Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you remove media from a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you delete a video embedded in a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-22-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create things, like pages, in more than one class at a time?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm attempting to use the SIS Import utility to import a list of new users. However, I intentionally left of the user's SISID. I assumed this can be done because we regularly manually add users without specifying a SISID. Though there is conflicting ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove the course from my Dashboard?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get the same sequencing from MC Questions setting under Quizzes function?  Our teacher requested from same sequencing for all students.  But I try to Group the question, I can review types of Group is in the same sequencing.  However, quest...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Excuse How to close the second lesson in front of the student to pass the exam of the first lesson by 75% How is it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need to submit an assignment but do not know how.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Community,I was hoping I could get some insight from those out there that use Canvas (and external tools) to teach Chinese Mandarin (in High School).Our teacher is quite traditional in the practice of teaching a scripted language (still mostly pap...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,How should I check my grads assignment list  are published correctly and students can access  and see  their grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I lock the groups once the students deadline for forming groups is due? So they cannot keep hopping in and out of groups

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently had an instructor ask how he could get students to see these two screens.  These screens are the flyout you get when clicking on a student name from Grades, and the other is the new analytics page.     I've had a few requests recently that...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've had one major issue with the Canvas gradebook for years, which is that I cannot hide the total percentages for a given assignment group. I (like many instructors I know) use a total points based system, and do not use percentages or weighting fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 12 Likes
  • 30 Replies

How do I save questions from an existing quiz to a question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I get a number of job and internship opportunities in my email inbox, and I'd love an easy way to share them with students without spamming their email. Is it possible to forward emails from outside Canvas into a dedicated (e.g. job board) Discussion...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to give students the OPTION of submitting an electronic file on-line or a paper copy in class, for an assignment.  How can I choose 2 or more submission options when creating an assignment in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Treat grades as 0 option is not on my version. Help! I am wanting to determine the total points for the semester.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add modules and course content to a spring 2020 course, but when I click on the 'modules' link nothing comes up (and no link to add a file).  Same with the 'files' link.  Is it not possible to work on a spring course in the fall semest...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make an assignment "extra credit" so it count ONLY if the student completes it but does NOT hurt the grade if they do not?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students who are absent for more than four or five days are allowed to remain in the program. Is this school policy?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add new items to my Gradebook without having to import and export a csv?  Also, how can I set a gradebook category (like exams) to automatically drop the lowest grade or two grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a calendar event to schedule writing conferences.  Is there a way I can make appointments for some students?  I have students who have been unable to schedule on their own and ask me to reserve a time for them.  It does not seem like I am a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-18-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the knowledge check for 4.1 Binary Number System, CPE-CIDSE-101, I came cross a question that asks the 8-bit binary representation of decimal value 45,  the correct answer provided is 0b 00101101  which is confusing.Can anybody help? Thanks.YUxin

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am getting my car serviced and waiting here at the Lexus dealer working on their computer.   I can get onto myu.umn. edu but cannot get to Canvas because they want a chrome browser.   I downloaded as instructed  but I cannot tell what browser I am ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have lost my current class information. All that dashboard shows is my upcoming spring c;asses. How can i restore the current fall class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to hide/show a LTI tool at "account level" based on which role a user have?We are planning on have a custom role "employee" which should enable the user to run a LTI tool and we would like to hide the tool for students.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm wondering if there is a way I can leave a course if I'm an instructional librarian in said course? I have more access and abilities to many things that the students don't, but I can't see anything that would allow me to leave.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A significant amount of real estate on the Gradebook web page is now being occupied by a notice that the Gradebook will be changing January 18, 2020.  Is there a way to get rid of this space wasting message?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like  to send the same message at once to everyone under the people tab. They are listed individually.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

what the heck is "no answer, text provided" on an exam question ???? i started my exam and the 2nd question had that as an answer choice and the next question had the phrase for 2 choices.  I dont see anywhere I can enter my own answer.  I had to lea...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies