Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

MY AP SCORES AREN'T SHOWING UP BUT THEY WERE SENT TO FSU IN JUNE.  WHAT DO I DO?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can get onto canvas on safari (have an iPhone) but I go to use the exact same credentials for the app says isn’t found  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In my collage course we do journal entries, the format is by using discussions, the main post is the question and the replies are the answers to the question. The discussion gets locked on the due date so no more replies can be made. on one day I was...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students are complaining that they are being bumped out of their revision quizzes before they have finished. this is well before the time limit is up and before the end date. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have Canvas free version for Teachers. I am trying to upload a course I exported from a different Canvas a couple of years ago. When I go to import it times out. The zipped imscc file is under the allocated 250mb, not sure what I am doing wrong? Se...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not a fan of the new grading policy that Canvas thought would be great to implement. It is more complicated and confusing and has caused more issues than it is worth. Besides the fact when we import grades from an outside entity Canvas marks EVE...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello!Our school use Canvas LMS. I am thinking to redesign the glossary page (which is currently in basic text format, long and dry) to interactive page. I know how to make it within Storyline/PPT, but since the words are soooo many (21 words begin w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In lockdown browser students are not supposed to be able to get out of the quiz, but when they click on a picture I have put in from flickr it takes them to flickr.  Can they then get to other sites from the flickr tab?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to attach a rubric to the assignment so I can just click their scores. I know how to do it when I do an online submission.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is a quiz no longer showing in my gradebook. Is there a way to find this quiz and the gradebook results that were originally there? I was working within my calendar earlier and I am hoping I did not delete this quiz by accident. Thanks for any ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I open Speed Grader to grade an assignment, I can click the student field in the top right corner to access a drop down menu of all students. The ungraded students have an orange dot next to their names and the graded students have a green check...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What does the "Spaceship" symbol mean when it appears in the Canvas Grade Book ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am currently one of several instructors in a course and I want to leave it.  Unfortunately the guy who built the course has left the company.  My boss is currently the course designer (in another state) and he's super busy/can't figure out how to d...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have exam from previous course that I would like to use some of the questions in another class .How do I get the exams  to the question bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Har problem att navigera och se allt i Canvas. Har apple-grejer, dator, ipad och iphone. Förstår att det kan synas mer i datorn än i apparna men ser faktiskt minst där. Se bifogade bilder. Tack för snabb hjälp![telephone number redacted by the Commun...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a student from my grade book???

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I should know this (and I think I do), but confirming since our Canvas admin is out on medical: We have a department that is purchasing Respondus. Since they are bearing the cost of the licensing we only want to surface the tool in their courses. Can...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Zijn modules effectief modules of worden deze als lessen aanzien?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are perpetually "forgetting" their passwords - yet swear up and down that they are entering the correct password. They use the Free Canvas Accounts version and did not add an email to their accounts (it was not required at initial set up)...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dropped a course a couple weeks ago, and I was a part of 2 separate courses for this course because I had a discussion section. I dropped the course, and the discussion section course was removed from canvas, but it did not automatically remove the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way we can create a quiz offline and have the file uploaded later?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have staff asking about the possibility of having individual marking guidelines attached to each question. Anyone else come across this request or see the need for it?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who is using groups in her course and has discussion questions. She has 3 groups setup.The problem is that the groups are seeing the post from other groups. I masqueraded as a student in the Purple group and she was able to see a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have an instructor whose quiz, which all students took and received grades for, has completely disappeared from her course. When we tried the undelete feature, the quiz isn't even listed in the history. This probably because she didn't delete the q...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Cannot see my grades 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a student edit a text entry. If the students are typing answers into a text entry box and they click submit but want to go back and edit, what is the best way to do that.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you could have any 3 Canvas Features, what would they be?For me it would be:1. The option to undo course imports2. The option for the +People button to always be enabled for admins despite a course being concluded3. The option to create columns in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I would like to create a question bank for a course, so that I can create multiple and diverse quizzes

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assign homeworks that are built using Canvas quizzes.  Students have unlimited attempts, highest grade counts.  After the due date, all the correct answers are revealed. However, after the due date, I want them to be able to continue to go into the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to assign "quizzes" to my some of my students as a way to provide more challenging questions to those who wish to have them. Is there are way that I can do that without having to go through an excuse the assignment for those who are not partic...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies