Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, We have courses with multimedia content provided by Kaltura, and some users who only have iPads at their disposal. Users have recently been experiencing error messages in the courses- where videos are embedded, they see an error about the bro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, does the Edu App Center whitelist token propagate from the production site to the test site and is it OK to use the same token across the two instances? Thanks Fred

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I did my LUOA lesson as normal. I read, took notes, and then did the review questions. I turned in my answers, but it wouldn't let me see what was correct/incorrect. It says that I cannot view the answers until I take the review for the second time. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Whatever the question type, images won't upload to the New Quiz. The error message we get is "issue uploading file". This happens whether uploading to a Hot Spot question type or, say, to the rich text editor of a multi-choice question. Any id...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am a teacher and I have about 14 classes on my dashboard. The problem is, I can't seem to access all my classes on the Calendar page. I think the limit is set to 10 calendars by default? I want to set events and reminders for the other classes ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was told by other faculty members to allow my students to take the SEI survey. I'm not able to find it on my courses' homepages. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you change the wording of recent canvas notifications and the look to reflect what our institution represents? For example 'Your instructor has released....' is both incorrect and misleading for our parents. We don't have instructors and the link...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you delete comments in the grade book once they are saved?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-04-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason I can no longer download files from my site, where I am Instructor, or others in which I am a Student. I get the message "download disabled" and only get a file preview. What do I do to reset this feature?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I download student assignments from a course that is completed? My students do part 1 of a case study in their Clinical 1 course and part 2 in their Clinical 2 course. I usually download part 1 for students that don't remember to save them how...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does any of this apply to "New Quiz" Quizzes Quiz Log Auditing Instructors can view progress logs for students in their course quizzes. This feature is designed to help instructors investigate problems that a student may have in the quiz.   Quiz L...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2019 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have four separate courses for a year and some of the rubrics are reused within all courses. Is there a way to create a central rubric depository that I can access without having to wonder where the rubric is in several courses?  Kind of like the F...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to change the order of files in discussion

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Wondering if anyone has changed the default for the Modules page and Assignments page to have everything collapsed at initial opening rather than expanded.  We've quite a few modules and the page is really long when everything is expanded, so want to...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello -  I recently assigned a discussion post with a peer review.  I should be able to see a student's own submission and peer review on one page, and for some students, I can: However, some students don't show a peer review, even though they com...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to make "branching" part of a quiz? For example, if student chooses a, go to question 2 but if they choose b, skip to question 5. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I received the following email from a teacher: "Last year when I would input grades into canvas, I was able to do it extremely quickly. I would click on a cell type the grade and move on. This year, when I click on a cell it takes forever before i ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I exclude a student from peer review who is no longer enrolled, but is still in the roster?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have created a Rubric that other instructors in our group are interested in using in their class. Can I share my Rubric with them or do they need to re-create it over again?  #RubricSharing #Rubric #Sharing #SharingRubric 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An example: Can I prevent instructors from adding undergraduate students to a course #in a role where they would have access to grades, in violation of FERPA?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that I can see the date that I unmuted an assignment's grades? Thanks in advance, Lesley

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Who all is allowed to see my published files in my unfiled folder?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently added the apps GeoGebra and Graph Builder to my Canvas course. Only the latter then becomes included as an External Tool. I much prefer the former (especially for the sliders). I see only one question posted related to this from over...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to see how many students and which students viewed an #Announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How come after I log into the canvas I can not get the classes to pop up?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to download the lockdown browser but multiple pages will not open. I have refreshed and it is not helping.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After grading a submission with the rubric the grade does not automatically populate to the box above the rubric to record the grade. How can this be changed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have a problem with the website canvas. It is not working properly, I am using this time a MacBook Pro and can't find my classes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to input grades but have a rocket in the column I want to input grades in. It won’t take the grade?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies