Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Every time I go to send an email to my students through Canvas lately, an unwanted automatic suggestted subject line comes up below the field where I write the subject. It is something I will never use, and I don't know why Canvas automatically sugge...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I'm a TA and I use the rubric and speedgrader to grade assignments for a course.  I can hide grades for assignments successfully, But when I want to write the grade through speedgrader, it always somehow gets posted and released.  I don't know wha...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i don't know how to put grades in the window in in Speed grader that's labeled  (window) OUT OF 0. what i want is to put in a traditional grade...a number out of 100. how do i do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to post a writing assignment and have students upload their essays in one place on canvas rather than digging through outlook email.  How can I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student inadvertently submitted a quiz before answering the questions. How do I open it up for her again?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I use and love Quizzes in Canvas.  My question is about a difference I'm observing (and not understanding) in how quiz responses are appearing after submitting a Quiz.  Attached is a screenshot I took of the corrected responses after using the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Discussion: Returning to College                    What I am most looking forward to about starting college is, quite frankly attaining my certificate and if I am successful, going for a bachelors degree. I look forward to obtaining knowledge that w...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I want to opt out of notifications for a course. How do I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This has been reported before, but at least in the Q&A forums, the issue originally posted by  @hasti  is marked as "Answered", but this issue has not been addressed.  That question is here (https://community.canvaslms.com/message/101218-file-preview...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't work on my assignments because every time I start typing, it goes back up to the top of page.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  One of my students just informed me that when accessing a fellow student's submission to peer review, the rubric would not allow her to add in number ratings or comments for various parts of the rubric.  What might be the issue here?Thank you...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students who are not enrolled are still in the Canvas list. The Canvas database seems to not getting updated regularly! The blackboard LMS used to be updated every morning, so the student list where fairly up to date.It's frustrating to have students...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Speed Grader:  I often leave comments in speed grader. Are my students notified of those comments? Am I notified if they respond back?  Asking for a friend:):):)

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyone taking Business 279 this semester? I have a question 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Browser not up to date:I just purchased a new Lenovo Chromebook and when I log into my Canvas site it says the browser is not up to date. How can I get that off my screen and why is it there?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My dashboard on my canvas is glitching. How do I fix it.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey,When I'm grading, I just want to make sure the students aren't getting updates as I update their scores and provide comments. My issue is that unless I manually click "Hide Grades" after I've submitted all my updates it won't show a "Hidden" bubb...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Passing Section and SIS ID information from Canvas to WeBWorkWe have set up the WeBWork LTI in Canvas and it's working like we want it to so far, but there's some tweak that we need involving custom LTI paramentersHere's what's in WeBWork:When auto-p...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to embed a Google Form into a Canvas Assignment that way I can view my students' responses from SpeedGrader?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I made a rubric with several categories.  For example: thesis statement, evidence, analysis, and conventions.  I graded a bunch of essays.  While I can get the overall average score for my essays, I want to know what category (thesis, evidence, etc) ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In speed grader, is it possible to cut and paste into the text box for an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

What happened to the animated GIF function for each class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school uses a rubric to convert raw points to a proportional grade on a 4pt scale. I have figured out how to have CANVAS do this conversion for me using a "grading scheme" option in the assignment set up instead of points or percentage. The conver...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last semester our administrator told us that the function that automatically enters zeros in the gradebook was not working and we should not use it until further notice.  Has this been fixed?  Does the gradebook correctly enter zeros  when set up to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,We are currently piloting Canvas for our online course offerings and would like to contact schools that have automated  grade transfer from Canvas to Banner and who are NOT using the ILP Ellucian module.  One of the requirements from our Registrar...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just recently discovered the Teacher Activity Report and thought it was a great tool - until I started using it. The Teacher Activity Report is found when you go to the People  menu option and then select the Student Interactions Report from the Dr...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to build a home page for my course which includes a "roadmap" of the various modules. If a student has completed a given module, I would like to overlay a checkmark image over the bitmap representing that module.Is there some way to have...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We would like to create a rubric that includes both a ratings scale and a free form narrative comment section for each criterion.   As of now, it seems to be one or the other.  Is it possible to do this, and if not, can this change be incorporated in...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas - Inbox - Compose MessageMessage window opensSelect course - new layer - displays links to select either Favorite Courses or More coursesThis is an unnecessary level. How can I turn it off? 

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How can I allow a student to retake a quiz once she's been locked out?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies