Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Good afternoon team,Since the start of Thanksgiving break I have been unable to access the files on canvas for my classes on my Mac but I can access them on my phone or ipad. Would you be able to help?-Gregory

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I record a video on canvas.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

import from another canvas class

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I get a course shell to start building a course in

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the conference line that is used when clicking 'join using you phone' a toll-free number? Or will participants be charged long distance rates?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon all,I know this has been asked before but I am looking for a solution that does not involve manually adjusting the permissions of a user in a course.If I (sys admin) or another instructor cross-lists 2 courses, students in one section ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have occasional quizzes that need to be added to the gradebook that are not regular assignments.  How can I add new columns directly into the gradebook page such as is possible with Blackboard?Having to go into "assignments," add one and then go ba...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For our midterms and finals we are required to submit a "hard copy." Is there a way to print what I've spent hours working on? New Quizzes does not have a "print" feature. Also, screenshotting each question is not acceptable. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I go to canvas, and go to quizzes, but there's not any option to star the quiz.  Most quizzes have a "Start test button" but there's a few that don't. (I need help figuring this out)

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi  @william_diehl ‌,                             I was going through this question Names and Roles Provisioning user_id and am using (Names and Role - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation ) api to retrieve user_id value  but while following flow mentio...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I submit more than one file to the same assignment?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course has a number of "mini-tests" designed to encourage students to get started with their textbook reading on time. If they manage to score 95% on such a test (after a limited number of trials) they get a small bonus addition to their exam resu...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi AllI am having trouble finding the multiple dropdown quiz question in the new quiz settings, I had no problems finding it in the old quiz settings.I have attached the questions types available in the new quiz format but no idea which one is the mu...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have Zoom LTI Pro integrated into Canvas. When I schedule a Zoom meeting as an admin for a course I don't see the meeting in the my calender. How do I link my Zoom meetings to my calender? What am I missing?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am interested in making a disclosure widget for a page in IvyLearn. I noticed there is an HTML editor option but after inputting the code, it seems to not run properly on IvyLearn even though the code works fine elsewhere.I have a series of images ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Students need to achieve 60/100 to pass an assignment - how do I add this?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I deleted attendance in my grade book by mistake.  How do I put attendance back into my grade book?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I do not have a submit button on my self assessment in class. How to I get a submit button.Tina

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I see the records of a students who dropped my class and is no longer on my Canvas roster? If so, how? Thanks for any leads.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you drop the lowest grade in a group?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Giphy not moving on dashboard.  It works under the settings where I added it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have journal entries each lesson week. My students only have to submit 4 journal entries for the entire semester valued at 5 points each, for a total of 20 points in the semester (20% of their overall grade). I have made the journal entries for eac...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to have an efficient way to provide differentiated instruction to my high school classes. I assign many assignments throughout the year to my high school classes, around 100-120 assignments per year. I would like to provide differentiate...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The student in question mistakenly opened the quiz, did not answer any questions, closed it quickly but the system gave the student a zero.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i want to re submit an assignment, i already submitted one sometime ago re submit  i cannot how to proceed then as the expired day is tomorrow 2nd of December. @

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure where to direct my question.  I am supposed to take a ProctorU exam however when I ran the equipment test I am getting a message that my device is failing the upload speed.  Can anyone guide me on where to get help with this issue? Thank...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For a major assignment, I checked repeatedly if the assignment I was submitting was the correct file. I even used the "view" feature to confirm,  yet the file In Canvas shows an outdated file.  This screenshot is what I mean by the view feature. Help...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a major assignment and the product that was submitted was an incomplete version. Knowing it was a major assignment, I checked if the file was correct and updated.  When I viewed the file like in the screenshot, everything in my file was c...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I posted a couple of documents. I want to see which students opened the document on Canvas. I was searching Analytics to see how to do this. Is there a way to see the activity around a document in modules?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I see what courses I have completed. I know I did 3-4 modules about 2 months ago and haven't logged in in awhile. Now I can't see any of the completed courses so I don't know which ones I have done. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies