Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi, I was trying to record audio in the editor section but it shows loading for a long period of time but never ended with uploading. Did anyone face the same issue?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,NJIT would like to send student related data ( major and program) to canvas. We currently use sftp to send data from our SIS to canvas. Please let me know if we can place the student data as a csv file on the sftp for canvas to consume.ThanksRo...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Does Canvas have an accessibility statement that I can include within my course syllabus

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to prevent a student from taking a quiz after the "closed" date?I'm using "new quizzes", for weekly self-quiz assignments, scored for completion. I set my "due date" as the date when the student should take a weekly quiz, and I allow them to take...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HI SIR I WANT DELETE COURSE WHICH I CREATED FOR ONLINE COURSE ASSIGNMENT

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In previous semesters, when I created an assignment it was visible in the "Assignments" section on Canvas.  Now it only shows up in the grid for "Grades".  How can I fix this so that all assignments posted show up in the "Assignments" tab?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can i as a student accessing class material from previous semester class? If so, how?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is canvas compatible with a mac

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to create a report for a particular Term with the following columns?Student First NameStudent Last NameStudent StatusCourse Name that the Student is enrolled inBasically, I want something similar to the "Enrollment" report from within ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

How do I create a discussion board anonymously?  I am creating this course for other instructors and seeing my name and photo is confusing. Thanks for help with this

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the new quiz option, the multiple answer questions are graded differently than before. Now they are correct (full point credit) ONLY if every single option is correctly selected by the student.  In the old quiz version, students got partial credit...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to use some of the branching capabilities in Survey Monkey/Qualtics for a quiz I want to deploy inside Canvas.it doesn't look like putting the survey link in the body of the question yields an actual link.any suggestions?thanks in advance

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have noticed something peculiar. When I upload a media file by dragging it to the Files area in my course the file shows up in the directory as one would expect. However, when I upload the same file into a page via the Record/Upload Media the file ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to view anything on canvas through my computer only on my phone. I have assignments I need to turn in and am unable to do them through canvas. I cannot type everything on my phone and it does not let me copy and paste so this is taking ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I was previously able to send a conversation/message to my child (student) through Canvas but recently have not been able to do so. I was able to send a message to a school administrator and it went through but I cannot email my child. This is...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

currently unpublished and want to change to published

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have self-paced courses set up with a final exam.  I need an email notification for each final exam submission as they are submitted.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We have a number of students who are using Safari to make poor choices so we want to create a white list of websites which are accessible to them, but keep them from searching inappropriate sites. While we can certainly white list Canvas, we are not ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've searched and couldn't find what I've been looking for, so I hope this isn't a duplicate. I need a report of student activity for all students enrolled in a course in a term. I'm not really a programmer, but I've ben able to create an LTI and use...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I created my course and I would like to share it with my friends and other people, but if I send a link to them, I need to log in or create an account. How to make a course public so that others can see it without registering?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm trying get the experience that most students are getting and I'm finding that I troubleshoot Canvas issues relating to Chromebooks and Windows 10 in S Mode. What are your thought on this version of Windows?Thank you for your time.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We want to push our Canvas attendance to our SIS.  Do you have documentation on how to take attendance in Canvas and send it to the SIS?  We use Campus Nexus for our SIS. We also want the default for attendance to be "Absent" and not to have the butt...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does Canvas use  synchronous XHR when passing back SCORM grades to the gradebook? This is a concern based on issues with Chrome 80 and that it no longer supports the Exit Passback. More here. Are others having problems with SCORM grades reporting cor...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is a join code and where is it found?Linda E. Neville

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the join code found? My students and I don't know it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a safety module in Canvas where students are required to do things in a specific order. In the past when I built my quizzes I set them to unlock the next thing when a minimum score was achieved. Someone recently updated a few of the quizzes an...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When exporting the grades from the gradebook, the letter grade is not displayed for assignments. It comes up as points instead, despite selecting letter grade from the assignment editing area. Is it possible to enable this? As it would visually help ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Can someone help in finding someone/company/way to purchase college-level course content an integrate them into CanvasThank youAmine

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have located speedgraded but I need the annotation menu bar and it is not appearing. Please help

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are in the middle of a 9 weeks, and, all of a sudden, our Sync to PTP (power teacher pro) is no longer available.  The Grade Sync also is no longer visible.  My assignments still show the ability to be sent to SIS system, but there is no option to...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies