Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I import a new outline from SEAMS to Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My courses aren't coming up on my dashboard, there are two boxes flickering grey.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When a student misses I class, and they send me an email request, I will send them an electronic copy of the Lecture Notes Sheets for that day. However, when I attach the file (stored on my computer), Canvas renames the file by adding a number. For e...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I unreport a profile picture i accidentally reported?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students accessing a course but its contents is greyed out and have no interaction. I suspect that once a teacher or convenor is also assigned to this course, the students will then have full access to the course content and interactivity........

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here's what we want. Is this possible?One course with many sections. Each section has its own teacher. Each teacher can:email just her sectionmute/unmute just his sectioncontrol grades for just her sectionThanks,Melanie

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When a number of students submit their assignments to me I get a access denied message. I request access and the student gives it to me. I am having to have students do this for every assignment. How can I make sure I have access to every students su...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I use Roll Call Attendance in my Gradebook on Canvas. Is it possible for students to see what days they have been marked present or absent? As far as I can tell, students can only see their overall attendance score, not their marks for individual cla...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I try to generate a question with a formula, in the step to define the formula I keep getting the following error message: "expecting a value at 1, got a equals". In Excel the formula works without fault. What does this error mean? What am I doing wr...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My calendar is empty and is not linking to any of my courses even though students have signed up for a time with me in one of the courses. I am designated as a "teacher" in that course though I am not the creator of it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having issues accessing a lot of content on canvas - pretty much all of the videos and coursework. I'm having trouble getting anyone to sort out this issues, and classes have already begun. Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Why is it that when I bring up my math lab it is not the right date on it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have manually migrated several banks of questions from old quiz to new quizzes.  I knew how to assign an outcome to an entire bank in old quizzes, but how can I assign an outcome to the entire item bank in new quizzes?  I know how to assign the ou...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At first Roll Call was not working at all. It would allow me to take attendance but nothing would show up in the gradebook under the Roll Call Attendance heading. We reset the course and now it shows the attendance for only 2 students. When I click o...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Please disregard.I'm trying to locate and post the murderball video for an online class but cannot find it anywhere. Do we have a vault where commonly viewed videos are stored?Thanks,Professor Wallace

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I enable announcements? It is currently disabled and I cannot change it.

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see a very small photo in the top right of speedgrader.  It's just too small to be useful.  Does anyone know if it can be made larger.  Ideally I think there would be a large photo pop-up when I roll over the small one (or some other zoom button).I...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

where can I locate this resource -- making-canvas-pages-look-great-html-for-non-techies#

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I am trying to create an LTI Tool provider integration of our tool for Canvas. However, we seem to have hit the wall when building the registration service. Would be greatly appreciate for any pointers or sample apps that can help us guide through...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have someone at my college who talked with Canvas support and they said that New Quizzes would become the only option for quizzing during this year (2020). Does anyone have any information on that? Thanks for anything you know!

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have access to my instructor's biochemistry course, but when I click the link to his quizzes, the questions do not come up. He thinks its a problem on my end, so what should I do?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Sometimes teachers will submit tickets to me panicking  because students can't access a Page.   Often the issue is that the "Allow in Mastery Paths" checkbox is checked -- and unchecking it solves the problem.   This has happened to me a couple of...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am logged into canvas, and I can check my email, but my classes are not showing up on my dashboard. Until today, there were no problems. Please help. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why doesn't Canvas make it possible to order the announcements manually? When you've copied them from a previous course, they are not changed to the new posting date so are often out of order. Why isn't manual ordering allowed?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What happened to the To-Do calendar option? I use to be able to enter the assignments I wanted to work on and assign that work to my classes (ie color coded to that class). I noticed at the beginning of February that the To-Do option is now gone and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see my courses? I have a class starting on the 15th, Im wondering if its just because the instructor hasnt posted anything or if im not using the right search engine? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I manage multiple sections of a course--a chemistry laboratory. We treat the sections as individual courses in Canvas so that each instructor can send specific announcements, and manage grades separately. I am enrolled as a Designer in sections t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make a video for my students and put that video into an Announcement-email to my students.   Dan

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I couldn't get on the time management interactive on my laptop but I can on the app on my phone the same thing happened with the introduction replies.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I play the video narration submitted in a slide presentation?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies