Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When you import a course you can easily get hundreds of files - I'd like to easily remove those that are not being accessed from within the course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i delete a course i started to create but decide not to continue?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I import IMS QTI 1.2 to New Quiz?  QTI 1.1.3 does not work.  A lot of LMS support IMS QTI 1.2, does Canvas allow the New Quiz to work with IMS QTI 1.2 file import? If yes, How?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an admin create a master portfolio structure that is copied to other student users?  Then allowing each student to start with an organized portfolio to add their individual data.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have marked English language course essays in Word because the speed grader is not sufficiently equipped for correcting foreign students' essays in English. Is there a way to return these essays in the zip file, or do I have to return each essay in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how do i upload a photo to my discussion reply in my humanities class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,  We are running an ongoing S.A. course and have different sections (for different years or semesters). Is it possible to conclude sections without concluding a course? Our course does not have an end date. We are trying to save time by avoidin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas community, We have an instructor who created a group assignment (thinking this would help him assign different date times to different students) for oral presentations in a French class. Unfortunately, this means (of course) that each s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I do Zoom class meetings. I was wondering how I can check when a student accesses recordings of Zoom class meetings besides through Course Statistics?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you add a preview to a document link in an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We sync our grades from Canvas to PTP. At this moment teachers are having to go into Q1 and UNsync all Q1 assignments so that Q2 assignments will sync properly. If they do not toggle the Q1 assignments to Unsync, they are receiving an error message t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I find my certificate to download?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want Modules to stand by themselves instead of continuing to the next Module.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

As an instructor, how am I able to view a submitted assignment after it has been graded?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please add a feature that saves progress when creating a quiz before it is finalized. I am very weary from creating quizzes, forgetting to hit one of the dozen or so buttons (or so it seems) to make sure the quiz is complete, and then realize...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A teacher had an old Canvas account that has been recently deleted; however, they still need the Grades from the old Canvas Account. I was able to go into our account test site, find the course and grades. Is there a way to merge those grades into th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

can someone give me few examples please

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I wish there was a way to add a folder for content attached to a student profile that can only be seen by the teacher or TA - such as class observations, biography, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I connect to more than one of my kids? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to use canvas on my iMac not everything on the page will load. I can see the menu but the actual content is just blank. So I can click on modules or grades but the pages are blank. I have a 2012 iMac and have tried in both Firefox and Safa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have already spoken with my professor and I am still officially enrolled in the course, however, the shell of the course is not appearing on my canvas dashboard. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I create a set of assignments

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, How can I talk with someone in the canvas technical support?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I export a class roster with email addresses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a deleted Assignment be recovered? One of our teachers mistakenly deleted it and I would like to recover it (and the associated submissions etc).

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I pull test scores from a test last quarter into this quarter?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded a syllabus into Canvas at the beginning of the semester. I recently changed some requirements and want to upload an updated syllabus. I cannot seem to be able to do this. Can someone tell me how to delete the old syllabus and add the updat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see the assignments on the instructor mode; however, when I switch to student mode, the calendar does not reflect the assignment due dates.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please help!  Hello, would you tell me how to paste a paragraph from my google doc into Canvas?   I want to paste the paragraph under the   Purpose of Instruction that you see on the screenshot. Thanks Sheila [telephone n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi I am having problems logging in study net , although I am using Chrome. Attached is a picture of what I am seeing.Any help on how this can be resolved wil be appreciated . Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-06-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies