Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I add new items to my Gradebook without having to import and export a csv?  Also, how can I set a gradebook category (like exams) to automatically drop the lowest grade or two grades?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a calendar event to schedule writing conferences.  Is there a way I can make appointments for some students?  I have students who have been unable to schedule on their own and ask me to reserve a time for them.  It does not seem like I am a...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the knowledge check for 4.1 Binary Number System, CPE-CIDSE-101, I came cross a question that asks the 8-bit binary representation of decimal value 45,  the correct answer provided is 0b 00101101  which is confusing.Can anybody help? Thanks.YUxin

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am getting my car serviced and waiting here at the Lexus dealer working on their computer.   I can get onto myu.umn. edu but cannot get to Canvas because they want a chrome browser.   I downloaded as instructed  but I cannot tell what browser I am ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have lost my current class information. All that dashboard shows is my upcoming spring c;asses. How can i restore the current fall class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to hide/show a LTI tool at "account level" based on which role a user have?We are planning on have a custom role "employee" which should enable the user to run a LTI tool and we would like to hide the tool for students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm wondering if there is a way I can leave a course if I'm an instructional librarian in said course? I have more access and abilities to many things that the students don't, but I can't see anything that would allow me to leave.

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A significant amount of real estate on the Gradebook web page is now being occupied by a notice that the Gradebook will be changing January 18, 2020.  Is there a way to get rid of this space wasting message?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like  to send the same message at once to everyone under the people tab. They are listed individually.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

what the heck is "no answer, text provided" on an exam question ???? i started my exam and the 2nd question had that as an answer choice and the next question had the phrase for 2 choices.  I dont see anywhere I can enter my own answer.  I had to lea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, What is the canvas transition out process? What format does Canvas give back our courses and student completions in so it can be migrated into another LMS? Is there an easy way or will it need to be done manually? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any thoughts on a scorm course within Canvas that was playing sound though now I am not getting any sound.RegardsPeter

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

We have a student who has a disability. Please advise if a screen reader can be implemented for free and easily for her so that she can navigate and easily see her course on canvas? If yes how and where? Any third party ones? It's urgent. Pls, reply ...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can I view the classes I'm enrolled in and the credits required for each class I'm in?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to find old papers that were submitted in past classes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use Canvas by Instructure through our school district. I use it for various assignments and grades. I then sync those grades to Wazzle Gradebook. However, when Canvas syncs to this Gradebook, it gives the assignments incorrect dates in Gradebook. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How  How do I upload a Power Point to place it in my class under a Module?  THanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who is the best person to speak to regarding my career direction?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the 'ungraded survey' function to allow students to submit a text response to an open-ended prompt. "Question" appears above the text box but that doesn't make sense in the context of the prompt I'm asking them to consider. Whenever I go to...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I allow a student to retake a test?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my discussions visible to my students

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, just like we can see the different types of items or assignments according to grading weight, it would be great if there is a way to see that in the gradebook as well.  Is there a way to do this?  Or must this be submitted as an idea for a featur...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do you attach a power point to an assignment on the discussion board?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does a Teacher print a Classic Quiz.  This is needed for a student with accommodations.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere (I swear I looked everywhere)... In a Canvas Conference can students share their screen?  I just tried this and couldn't find that option for the student, even after giving them presentation controls.  Thanks!

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I message an individual student from within the course in IvyLearn? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I graduated in Aug 2019, since I’m currently not enrolled in classes, I’m unable to study for my state board exam, because it won’t let me in.  I was told I could for 2 years after. Please help. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to turn off spell check when making a Quiz for a spelling test?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, we are looking some expertise from other Canvas users around large Canvas course storage requests.We are getting requests to increase the Canvas storage size to 10GB+ and are concerned that this may cause performance issues from within the course...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi!I´m partially responsible for our learning environment as of now and I have a few questions about canvas in general that I hope to get answered since it´s rather confusing to me right now.1) Our IT Department is in charge of the admin role, but we...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies