Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

So, I basically have 2 different canvas accounts from school, one for active school, and another at the same time for extra online school so that I can miss some of my early classes. I am in Jordan School district and use jsd.instructure.com . Before...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,This is my first time grading students on Canvas. The grades are due on Wednesday. I am not able to put any grades or make any changes. I haven't kept a Gradebook as most of the work was done on different place online ( Pearson My Writing Lab.)...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-08-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why has the whole class erased from my dashboard? Its not even in my past enrollments ? Could someone tell me why this is happening ASAP I needed to turn in a an assignment due.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am receiving message that my browser is not supported

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there! Anyone here who have tried creating a Canvas Page that contains RSS feed about everything in the Schools' Global Announcement? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am currently taking a course and am having trouble with the self-check portion. Whether I click the link or work through the practice assignment, an error will pop up stating, "A fatal error has occurred, communication with server has been lost." C...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been unable to upload my paper into the Canvas assignment box. It initially existed as a doc.x, then, when that didn't work, I converted it to a PDF - still wouldn't upload.  In spite of the the fact that both these file types are acceptable, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I logged onto canvas and my dashboard won't load, it does not show my courses only flickering grey boxes where my courses should be. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this issue. It is finals week and I need to submit assignment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-07-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After import a previous course, can I either erase the import or replace with another import?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any update to updating to Mac OS Catalina software upgrade? I got the warning on screen a month ago recommending to hold off on the download. But the warning is now gone, does that mean we are good to go for the upgrade on our Apple computer...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I'm on canvas I press begin my course and then select modules. It brings up the assignments but when I go to view/ work on them it brings me to a blank page. what should I do? Do you think maybe the instructor has not uploaded the materials? (th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the aggravating issues I have experienced with Canvas is that an instructor is not able to send an email to any student or group of students directly from the Canvas grade book.  I understand there have been some changes made in the grade book...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I find the list of classes I have already taken? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move an assignment into the module section? The assignment is not showing in the module or the grades.  Thanks you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn off the student notification that I as the instructor is in the course room. Is this through my settings? Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I delete a comment saved after I have graded a student's assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning, I am unable to see anything in my "Dash regarding my classes, for example, my grades discussion post modules nothing is showing. I can receive emails and everything else.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I graded an assignment and then allowed the student to resubmit the same assignment for a better grade.  Both assignments are uploaded with different submission dates but the rubric for the 2nd assignment shows the points and comments for the origina...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had issues submitting my assignment all day on 12/5/2019 through my computer. I tried again on 12/6/2019 and nothing changed. Had to use neighbors computer to submit my work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Have never had an issue with Firefox running Canvas, but suddenly all Speedgrader annotation tools (top right on toolbar) are gone in Firefox but present in Edge. Have cleared Firefox cache, no change. Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-06-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have noticed that I have one student whose log-in times seem to be precisely tracked to mine. In other words, if I log in to Canvas at 3:12 p.m. on Nov. 28th, the "People" screen shows that he logs in AT THE VERY SAME TIME. This does not happen wit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question for a quiz that has several possible correct answers.  How do I make sure Canvas will grade that question correctly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When editing a "page" I would like to "find and replace" in the rich text editor.  Is this feature available?  "ctl-F" only gets me the browser assistance.  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Why can't I see my canvas page when I log on ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you drop the lowest assignment grade

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn off the right click function in quizzes?  I don't want them downloading the exams.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way as an instructor that I can see the date a student's enrollment went inactive?  Enrollments are managed by our SIS.  But I'm looking for where I might be able to view that information inside of Canvas.  Thank you in advance.  Sara 

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone found a way in New Analytics to replicate the Student Analytics-View Submissions feature?  In the old version of Student Analytics an instructor could not only see a dashboard that allowed insight into not just whether an assignment was on...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It would be great if there were pre-set comments in the grading section so that after I grade an assignment and give it a score, I can click on a comment such as "Well done!" Or "great start, but needs additional work. Please visit our writing center...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a class that has two "Midterm" exams and a final, worth 100pts, 100pnts & 150pts respectively. Only in cases where this helps the student, I want to set up the grade book to replace the lowest "midterm" exam grade with the final (percentage sc...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies