Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I want to have group discussions go to the main thread of the discussion. This works for some groups, but not others. For example, some groups are able to post directly to the main thread, and others are only able to post to their group. So, all grou...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i get a browser that is compatible with the respondus lock down

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I see my grades for last semester?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Guidelines and tips to reach out to schools about observing the classroom

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I embed a video into Canvas so that my students can access, as they cannot get to YouTube through Hilliard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'll conduct a writing workshop for a course and need students to sign up (limited space). Can I do this on Canvas and how? Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have the ability to house student data for administrative purposes? For example, all students have a personal file that can be searched by name, student ID, email. Their student profile would include data from the registrar (contact info....

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My course is published, individual assignments are published, but the 'Assignment' section is disabled so students still can't see anything in assignments. . Don't remember how to make it no longer disabled.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi allBy mistake I removed a user from a section and unfortunately this removed the user from the course.  Is there any way possible to recover the users work he submitted.  I do not want to enrol him on the course again so he has to submit his work ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a student who cannot see their second semester math courses in Canvas?His settings are correct.What do I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I'm using the canvas-data-sdk to download canvas data.  When I download data from various dumps via```canvas-data -c config.yml unpack-dump-files```I don't ever see the "requests" table.  Is this table not part of the daily dump?  How do I go abou...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm using the canvas-data-sdk package to download Canvas data via its API in Python.  I've been using the following commands:```canvas-data -c config.yml list-dumps # lists the daily dumpscanvas-data -c config.yml unpack-dump-files # download the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there anyone out there using synoptic assessment and if so how do you manage this within Canvas?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I use the syllabus feature? Why can't I just upload my syllabus under "syllabus"?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

students say they have not received any of my emails or announcements. how do I fix this? how do I publish a class?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the bigbluebutton to join a chat?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have to take an orientation quiz with 10 questions/1st orientation module. When I look at those questions I don`t know answers on many of them I understand I miss information somewhere but I dont know where to look up for that info. I am lost and c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students can't see their course even though I have the dates correct and have a green published check showing published.  Please advise.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that when I enrolled in the class her name shows as her email address instead of the students actual name. This messes up the grade book. how do I fix it?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I need to adjust anything in my settings on my MAC computer in order to view all the course content in Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Taking course online and overseas, could the internet network I am on in South Korea be preventing me from viewing items in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

why does student view of assignments have a different order than instructor view?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My organization makes external pages to supplement online courses on canvas. We are thinking of making an LTI to inject these static sites into the courses and be able to pass back a grade for completion. That would be an average of 8 static sites pe...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,my Canvas calendar feed into Google Calendar displays correctly, but any subsequent update (say, due date of an assignment) does NOT update on Google. i've tried more than one browser, computer, cleared cache (none of these ought to be an issue...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can i enroll into a course or get registered for a course. in my ladok account, my course is coming as upcoming but not letting me select or register it. in my canvas account, it says not courses registered yet. I have attached screen shot for yo...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My courses are not visible in the Dashboard? please help 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need help with my Meet the Instructor page (on the home page), It shows my photo and mini bio, But my photo doesn't show on the student's view when they click to meet the instructor, ???

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When will the schedule pop up in canvas for returning students, or will we have to do the canvas student resources again? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies