Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am interested in accessing the EBSCO Host resources for my studies in Leadership and it asks for a password when I attempted to sign in - I don't know where I would find out what the password is?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the new guide book update, there have been A LOT of colors and I like that fact that we can edit the colors; however, I would like to change the color of a late assignment that has been graded to a late assignment that is still pending grading.Is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the new grade book has been updated, if I manually enter a score for a student and they don't physically submit anything (on their end), then it is still marking it missing in their grade book.  Is there any way to change this? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Please omit previous question on change title name in Canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to make my course site for this semester -- based on last semesters's course infoI do this each semester -- but can no long find the simple notes on line about how to do that.Can someone point to an easy step by step for this?Thank you. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some students have stated for Spring 2020 semester the following regarding TIMED QUIZZES--->they see the words "time running" but the TIME COUNTDOWN is not displayed even with clicking on SHOW.  Any assistance would be great! Thanks, Susan

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As TAs, we are added in groups automatically, and we get every announcements of each group. However, we do not want to receive that notifications. What should we do to unsubscribe those notifications or to remove us in groups?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I add myself as a student in group project?  I saw "student" in the list of my student names when I created the groups but I did not think to add myself to a group.  Now I no longer see "student" as an option.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Even after publishing my threaded discussion topic it still doesn't show up on my weekly course modules, why?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn on discussions so students can see them?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am able to edit text boxes already submitted when marking at UH. I’m now trying to mark on an ipad but I cant open text etc boxes or highlight etc, all the functions don’t work. Is there a way to get them to?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why did my classroom just disappear. It seams I was dropped but I just started and I don’t understand there was no warning

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I log into Canvas and when I choose a class to view material, none of the content appears on my account

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just sent a message where a student accepted an email invite to get started and enroll and the page is missing the green I'M A STUDENT button.  I also wanted to add that it is missing the I'm a parent option below as well.  There is only the blue '...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I sent my student an email invitation.  They hit 'get started' and it took them to a registration page that has the blue 'I'm a teacher' button but not the green 'I'm a student' button.  Can you help me?  Much appreciated - Kevin Doner

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Support Team, When I go into Canvas, all I see on my dashboard are flashing "ghost" icons, and I can't get into my course site. Amy

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school is migrating from Blackboard to Canvas and I have been looking for a way to import question pools into Canvas from a spreadsheet (actually a comma-delimited text file created from an Excel spreadsheet) in the way that Blackboard supported: ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to find speed grader in new grade book?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add an Admin to the CommRadio Canvas site?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was to take a quiz in my ENG Comp class and when I turned on to take quiz , it showed I took test and was graded. I never took the quiz. Can you help

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you use a lock down browser with the new quizzes?

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who does not go by her legal name.  How can I use a preferred name so that it shows up in discussions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a 2-week Canvas course last year with a partner.  This year I (alone) have to extend that 2-week lesson to 4  weeks.  Is there a way I can block this course so that the previous partner cannot go into it and delete or make changes.  And, ca...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

the file corrupt and cannot be opened.when I want to do my assignment (Excel)

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I got invited to join a class on canvas. I did not press the accept button, but I clicked on the course to see what it was. It turns out, this course is related to another group I am involved with and I'm technically supposed to be taking it, but my ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies