Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When we use the Canvas editor to write text-based content into a page, the style of the text displayed when the page is rendered is different from the style we see when we pull the same text from a separate file linked to the page via Iframe.We've ta...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-09-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way in which to publish a quiz but exclude a student or students from having access to the quiz?  What I want to do is not let students who have not yet finished their assignment take the quiz on the assignment.  Most finish it and then ar...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why will canvas not let me upload a picture and word document? It is telling me that I have an uploading error and that it fails. It's been saying this for a couple of days.~Kaci Vredeveld

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Speed Grader toolbar does not appear for all of the students' submissions.  Why not?  They are text entered.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What am I missing?I have asked the students to submit a self-portrait in the style of Surrealism. They have attached a picture to the summary, which I can click on 'Plastic bag' to see. But, once I click on the picture, how do I get back to their sum...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I unpublish a course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is is possible for students to directly download a file I have posted on the course site into their One Drive account? As of now, the only way I find they can do it is to download the file from Canvas, then separately open their One Drive and upload ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Can an instructor be listed as a teacher in one courser and an observer in another course?Thanks!José Lugo

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am unable to open course files on Canvas.  When I click on dashboard, the courses are in constant movement and will respond to command.  Therefore, I cannot get into my account to post assignments. # Bringing up courses -Canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have source material in .pptx format that is printed to a .pdf in 'page view' to make a student guide that has a slide at the top of the page and notes at the bottom. We do not want students to download a copy of the student guides due to the risk...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi guys, I really need your help here, I am a junior web developer and am trying to set up the connection between our platform (Tool Provider) and Canvas, I am struggling to find a good tool to test the oAuth2 requests, a tool that acts like Canvas t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log into my canvas account on both safari and google chrome the opening page (the dashboard) on canvas and the calendar will not load. In order to get to an assignment I have to go to modules, when it comes to submitting the assignment the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I've always been able to transfer all announcements from a previous course to a new course in my past experiences and can't seem to find this option in my Canvas course now. I don't have a settings button. Is there another way to transfer all ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I copy a course from last year to make a similar course this year?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, new to canvas, sorry to ask a question like this. I have searched through the questions previously asked and found no answer. I am a new teacher that is not in the US and only person I know using canvas. How do I load all the class assignments in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Ho do I do to make a diskussionforum like this one to be able to @mention someone? I can not find that in my preferences.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

She says it's first year using Canvas and she has not replied to my previous emails, I can see my other past enrollments for other classes but the class I just took is gone completely... Im afraid she just removed everything I did. Im I just overthin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I fix a video that has not processed correctly?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view my Roll Call Attendance report as a student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m looking for a setting that allows me to hide the course ID from users. Our faculty and students only need to know the course name, semester, and section. Seeing the course ID is causing confusion for some of our users.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a couple of quizzes that I need Instructors to complete before they can access anything on Canvas. Anyone can help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We use VETTRAK as our SMS and i would like to know if there is a way to use the same SIS ID in different course sections so that all Courses are linked to the same occurrence?  or do i have to have all the Units of competencies in the one course?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find out how many hours I have completed (modules/courses)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my  Life mgt online class, I was asked to do a book report and respond back to my peers but I don't know how or don't see there.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Okay I had a dumb moment. I took a quiz thinking it was available, but it doesn't open until Tuesday. I did not know this until I saw something was wrong with the exam due to it saying take quiz and then there were no questions.  I submitted it and t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you manage the external markers (other teachers within the instance) marking across a range of classes. My thoughts are giving a role but still this is a manual process for each task and staff member ordo we just add a second teacher??thoughts...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone have a block/ module that allows timetable to flow from their SIS/ timetabling package???  Any reasons for and against??

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to generate consolidated results from a quiz. I would like to know how many students completed it, how many did not take it and how many were in progress when the quiz closed. I also need to know score bands eg. x no. of students scored ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

mymedia and kaltura‌ I created a 10 mins Kaltura video recording on my computer, and uploaded the video on media but it didn't open so I deleted it and tried to upload it again now its not giving me the option to re-upload the video. please assist me...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies