Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I separate classes that are all put together to form groups.  Like all the sections are together for ease but now I want to separate each class into groups. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add a "Teacher" role onto a newly created user?  Institutional Account, not free.Under people I see that I can search by role such as "Teacher", but I do not find where I can add the Teacher Role onto the newly created user.  The user has al...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor preparing to teach an online section of Introductory Psychology, and I have obtained the OpenStax Psychology textbook test-bank through the OpenStax instructor materials website, but the questions are in the form of a Word document...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to personalize my course tile

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

No matter what I do, the document icon will not go away for several late grades.  I have put in a 0 WITH it marked late, put a 0 with it marked none, the icon will not go away.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I recover content/assignment from a course I taught the previous semester?  Do the old courses still need to be active and/or visible in Canvas in order to copy them?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i'm trying to do the SSPRNBSN. There are a lot of questions to answer and it says to type in your answer. I'm new to online learning. I used the pen but it's too much writing with my mouse. I tried to type in, but it's not allowing me to type with my...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola, me gustaría hacer mi curso público, pero no me deja incluir en el índice de cursos público. ¿cómo puedo hacerlo? Gracias

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added extra credit later in the semester but want the final grades to be out of only 100 points, how do I fix this in the final grades

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach 2 sections of the same course.  Can Office 365 be used for holding files that both sections can use?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an Instructor requesting to be added to a course. The course lead has added me and shows me pending, yet I have not received an invitation. How can I be added to her course? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you submit an assignment. Where do I upload

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Got my letter grade, but percent grade isn't published.  How can I find percent equivalency?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are there any plans to add permissions to the Editor Button placement on for LTI Developer Keys?  We currently have a button that we only want to make available to roles like Teacher & Designer and exclude roles like Student and Observer.  We're curr...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey CanvasI want to review the People tabs in my past enrollments but access have been denied. Does this men there's no way of accessing it at all?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I finished the online immersion five days ago, and I've been checking to see if my class was finally ready to take and it still says its a future enrollment, and I don't know how to access it. Please help. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I as instructor, upload a student's late assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to change the picture on my course/dashboard

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I review my teachers comments in graded assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class closed and I am trying to add an end of course survey.  I can not figure it out.

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

INSTRUCTORS: Students submitted Word documents under ASSIGNMENTS. I can see if somebody submitted an assignment LATE, but the date and time of the submission is not showing. How can I find this information? (This information is shown automatically be...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  A game-changer for me would be an option to require students to complete quizzes with multiple attempts as a prerequisite to taking the final, graded quiz. The idea is that students MUST do the practice (homework) before being able to unlock ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access student feedback on a course?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there. I`m just starting to set a course up, and have been given a template to use. Which is all good. im wondering how to delete a video from the template. Any advice would be grateful.Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to move downloaded files from an old class to a new class? Even better would be to also be able to move homework assignments from the old to the new. Looking forward to a response. Katherine

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not understanding why I can't access the lockdown browser and I have a exam due tonight by 12 midnight

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there some way  for students to upload documents to Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I have a very important course downloaded as a moodle file, after leaving my last institution.  It is too large to upload to canvas, so I cannot access the course to make changes to it, hopefully deleting some things to make it smaller.  Since...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I search my class that I registered for?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies