Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When attempting to respond to a student conversation from Outlook 365, I am unable to send a response. I was able to last week and now I cannot. Has anyone else experienced this issue this week?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I created a course and mispelled the name of the course, how do I change it? The shortcut is correct but the official name on dashboard is incorrect.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I wanted to know if an administrator can restrict access to a module?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We think we’ve discovered a problem with Outlook 365 (web mail) when trying to reply to students through a Canvas Notification. Something is not allowing the proper formatting for the recipient address in Outlook. Through several back-and-forth conve...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2019 View Solution
  • 18 Likes
  • 37 Replies

Hi Everyone,We (at SDSU) are in the middle of the Canvas pilot and are developing resources to share with our users to help during this potential transition. We wanted to reach out to see if any of the fine community members here have already compile...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When looking at the grades column, it would be a great help to not see unpublished columns.  It's a bit much.  I have included an attachment for viewing purposes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The quarter ended a couple of days ago and now I can't access my students' assignments to continue grading them.  Grades are not due until this Friday, but I can't finish grading.  I also have students still turning in late work.  Is there a way on m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you embed a url so that it opens in Canvas and not an external link?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a couple of questions about Respondus.1. When building a QTI file from an imported Word document, is there a way to include question point values in the Word document, or do you have to enter them manually later on?2. I can't figure out how to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A little context,At our university when a student withdraws from a course their enrollment is marked as 'deleted'. Our financial aid department then needs to use the usage/activity summary to determine the last participation date (this is based on di...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How to enter percent weight for subjects and where is it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey community!Is there any way I can set a survey as mandatory without 'prerequisites'? Maybe there some sort of pop up setting?Thank you very much in advance!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teacher is wanting to keep track of whether students turned work in or not, and has been just setting the point value of each assignment as 0, and then marking things as complete or incomplete.  But because each assignment is worth 0 points, canvas's...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I was wondering if this school has a forensics class

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am still in high school and I just got accepted, and I was wondering why are my couses for college are not showing up? I signed up for Criminal Justice, but I do not have any books or any classes. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know there are many ways to create an extra credit assignment, but I still haven't found one that's a great fit for me. I want to have a discussion forum post that adds as much as an extra point to the student's final average. Could I create it as ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using Blueprint to create hundreds of course sections each session and allow faculty to pull in their own assignments and announcements using Import. We are seeing an increased incidence of faculty importing their entire previous course, rathe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I make it the case that students can see one anothers posts on a discussion forum? The discussion is enabled and visible, but not the subsections of it -- for some reason. Many thanks in advance! Best, Maureen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,i logged on to Canvas, my courses are there, however they are blank. I logged on to my app on my cell phone, and its visible. it's not visible when I'm on my Mac. who can help with this issue? I can't attach my assignments as it's blank.Julia 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I no longer see a course I took in the past

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,We are working on LTI 1.3 implementation. We have deep-linking working and now trying to implement score service. However, we keep getting 500 (Internal Server Error) from the token service. We have followed steps outlined here OAuth2 End...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to upload an assignment to instructor

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was disappointed to learn that the Question Group option in Quizzes chose the questions for the students. I thought the student would be able to choose 1 question from the 4 questions in the Question Group to answer. Is there a way to make this pos...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit assignments to live text

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see the word count on an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i add a gif to an announcement?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you in advance for your support.Today I want to learn how to copy or transfer one module from one class to another.Can I do that without exporting my entire Canvas curriculum?Please let me know.Gracias,Jay Lewenstein

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas won't allow me to access any of my assignments or announcement or anything really. It gives me the options of each of my classes and the classes itself, but thats about it.It won't let me submit anything either. I can't see anything wheneve...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon all,We have multiple sections with some of our courses.  It seems that when an instructor attempts to assign an assignment to one section, Canvas only displays 3 sections initially.  If the section you are looking for is not there, you...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach Geometry and images are typically crucial for a good Geometry test/quiz.  As of now, I've just been avoiding all questions that require a picture.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies