Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add extra credit to a weighted total?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Even the website is just text. Blechh. I know you're going to point me to the designer link, but that just bounces me over to the same list of topics that appear for instructors. A list? Really? That's how you show your stuff? This puts me to sleep. ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm working with someone who imported a 90-question quiz in New Quizzes.  However, the students can only see the first 50 questions.  As a teacher, and in preview mode, I can see all 90.  In Speedgrader, they can see all 90 and the last 40 for every ...

(Panda Pros)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

It will not allow me to open the course or to add to the courses menu (I assume until 1/6/2020, the course start date). How do I get into the course to continue to build it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!How do I change the number of points a quiz is worth? The quiz is already published and I assigned grades. See screenshot below - top right. I need the Points to be 10, not 0. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

If you discover a question was not a good question to ask, is there a way to add the point back in for all students without manually going in and changing everyone's grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Correcting title on last post.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think students still cannot see the grading scheme associated with a course, and this is not a best practice for an LMS - students should be provided with the scheme so they can aim for the letter grade they wish to achieve.  The information is the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HulloI am leaving the university and would like to download my files from my courses but many of the courses are not allowing me to download or delete files. Also I was advised to import a course, however, I have no information how to open the file. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I import a previous course to a new semester?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who should I direct my questions to regarding instUI?  I am able to use the boiler plate create-react-app and post to localhost:3000. However when I try to use creating a starter app from instructure-ui : UI libraries made by Instructure Inc. (6.15.0...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get my PD hours when I complete an online course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If a student is accidentally removed from a course, can they be retrieved including any assignments they have uploaded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear All, John here – new to Canvas and this community and looking for some help understanding how to integrate use of Quizzes, Outcomes and Learning Mastery in Grades. Please find below a detailed description of what I have done (Steps 1-8) and the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I moved a quiz from "graded" to "not graded" and all the scores went blank.  Is there a way to recover the grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I make the syllabus visible to students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am considering using a "smart pen" (like the echo livescribe pen) for taking my notes, so my students can both see my notes and also listen to the video of the lecture.Ideally, I'd like to post these notes on Canvas for my students to access.Has...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last night I was taking Quizzes for a class that were access code protected, i had the correct access code and was able to take one quiz. the next day in an attempt to take another quiz (that uses the same access code) I was not able to do so and one...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit final grades for the dean?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I write a question on a quiz?  It is not letting write on the screen once I enter en quiz details and I go the questions, I go to add a question and the box opens but it doesn't allow me to write in it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hello,I missed the first assignment deadline, so the course after has been locked and also I can’t upload the assignment after. Could you tell me how to cope with the problem? Thank you. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I lost my paperwork that I received when I first begin school to receive my associates. My question is what am I actually receiving my associates in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the course end dates?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to know whether I can adjust the Turnitin settings in my Canvas. I guess when I created a particular assignment (the final research essay), I did not pay enough attention to the reporting to students -- when that would happen and all that kind...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to remove the column assignment from webcourses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,Wondering if it's possible to use JS in Chrome DevTools Console to find and delete pages in the modules page with a specific String value. I have a large subject with 300+ pages and want to delete multiple pages in a list.Cheers,William

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I require a score of 80% or better on the modules' assessments before moving on to the next module.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the best place for an instructor profile (for students to see) in People, or should I put my profile separately and hide People?  My concern is that, while it is convenient to direct students to open my profile in People, should all students have ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I log into canvas at home on my computer, It shows my dashboard boxes but everything is blank and i can't see any assignments or files. I am wondering how do i fix this problem? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to give the exact same quiz again and do not want them to have access to the old one.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies