Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We have an external provider of content who gives us content based on our server domain (links from our server go to the content and not a paywall).  Basically, our content provider will allow our students access to the 'Toolkit' content we buy  if s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to start the On-boarding Quiz for my CS-6035-O01https://gatech.instructure.com/courses/106056 course. When I request my Access Code I get a "page not found massage". I need to get this code to do the quiz.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to make document available to students on Pages. How do I enable Pages for students to see?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HiOn Discussions, I know how to upload a video or audio recording using the media button on the rich editor box/bar and selecting a file from my computer, but is there a way to directly record using the record tab (instead of the upload one) and save...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

hvordan merker jeg et emne slik at den blir registrert som "favoritt" og vil vises i Dashboard emner?Translation from Google Translate:how do I mark a topic so that it is registered as "favorite" and will appear in Dashboard topics?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everybodyHappy New Year!The January release includes a new feature permitting users to associate their profile with personal pronouns.However, I wonder how this works on accounts with several languages? At UCPH, we use both the English and Dani...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My canvas page is saying I am not to able to add my cource at this time. I am all paid up and registered for the cass. Why cant I add it. Thanks

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I find out what my password is if I forgot it but I can log in because it automatically saved

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a teaching assistant or grader?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create pages for learning statistics in Canvas, there is often a lot of content on one page, so the page is long and probably challenging to work with. I'd like to make something like an accordion or expandible in the page to hide content. Her...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

WEEK #11/11      -          Introduction to ENGLISH M01A - Syllabus Review/Class Introductions In Class Writing AssignmentWEEK #21/18      -           No Class – Martin Luther King Jr. HolidayWEEK #31/25      -           Read Chapter 1 “Critical Read...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

What is the best app for uploading a video of the instructor talking with the students?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Macbook pro and I am trying to work on my courses however none of the material is show. The website will log on and show my courses but nothing will show when I click to see my work. I also tried to come to this page on the macbook and it wo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

im supposed to be making folders to organize files for my class

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Everyone, I have a question. I am preparing to start teaching my classes on February 1, 2019, and I wanted to know how do you all talk to the students? Do you all have like a free conference call they dial into while looking at your screen? Ple...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My instructor sent an email saying that he opened up the course. I have not been able to access it or any other course on my canvas page. I've seen my financial page, and everything seems to be in order. What needs to be done in order for me to see m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I created a new quiz (through the new Quizzes.Next feature) that has two file upload questions, which works as expected. The problem is that, to file the uploaded files, the only way I found was to go to Moderate and filter by Submitted. This has...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello I am looking to copy my whole course from eLearn to this new set up.  I am a distance educator instructor and was not advised that this was changing and have not been informed how to complete copy a course from elearn.  All help and advice woul...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to take a screenshot of Excel to post in Canvas in a discussion thread. But I can't seem to do either very well. What are the basics for including images or data tables in Canvas? Microsoft excel

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Im an instructor.It is not giving me the option to edit or add files .I see the course but the page is not giving me the option to edit or add. The syllabus , I push the link but the edit or upload button is not there.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I forgot how to copy a course to another course shell....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make the annoucements and assignments visible to students?They both have the crossed out eye next to them right now...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can not find my courses which i should have in time.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a quiz where I have made all of the text font pt14 so it is easier to read. The only part that I am not sure how to make bigger is for the True/False questions? The 'True' 'False' click options are still pt12 and I can't see how to edit this t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I will be using Canvas for the first time this spring. My roster is full, but since the semester hasn’t started yet, no students have submitted essays! Yet I would really like to try Speed Grader and see how it works so that I can decide whether to h...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to make a test to where the kids are forced to take the test if they open it. Also, how do I make the quiz only open for certain hours each day? I want to make sure another student does not take the test for another. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I know that you're supposed to be able to remove old courses from your dashboard by un-starring them, but there are 4 random courses that I do not have starred and yet I can't get them to leave my dashboard. This was never a problem in the past a...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I received .xml files to upload a quiz bank for my class. However, when I went to upload, it only gave me the option to upload as a quiz, and not as a quiz bank. Here's an image of the option I get:There are 15 quizzes, and each quiz is at least 100 ...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to change the point total for quizzes from 15 to 20, but there is nothing in the edit of the quiz that allows it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies