Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

HiWe're struggling with the rubrics feature in Canvas.  We need to be able to grade university assignments where the lecturer would select one and only of the criteria and the grade be awarded on this as a letter grade ONLY.  At the moment this can n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who recently gave a quiz to his students and then realized that there was an errant question on the quiz.  The quiz parameters were 50 questions, 2 points each.  He wishes to throw out the question and have the quiz worth a total...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When using the highlighter feature in speedgrader, the highlighting blocks text and makes whatever is covered illegible.   This is the case in Safari on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone.  If I use Chrome on my Mac, the issue isn't there.  But it does remain ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been having difficulties submitting some of my French speaking assignments. Of late I don't get the option of submitting  the assignment ,what should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you use a spelling and grammar check in speedgrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I post a video? When I hit reply there is no video option. Do I record first?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1st quarter ended today and my students have homework that is due next monday. I posted the assignment on their second quarter course.  The second quarter course is not showing on their side. How do I get the course to show for them?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am conducting a training for college instructors on the use of item statistics to improve grading fairness and improve test quality.  When possible, I am referring to a variety of LMSs since audience members will vary in the products they use.  I w...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students get to skip one of the assignments during the course of the semester. I really only want one 0 dropped for each student. Is there a way to handle this in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-15-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

** Sorry for the long prompt.  I am trying to give as much information ahead-of-time as possible.  The actual question that I have is in bold-green-italicized text in the fourth-to-last paragraph (not including the comment that I made at the end). **...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I messaged the teacher of a class from last quarter but I’m not sure she received my message 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add Fudge Points to an entire class for a quiz?  Or do I have to manually add them in for every student?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-27-2021 View Solution
  • 5 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hello,I have a handful of students who have different accommodations that allow them to take exams for longer periods of time, which necessitates them having a different start time.I understand how to alter the total time available to them (for examp...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello. I have a "Free for Teachers" Account and when trying to register a student on my desktop, I accidentally linked her account to my teacher account because my Canvas Account was logged in. Now I am having trouble unpairing her email login to my ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I could have sworn at InstructureCarn in 2018, we saw a "coming soon" of dragging and dropping images into the RCE. I can't seem to find anything about it. I've been looking at the upcoming changes to the RCE and don't see anything, and my searches h...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can you change all of the assignments in a group from points to percentages?  Or do you have to go and change every individual assignment?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to gather feedback from learners about one of our eLearnings so have set up an ungraded survey. I assumed I would be able to add this to a Mastery Path which we haven't used before, and then discovered that as it's an ungraded survey, this isn...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I drop the lowest quiz grade from an Assignment group.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I hide a quiz grade and not count it in the final grade.  The one I am specifically trying to hide is done online in Lock down Browser. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In Discussions, do you have the ability to add tags so you can sort and quickly find posts in the same discussions with the same topics and tags?  (I notice that you have the ability to add tags at the bottom of this "Ask a Question" form...)ThanksSh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

There is documentation about the use of prerequisites in Modules in order to prevent accessing another Module until specified  assignments/activities are completed.  However, I found that using prerequisites are very useful for students even when not...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I add Cengage Mindtap lessons to my Canvas? I looked it up and I am trying to figure out if I am doing it wrong or if my school has it blocked.Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I had an instructor who was wondering if there is a workaround relating to setting up student groups. She has 850 students over all her courses and wants to create groups based upon sections but at the moment it is tedious and I was wondering if ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello canvas community is it possible to have two separate classes collaborate over a discussion post? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having some issues with embedded Google Presentations.  I have running homework presentations for my classes; I just add a new slide for each class, but they can still go back and view past slides.  Once every 7-10 days or so, the students stop s...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I don't know my case is a singularity or someone else in the community experienced the same. For some reason, when faculty copy over a course to a new one, the testing bank banks are not staying linked to the quizzes. I have to manually relink them. ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

New quizzes drops the ability to download student responses. I teach a data visualization class and each day in class we review student submission. I learned, 1 hour before class, that new quizzes drops this feature.  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I widen columns in tables via Announcements?  How do I align the column content so it is at the top rather than the center?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,As far as I can tell each new assignment creates a new column in the course gradebook. Is there a way to have multiple assignments contribute to one column entry in a course gradebook? So for example, there would be multiple assignments that come ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can see any of my courses on the dashboard page, I also can't view submission when clicking the assignment tab within a module?? any ideas how to fix this?? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies