Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I would like to make up a way for students to self grade themselves and receive the points they choose. Is there a way to do this?ex. questionPlease mark the time range you completed the one mile run.a) <7:30 minutes (male) OR <9:00 minutes (female)b...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been trying to perform an originality check and it has not been generating a preview. It just says "issue summary". Is there anything someone can do to help? I really want to check the originality before submitting my paper.--Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want students not to see the Syllabus created by Canvas, so I want to mute it.  How do I do that?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone, When I email my students using the function on Canvas and add an attachment, my students report that the document is unpublished so they cannot open it. Is there something I am missing when I upload an attachment? How do I ensure they ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

every link other than syllabus are blank, there is nothing to click on 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, How are you? I just bought a new crome book and I dont Know How to use it. I will need to use WiFi at school. what can I do ?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to setup modules, so I can have release dates on my Unit and Lesson level?  Here is my structure:Unit 1>Lesson 1>>learning activities>>assignments>Lesson 2>>learning activities>>assignmentsI  have setup Unit # and Lesson # as modules, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I import a .doc test bank into Canvas without having to copy/paste each individual question and answer?It seems Canvas will only allow test banks in QTI format or from another LMS.Our institution does not have Respondus (which I have heard do...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need it for my class starting soon, it was there like 5 minutes ago and now gone.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am unable to open canvas in my google chrome, I just see a ghost of my courses , how can I fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to edit parameters (dates, points, submission details) for a group of assignments at once?  Right now I open each assignment individually, set parameters, save and close and then go to the next one. Wondered if there is a way to see al...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I AM TRYING TO PUT A GOOGLE SLIDE PRESENTATION ON TO A PAGE AS PART OF A LESSON PLAN FOR EASY ACCESS FOR ME AND FOR STUDENTS THAT MAY BE ABSENT, SO THEY CAN STILL TAKE NOTES AND NOT GET BEHIND.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know I can embed h5p content into Canvas. But then the results won't be tracked from the students. I need the results because I want to make a mastery path. Students shouldn't be allowed to do the next assignment until they get enough points on the...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have used different browers and it continues to say minimum requirements isn't met. I dont know what else to do, please help!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the Video and Transcripts seems to be in bit LY which doesn't work in China. Also any content in youtube or Google will not work .Is there any other way to access these video and files ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My county has been using Powerschool Learning for the past several years. Is there a way to convert the Powerschool Learning Pages to Canvas? I have spent countless hours creating these  classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When you have a weighted category such as quizzes and the weight is 30% and you want another weight within the 30%; how can this be done.For example: the final exam is 30% and you want to add another grade to be 5% of that 30%???TY,Vanessa

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you merge two courses together on canvas??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New here.Can/how is one able to upload test/quiz questions?T/Q format needed?How does one make a test bank of questions so random questions can be drawn for a test?aside - miss Bb

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I delete old Canvas courses I no longer need?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I have created a New Quiz but I cannot see an option to assign it to my students when it is eventually imported into a live course. I recall seeing the assign section when I started to build the course, but there were no learners in that versio...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How to insert a link to a page?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to edit midterm scores so they could be seen but did not impact student quarter averages.Quiz was inadvertently deleted, thinking Paperscorer would still have the original.Students have already filled in the answer, bubble sheet.  Is there a w...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

It appears that Student Resources is a set Navigation Item in Canvas. I've tried going to Settings > Navigation and removing it there, but it isn't listed. I've also searched within the Admin Tools and Settings and can't seem to find how to remove it...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you set up discussions that are graded with a range?

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, how do you add an instructor to be able to accept the invite to log in and teach a class? Thanks

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am due to run out of time in JUNE 2020 and I am struggling through these modules, but I am getting great learning.  My student success advocate has not been returning or answering my calls

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When you ask Canvas to automatically shift the dates, what are the best practices for which dates you choose? I'll explain:Our courses open to students a week before the course starts and any assignments are due. During this week, instructors do have...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies