Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a lot of work I've put into my courses and I was wondering if there was some way to download an outline view or something of the course in case I lose my work?  I know your servers are secure and have backups and all that but I always like to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-05-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to revert back to the ratings view?  I took a lot of time to create my rubric, then checked the "I'll write free-form comments when assessing students," and haven't been able to see my ratings since.  I have only one rubric (not attach...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you log out?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to print my Modules in its entirety; from week 1 thru week 18 for each of my courses.The Print Screen function is inadequate.I was shown a method by an instructor who is now gone....Thank you!g.g.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Instructure Enters Into a Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Thoma Bravo Anyone else heard this? I wonder what changes will now be coming?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I enter SpeedGrader there are no highlighting tools or "boxed note" tools or pen tools available.  If I download the paper these tools are available but I see no way to save the file so I can re upload it.  When I have annotated a downloaded sub...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Old question (answered):In my discussions, I want my students to respond to my question and then have each student interact with five other (auto-assigned) discussants. My course has 150 students, so I cannot read all contributions.Is there a way to ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone used Canvas to hold online classes during extended school shutdowns? If so, how did you do so?I suspect CANVAS has features for video chats and discussions in real time, but we haven't explored this, and I feel it would be extremely useful...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

View concluded (dropped) and inactive student information

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to add another person (instructor) to my course on Canvas, but there's no Add People button available. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am receiving complaints from dual credit schools that when students are in an essay question on a Canvas test, they cannot use the tab key without the test automatically ending.Surely, this is not the case...? It's nearly 2020, after all. BACKGR...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi!I am using a MacBook Pro but I am not able to get access to canvas platform for skövde university. No content is shown. I wonder why? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when i'm in the dashboard normally all my classes show up so I can click on them but if you click show all for the notifications on the right side of the screen you can't get out

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I am a Canvas user in Korea. I want to use this service with my fellow students in Korea but it appears that the UI language hasn't been fully translated into Korean. I found that you're using Transifex to crowdsource the translation so I have sen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Quiz Questions and Question Banks Existing quiz questions are not in unfilled questions in question banks?I have read here that existing quiz questions should have a copy in question banks automatically. This is not the case, we have many quizzes, wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In coursework where you are required to write a reflection and post that reflection on and then reply to people's comments on your post as well as reply to other people's post, is there a way of removing/eliminating/denoting which  posts/comments you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to link assessments in 2 different courses - is this possible?students need to upload a file in one course and we transfer the result. Is it possible to make this automatic? OR can i put a link to the assessment they upload in in the linked ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to keep kids from browsing the internet while taking a quiz in canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The grade says N/A when I know that assignments have been completed for that class.The assignments are not showing up and no grades are there.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When do classes for Spring 2020 appear in canvas?  I registered weeks ago but they are not there yet? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas isn't letting me upload recorded video lectures!  I've done this in the past ( two days ago), and it worked fine.  Now, I'm getting the message, "Failed to Create New Item."  I'm not changing the procedure that I've always used, so I'm not sur...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on Outcomes to go into edit a custom made rubric, like the instructions tell me, a blank screen pops up.  I do not have an option to click on manage rubrics or any options, it is blank.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I do a course copy

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I create an announcement in one section, can I automatically post it in another section or do I have to retype it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am missing a workshop certificate of completion. Where can I find that on the website?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we edit the course name somehow so when looking for rubrics we don't see 50 courses titled the same BIO 101?In this document - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12861-4152724129  we see they have many BIO 101 classes and only one of them h...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to important an ExamView test to Canvas.  I want the order of the questions to remain the same.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When grading a group assignment, my comments are not being stored.  It says "All comments are sent to the whole group".  I type comments, hit submit, it says "Your comment has been submitted", but it disappears.  I can't see it and no students are re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am trying to change my email address in CANVAS and it keeps going back to my old email. How do I change it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm using this Docker image to do some LTI related development.  I'm trying to bulk upload data for test purposes, but have been unable to find a way to turn on SIS Imports.  I found this article which states that we need a Customer Success Manager t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies