it. thank you for your help 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn on notifications that there's something due or new in my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am signed up for classes that begin next week, that all appear on the "dashboard". Yet my calendar is completely empty. I am using a computer in the school library, and I doubt their Chrome browser is unsupported, or... is it? What could the proble...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Apparently with the new year the CANVAS quizzes list has been updated to be in alphabetical order?  I find this quite annoying when I am recording grades, though some may find it useful.  However, I have found no means by which to rearrange the order...

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a user who is teacher in two courses, and in one course he can create sections and add students to them and in another he cannot.  I don't see any reason why he would not be able to as he has the same role in both course.  Any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies