Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Could you please advise if the following reports can be generated easily by default or will it need to be coded in or set up by Canvas team? We are looking for ideally a one-click solution (if not then a simple solution) where we don't need to manual...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can test excused as a what if grade? I have tried putting in EX but that won't work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I Upload multiple files together in dropbox?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I generate a list of students who did (or did not do) assigned peer reviews?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I unhide an assignment? there is an orange oval with the word Hidden under the grade box in assignment view (submission)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like thisdoes anyone know how to fix it

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We used moderation to do pilot marking for our Year 12 essays. After marking we had to release the marks to the students, but in doing so the selections made in the rubric have vanished? This means all the hard work in selecting specific criteria tha...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The colors available for course shells are very limited. Is there a master list of color codes (numbers) that I can access? If not, how can I add colors like red, yellow, etc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am teaching a wintermester and just checked the registration. In Canvass,my course appears as two courses: three students registered as GIA 6144 CRN40325; and three appear as a second course as PSCI 6144 CRN 40324. Thesesix students are all in the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have read some Canvas threads on “Weighted Grades” and am still confused.  I have an an assignment group, Exams, that is set to a weight of 50% and has a rule “Drop lowest 1.”  As an example, assume there were 3 exams. Each exam has a different ‘to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Can you sort the grading columns based on the categories?  Like all of the tests are next to each other, all of the assignments are grouped together, all of the quizzes are grouped together?  I know it can be done by date, but I would prefer to see i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Im using safari and I'm not able to see my classes it seems like its loading but never loads. i see the home page where all my cards/classes show up but there is only the outline of the cards. I am running the newest version available for safari. Thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon team,Since the start of Thanksgiving break I have been unable to access the files on canvas for my classes on my Mac but I can access them on my phone or ipad. Would you be able to help?-Gregory

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I record a video on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

import from another canvas class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I get a course shell to start building a course in

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the conference line that is used when clicking 'join using you phone' a toll-free number? Or will participants be charged long distance rates?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon all,I know this has been asked before but I am looking for a solution that does not involve manually adjusting the permissions of a user in a course.If I (sys admin) or another instructor cross-lists 2 courses, students in one section ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have occasional quizzes that need to be added to the gradebook that are not regular assignments.  How can I add new columns directly into the gradebook page such as is possible with Blackboard?Having to go into "assignments," add one and then go ba...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For our midterms and finals we are required to submit a "hard copy." Is there a way to print what I've spent hours working on? New Quizzes does not have a "print" feature. Also, screenshotting each question is not acceptable. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I go to canvas, and go to quizzes, but there's not any option to star the quiz.  Most quizzes have a "Start test button" but there's a few that don't. (I need help figuring this out)

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  @william_diehl ‌,                             I was going through this question Names and Roles Provisioning user_id and am using (Names and Role - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation ) api to retrieve user_id value  but while following flow mentio...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I submit more than one file to the same assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course has a number of "mini-tests" designed to encourage students to get started with their textbook reading on time. If they manage to score 95% on such a test (after a limited number of trials) they get a small bonus addition to their exam resu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi AllI am having trouble finding the multiple dropdown quiz question in the new quiz settings, I had no problems finding it in the old quiz settings.I have attached the questions types available in the new quiz format but no idea which one is the mu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have Zoom LTI Pro integrated into Canvas. When I schedule a Zoom meeting as an admin for a course I don't see the meeting in the my calender. How do I link my Zoom meetings to my calender? What am I missing?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am interested in making a disclosure widget for a page in IvyLearn. I noticed there is an HTML editor option but after inputting the code, it seems to not run properly on IvyLearn even though the code works fine elsewhere.I have a series of images ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students need to achieve 60/100 to pass an assignment - how do I add this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-01-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I deleted attendance in my grade book by mistake.  How do I put attendance back into my grade book?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I do not have a submit button on my self assessment in class. How to I get a submit button.Tina

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies