Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi all,I need to make audio files available to my students on quizzes but I can't have them downloading those audio files.  How do I do that?   I can do it for assignments but quizzes force students to download the audio files onto their computers.  ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If i post an assignment for online submission, for a letter grade, will the students automatically get an F grade if there is no submission after the due date?This appears to be happening, and I am hoping to understand what is causing the F grade to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is the group number being change from string to number and now back to string? I have a script that reads the submitted files names and creates TA grading groups. For the past two years, I've had to edit my code to accommodate the number group nu...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a faculty who is using Quizzes for an exam that only has open-ended questions (5 Qs). I want to make sure they are prepared for any technical issues that may arise. The key one I'm trying to find out is how often, if at all, does Canvas auto s...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm working with a school district that is adopting Canvas for the 20-21 school year. The building principals are wanting some course examples that would help them design a course for their staff. Can anyone direct me to some good resources for this?...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I imported some assignments from another course and now they are in my imported assignments of the course I am creating. However, I am having a hard time moving an imported assignment into a Module. I have moved the imported assignment into my ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My announcements won't open up in my canvas under my course name? What to do?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am in early childhood.  I was las in school in 1996 so this is all new to me.  I saw where assignments can be resubmitted?  I got off to a late and confused start.  Is there a way canvas has a "how to" basic guide for newbies?  I see late, missing,...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just testing out the new content editor - it seems it is no longer possible to use an image as a link??? You are required to enter text before you can save any changes and this simply overwrites the image - please tell me that isn't intentional???

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am creating a fax template, the fax template required for this assignment is not available to me. the instructions say that it can be found in the student data file (SIM) How do I find this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi team,I have noticed these two related bits of information on the Canvas Community:This page says that the "New Quizzes" function will replace the classic Quiz function in 2020: What is New Quizzes? This page says that surveys are not included in N...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

can I delete a course

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

我可否在中國內地使用CANVAS呢?Can I use CANVAS in China?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between Google Drive LTI and Google Drive as a registered service?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need students to be able to enter numerical answers that are very small in quizzes. The site keeps rounding my answer down to 0 if I have anything smaller than 0.00005. Am I doing something wrong? Why can't canvas handle small numbers? There must b...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't you search for your assignments from any date? If you improved and did that you would get a lot more people ,don't get me wrong, Canvas is awesome but that would make Canvas even awesome-er!!!            #That Would Be Awesome!!!           ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I switch a student from one class to another?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is it possible to 'force password change' when learners log in for the first time? (I know how to change passwords as both a teacher and user.) 

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a discussion that 5 people can talk in but the entire group can see it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have added a weekly participation score.  I have entered in all of the scores and even when there is a score it is showing up as a missing assignment on the student end.  How can I fix this?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I print my 1098-T form? From 2019?Olivia Osterbrink

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't figure out how to enter it

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Moodle, my students were able to flagged questions that were graded incorrectly and I was able to make a final decision on the grade. These flags would appear when opening the graded item from the gradebook and I could view all the items for the e...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to annotate a PDF file in an assignment from Browser in a PC as submit?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am taking the upcoming selection test, this Saturday, for Psychology. The problem is that my Modules won't open anymore and this way I can't prepare myself for the test. It would be great if I could get a quick response. Thank you in advance, D...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't I edit/proof students' entries on Db just like I would in an assignment that they turn in?  My expectations for Db entries are high and it would be helpful for me to show them what they are doing wrong- or right!thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I get Canvas to let a student retake a quiz that ended prematurely?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I open MyEnglishLab in my Canvas class?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So, when I want to move a question in a quizz and want to use the "move" option vs. the "drag" option, when I go to "move" and see the list of question, none of them have a question number so how am I supposed to indicate which question I want to mov...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies