Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I click on the module link & it loads up to blank white screen. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for Dance Appreciation online, and am having trouble grading Module 3. There's no work showing up on their individual names when I click on the "Grade Module 3" icon, and the only way I have access to their work is through a long list of al...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I enrolled as a teacher and need to change it to a student.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Looking for Florida or Southeast one-day conferences (not InstructureCon in Tennessee) to learn advanced Canvas techniques and processes.  Thanks!

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Did the View gradbook with ungraded items as 0 feature get removed from the new grade book?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a student who submitted a quiz on time and earned a 100%. After the deadline, the student attempted the quiz again and earned a zero (I think she was just trying to look at the quiz again). The automatic lateness deduction from her second atte...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have some faculty who are using a tool that automates the grading and reporting of all types of content in Microsoft Excel. ExPrep They advertise that it works seamlessly with Canvas. Has anyone had any experiences with an integration that they wo...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are many improvements in the new Gradebook, but the mandated white space on each side of the text in the column headers is a huge problem. For classes with a huge number of assignments, it helps to make columns very narrow, but that is now impo...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of our students edited his biography and copied and pasted a BUNCH of text into it, such that it's basically crashing his Canvas profile page. I've repeatedly gotten an "Aw, Snap! Either Chrome ran out of memory or the process for the webpage was...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOw do I set  up a project site on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you consider setting default widths of assignment columns to be the right size to include the button that will open the tray? If it's not just the right size you can't access that tray button and can only change the grade without seeing what the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I add a new student to a student group?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I like to automatically set my grade book to "bump" borderline grades by having and 89.5% or higher be an A, a 79.5% or higher be a B and so on.  Can I do this in Canvas?  If so, how?  Thanks!

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class that meets both 1st and 2nd semester. It is a new course, but the enrollment is (basically) the same. I would like to keep the same student groups from the 1st semester and use them with my 2nd semester class. Is there a way to import ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of the assignments (a discussion) was not uploaded to the course at the beginning, so I had to add it 'after the fact'. I can see that the students have it among their tasks, but it is not among the tasks I have to grade (even though a student ha...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access speedgrader if I have hidden results? If all the students are finished and I haven't opened up the results, there doesn't seem to be any way of getting to speedgrader!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to grant individual students increased time limits on all quiz assignments based on their approved accommodations? I'm managing a 450+ enrollment course, and I'd like to set it up so that students automatically get their accommodations...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

This is Myunghee jun who is teaching online courses at University of Wisconsin (BSN 407 Foundation of Nursing Practice and BSN 490 Synthesis for Nursing Practice)Last Saturday (Jan 25, 2020), one student in 407SP20_(Secion 01) let me know as follow: ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a bunch of old courses on my dashboard and in my class list.  How do I get rid of them or hide them?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ahoy all,I had no idea what to search by to know if this has been answered:When we create a rubric at the institutional level and attach it to courses, e.g. discussions, what happens if we update the institutional level rubric? Well, first of all, is...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you remove a deleted sis login from being referenced or showing as already in use when I try to assign it to the proper user account?enrollments.csv - Enrolled a user 1216961 in course , but referenced a deleted sis loginusers.csv - An existin...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Announcement emails to participants add to the subject of the annoucement ': class title'. Is there a way to edit/remove that?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Do you know how to save a video powerpoint presentation in a format that will make it smaller and easier to upload? I can't submit my assignment because the file is too big.Thank you,Sara

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to import/ export questions from Gimkit or Quizlet to a Canvas quiz bank? Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in Spanish 101 as a No Grade Student.  How do I log in to Quilet?  And why am I not getting points for quizzes taken?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I duplicate assignments to other same classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is there a way to duplicate assignments to other classes? Canvas won't let me in to the new special way.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can the designers please expand the boxes for constructing answer options (e.g., on multiple choice questions) so that one can see the entire answer written with having to click and scroll?  (see image)  Sometimes it seems like the Canvas developers ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to access the academic reserve to read my assigned readings for the week and they are saying I need to sign in but I dont know what username and password they requireI have tried inputting my email, my student code and nothing worksI need to a...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies